Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by mints

Originally Posted by mugzbo

WOW!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That pic brought me waaaay back. This thing right here was what revolutionized the mp3 players market. I remember my MD cost me like $300 and it came with the silver cylindrical remote that was mad new to the market. Good god, that was the iPod before the iPod...for like 5 minutes. The MD hype lasted only until wack #!@ mp3 players came onto the screen and then the iPod just dominated the game from there.

I thought I was the man for having the damn thing too.
laugh.gif

The only ones that did actual mp3s were the REALLY late model ones at the very end of their life. The first MD players came out WAY back when in 1992 and were being pushed by the labels and Sony as a digital alternative to the cassette walkman. Back in the early 90s they actually sold prerecorded studio albums on MD, I remember a set up at Macy's, right next to the Sega Genesis display with a selection of releases on MD (most of it was stuff that was released on Sony owned labels). Over the years I had several MD recorders, they were pretty handy for recording live audio dumped from an audio board, the last one I had was a Christmas present given to me by my parents in 2003 mere weeks after I'd switched over to being strictly a Mac guy, the software Sony put out to transfer your music was incompatible with MacOS so I never got to test out the claims that you could transfer over high quality compressed music (if I recall the one I had still only used ATRAC3 and not mp3)
A bunch of my friends are musicians so they all had them because they were compact and convenient for making recordings of their jam sessions and compositions. It was a lot easier to deal with than cassettes and they couldn't afford studio time. They were practical for a niche market at the time. And I remember at least one local Tower records had a section of albums on MD.
Funny that minidisc is included. Sony just announced they would stop producing them last week. I would say that lasted. Indie artists loved them.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by mints

Originally Posted by mugzbo

WOW!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That pic brought me waaaay back. This thing right here was what revolutionized the mp3 players market. I remember my MD cost me like $300 and it came with the silver cylindrical remote that was mad new to the market. Good god, that was the iPod before the iPod...for like 5 minutes. The MD hype lasted only until wack #!@ mp3 players came onto the screen and then the iPod just dominated the game from there.

I thought I was the man for having the damn thing too.
laugh.gif

The only ones that did actual mp3s were the REALLY late model ones at the very end of their life. The first MD players came out WAY back when in 1992 and were being pushed by the labels and Sony as a digital alternative to the cassette walkman. Back in the early 90s they actually sold prerecorded studio albums on MD, I remember a set up at Macy's, right next to the Sega Genesis display with a selection of releases on MD (most of it was stuff that was released on Sony owned labels). Over the years I had several MD recorders, they were pretty handy for recording live audio dumped from an audio board, the last one I had was a Christmas present given to me by my parents in 2003 mere weeks after I'd switched over to being strictly a Mac guy, the software Sony put out to transfer your music was incompatible with MacOS so I never got to test out the claims that you could transfer over high quality compressed music (if I recall the one I had still only used ATRAC3 and not mp3)
A bunch of my friends are musicians so they all had them because they were compact and convenient for making recordings of their jam sessions and compositions. It was a lot easier to deal with than cassettes and they couldn't afford studio time. They were practical for a niche market at the time. And I remember at least one local Tower records had a section of albums on MD.
Funny that minidisc is included. Sony just announced they would stop producing them last week. I would say that lasted. Indie artists loved them.

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

Crank Lucas

Aaliyah.jpg

that hurt my heart... its been 10 years and still im not over it. she coulda been a legend on some patti labelle type stuff

Crank Lucas

Aaliyah.jpg

that hurt my heart... its been 10 years and still im not over it. she coulda been a legend on some patti labelle type stuff

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Aaliyah.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

damn did yall have to go there.... i remember watching the simpsons on fox & they cut to a news @ 9 commercial talking about what happened
30t6p3b.gif
..scarred for life

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Aaliyah.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

damn did yall have to go there.... i remember watching the simpsons on fox & they cut to a news @ 9 commercial talking about what happened
30t6p3b.gif
..scarred for life

Originally Posted by Weekz

Crank Lucas

Aaliyah.jpg

now we have rihanna's, nicki minaj's, and beyonce's...RIP 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 romeo must die was the movie. 

Originally Posted by Weekz

Crank Lucas

Aaliyah.jpg

now we have rihanna's, nicki minaj's, and beyonce's...RIP 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 romeo must die was the movie. 

Back
Top Bottom