**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

Got me a long !*$ day at work and it's not going by any faster due to how tired I am from staying up last night
30t6p3b.gif

The only person I'm pissed at is:

Jim Haslett - 3rd and 21 and you go for an all out blitz??? I can 100% get behind DeAngelo Hall and his anger over that. Haslett called the same %@@@ on 1st and 2nd and dials it up again for a THRID time, like ROmo wouldn't adjust?? Romo's MO is extending the play and Haslett fell right into his strength. Outside of Revis and Nnamdi, I don't know of any other CB who could have made a play on the ball last night on that 3rd and 21 w. no safety help. Haslett did Hall (for the 2nd week in a row) NO favors. He isn't a cover corner, but Haslett expected him to be one
30t6p3b.gif

*Helu needs more touches

*Liked seeing Cooley at FB

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Got me a long !*$ day at work and it's not going by any faster due to how tired I am from staying up last night
30t6p3b.gif

Jim Haslett - 3rd and 21 and you go for an all out blitz??? I can 100% get behind DeAngelo Hall and his anger over that. Haslett called the same %@@@ on 1st and 2nd and dials it up again for a THRID time, like ROmo wouldn't adjust?? Romo's MO is extending the play and Haslett fell right into his strength. Outside of Revis and Nnamdi, I don't know of any other CB who could have made a play on the ball last night on that 3rd and 21 w. no safety help. Haslett did Hall (for the 2nd week in a row) NO favors. He isn't a cover corner, but Haslett expected him to be one
30t6p3b.gif

*Helu needs more touches

Co-sign on everything. On the bright side, you can easily filter out people that don't know +$+% about football by the ones who blame D-Lo and don't see anything wrong with blitzing there
laugh.gif
There were several other times in the game where we just played zone on 3rd and long and tackled them for a short gain. They already needed 21 freaking yards to extend the game and you dial up a play that gives them the best chance of completing a long pass if you don't get a sack
laugh.gif
 I dont' like that call at any point in the game but you can somewhat get away with it in the first three quarters. But when there's two minutes left and the one thing you cannot do is let them get in field goal range, it's a "chicken +$+% call." 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

*Helu needs more touches

Co-sign on everything. On the bright side, you can easily filter out people that don't know +$+% about football by the ones who blame D-Lo and don't see anything wrong with blitzing there
laugh.gif
There were several other times in the game where we just played zone on 3rd and long and tackled them for a short gain. They already needed 21 freaking yards to extend the game and you dial up a play that gives them the best chance of completing a long pass if you don't get a sack
laugh.gif
 I dont' like that call at any point in the game but you can somewhat get away with it in the first three quarters. But when there's two minutes left and the one thing you cannot do is let them get in field goal range, it's a "chicken +$+% call." 

When the play happened, I was VEXED
laugh.gif
  I was pissed at D.Hall for being, well, D.Hall 
30t6p3b.gif
  After I calmed down a bit, I realized that he isn't to blame for what happened on that 3rd and 21.  You got a 5'9" CB going up against a 6'2" WR in single coverage.  Dez will catch that 10x outta 10 on just about anyone.  There is nothing outside of pass interference that a CB could do in that situation.  D.Hall and Haslett have to have a sitdown at some point.  This is the 2nd week in a row that Haslett has left Hall on an island against a big-time WR (last week vs. Fitz).  I don't know why he does this seeing that outside of the two big plays he's given up this season, it's been due to no safety help (FWIW, I do think Hall is playing his best football as a ******* so far this year as far as tackling etc.).  These fools need to make the right adjustments and come ready to play vs. the Rams.  This is another battered and bruised team....it's a winnable game and I hope these guys go into the break 3-1.    

I was rooting on the Skins to win that game and ya all blew it! Hightower running like a stud in that 3rd qtr only to be replaced by a Rookie in the fourth and a QB that has poor aim. I am really shock at how dumb the play calling was when they had the ball with about 6-7 minutes left in the 4th qtr and didn't bother to kill the clock by running Hightower.

The pitch to Moss in the first quarter while we were inside the 10 really confused me, like why?!

^Exactly. I was pissed before the play even happened cus I kept saying we better back off of these blitzes or we'll lose. I thought for sure we were just bluffing the blitz on 3rd down but nope
laugh.gif
Especially after Ogletree got behind the D and caught that 20 yard pass earlier in the drive (that would have been a TD if Romo didn't throw behind the WR), I thought Haslett would wise up and play it a little safer.

Haslett needs to realize that Hall is not a shutdown cover corner, much less even an above average cover corner. That's why he flamed out in Oakland; they were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I'm not that high on D-Hall as a player overall but you need to put him into a position to succeed. His strength is playing off in zone coverage and using his ability to break on the ball to make plays. If put him in man with no safety help you're begging to lose. If we had played two deep on that 3rd down the game is probably over.

I'm no football wiz but that was just an inexcusable call. Also I didn't think of this til now, but it was made even worse by the fact that our guys had been slipping on that turf all night. It was probably two down territory and if Romo makes a hot read to a slant to set up a manageable 4th down and one of our guys slips trying to recover, there's nobody there to prevent a TD.
laugh.gif

Anyways besides this one call we keep harping on, I was pretty pleased overall with how we played. Wish we could have run the ball more effectively but I wasn't expecting it. If Hightower hadn't slipped on that one cutback around the 10 early in the game he was easily gonna score; that run was perfectly blocked.

Also tell me how the Cowboys had 6 fumbles (including the snaps) and only lost one of them? Like I said last night Romo is the luckiest unlucky guy I've ever seen.

* J's, add the words washington and ******** to the tags in Opening Post for I can find this thread quicker after games end.

3-1 going into the bye week.

I'm sure not many people will be satisfied the way this game went near the end, but unlike past years, we beat these poor bastards. It's sickening to see this game be so close when they are absolute AMATEURS outside of Bradford and Jackson. We have a big problem when teams run the spread formation and no huddle against us.

Torrain = F'IN MONSTER and should be the #1.

Great Pass Rush...I sure hope LaRon can hold up for the rest of the year...

HUGE game out of the bye as we host Philly, Fred and Cooley must be on their A+ game along with the 3 headed monster attack to have a chance vs them...and as I type this, the Lions have taken the lead over Dallas with a minute left
a9b35efee3ba93ab8b70ea778552004e3aa4663.gif
...SO SICK we didn't beat Dallas man....but that's the way it goes...3-1.

Philly and Dallas just lost.
pimp.gif

On top of the division alone....Hopefully the Cards get it done vs Giants.
pimp.gif

Positives

-Pass Rush
pimp.gif

-Torain
-Niles Paul on ST

Negatives

-Grossman
-Grossman
-Grossman
-Grossman
-Grossman
-Kyle Shanahan

Add Brandon's returns to the negatives...I don't know what's going on there. Add Sav Rocca to the positives...best punter we've had in years.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Add Brandon's returns to the negatives...I don't know what's going on there. Add Sav Rocca to the positives...best punter we've had in years.
Yeah...what's up w. Brandon Banks?  He doesn't look as explosive as last year. 

*Apparently, Tim Ryan thought Sam Bradford could do no wrong today.  EVERYTHING was on his WRs.  Yeah, they had drops...but there were some uncatchable passes that Ryan thought were routine. 
30t6p3b.gif
  "Imagine if Sam Bradford had Calvin Johnson?"  Well, you *%@#+*#, he doesn't...so, shut up. 

Some thoughts:

Front 7 are quite solid and consistently manage a pass rush without blitzing, so unlike last year.

Torain is a decent back, and should be getting the majority of rushes; I have no desire to see Hightower rush for three yards a pop all season. The guy has no explosiveness, and even less vision in using blockers and finding lanes.

Grossman is a ticking time bomb just waiting to give the game away at any second.

Orakpo is a beast.

our defense will not save us every game 
30t6p3b.gif

we really need to give Beck a look..

The Miami game is the last winnable game for the rest of the season. :/ Would 4-12 land us Barkley or Jones?

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The Miami game is the last winnable game for the rest of the season. :/ Would 4-12 land us Barkley or Jones?
Neither....

I say see if Beck is serviceable...roll with him if he can show he can manage games (for the most part).  If that's the case, trade back, get more picks, and draft a PLAYMAKER WR (Floyd/Blackmon) with the 1st round pick...use the 2nd rounder for a QB to groom.  The offense is *$%
laugh.gif

RIP to Sean. Time flies so fast, but he'll never be forgotten.

I was hyped on Helu's run and Rex's bomb to AA.

But we should have f'ed around and lost to ensure a good draft position.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

I would love for us to draft RGIII. We never really draft franchise-type skill position players. 

Welp...might as well make this the offseason thread heading into next August.

What a crap spot to end up at #6...crucial we land a QB. My #1 is RG2, Option 2 - Flynn and if we miss on those 2 then it gets murky because I'm not liking any of the remaining QBs and Peyton with his risk just can't be taken. Cut #8,12,45, Stallworth, 52, and let 30 and 86 walk. TE are a dime a dozen and LaRon is entering Mike Brown territory with his injury. I'd be fine with letting Fletch go too if he wants too much $. How bout you all?

Back
Top Bottom