Thinking about moving. College students living on your own, come in. (NYC, CA, CO)!!

chiefwiggum

Banned
Alright, I am currently living in Florida. Beautiful, perfect weather. Unfortunately, that is literally all there is in most parts. I do not plan on relocating in this state. A friend of mine just moved to Colorado, so that is one of the options. The other two are of course, NY or CA. I lived in NY until I was 17 and wouldn't mind moving back. 
My main question(s) is (to anyone living on their own or with roomies in any of those three states) what are your expenses?

Do you like your location?

How is the day life/night life? 

Are you happy where you are?

Lemme know any info you guys have, thanks.

Alright, I am currently living in Florida. Beautiful, perfect weather. Unfortunately, that is literally all there is in most parts. I do not plan on relocating in this state. A friend of mine just moved to Colorado, so that is one of the options. The other two are of course, NY or CA. I lived in NY until I was 17 and wouldn't mind moving back. 
My main question(s) is (to anyone living on their own or with roomies in any of those three states) what are your expenses?

Do you like your location?

How is the day life/night life? 

Are you happy where you are?

Lemme know any info you guys have, thanks.

where in florida so you live? i live in orlando and the nightlife is sick...and miami is that much sicker

i live in a VERY nice apt 1200 month...2 bed, 2 bath. so 600 w/ roommate...indoor bball court, pool, hot tub, game room etc.

loving it here

beaches less than an hour away...bout to head there right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

honestly tho my main goal is to get out to So Cal...just seems like that lifestyle fits me
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

where in florida so you live? i live in orlando and the nightlife is sick...and miami is that much sicker

i live in a VERY nice apt 1200 month...2 bed, 2 bath. so 600 w/ roommate...indoor bball court, pool, hot tub, game room etc.

loving it here

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

honestly tho my main goal is to get out to So Cal...just seems like that lifestyle fits me
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

New Port Richey, near Tampa. Over run with pills and crime lol. I think three police officers have been killed this month? Anyway, ORL is pretty cool. I like southern FL more though. I'm just trying to do my own thing, and being 2 hours away from my rents is still too close.

New Port Richey, near Tampa. Over run with pills and crime lol. I think three police officers have been killed this month? Anyway, ORL is pretty cool. I like southern FL more though. I'm just trying to do my own thing, and being 2 hours away from my rents is still too close.

One of my favorite sellers on eBay is from New Port Richey
pimp.gif
Forreal though come out to AZ!

One of my favorite sellers on eBay is from New Port Richey
pimp.gif
Forreal though come out to AZ!

I stay in hollywood, CA

love the vibe/atmosphere.

night life is nice but i hardly go out to clubs.

more of a bar person. i just enjoy the diversity and GRIFFITH PARK
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

did i mention the wemanz ?!
smile.gif

I stay in hollywood, CA

love the vibe/atmosphere.

night life is nice but i hardly go out to clubs.

more of a bar person. i just enjoy the diversity and GRIFFITH PARK
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

did i mention the wemanz ?!
smile.gif

I'd probably try to get a job at a decent restaurant when I move hoping to make some good college money. I work at a fairly high-end steakhouse now and make a couple hundo a week. I imagine it would be better in CA or NY.

I'd probably try to get a job at a decent restaurant when I move hoping to make some good college money. I work at a fairly high-end steakhouse now and make a couple hundo a week. I imagine it would be better in CA or NY.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

loving it here

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Where in Orlando do you live?

Originally Posted by youngmoney

loving it here

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Where in Orlando do you live?

Move to Boston, crash in my attic two bed room $1000. Plus we can carpool to work. I do need someone to help me braid my hair, though

Move to Boston, crash in my attic two bed room $1000. Plus we can carpool to work. I do need someone to help me braid my hair, though

I live in the Bay, go to school in the city. It's perfect. Prices for renting aren't as horrible as you would think either.
Nightlife: I'm a bar person. There are bars for every occasion I would want.

Happy: I couldn't see myself anywhere else.

It's a really nice place to live in terms of just enjoying life at a good pace.

I live in the Bay, go to school in the city. It's perfect. Prices for renting aren't as horrible as you would think either.
Nightlife: I'm a bar person. There are bars for every occasion I would want.

Happy: I couldn't see myself anywhere else.

It's a really nice place to live in terms of just enjoying life at a good pace.

Originally Posted by markster555

Colorado
Great Beer

Pretty much legal 
pimp.gif

Baddd white girls
devil.gif

Low Cost of living and Good Music Scene
Thinking about movie to CO after graduation. How is it out there? Any racism(I'm from the south...)? I want to leave probably downtown denver and will be working in the IT industry.

Originally Posted by markster555

Colorado
Great Beer

Pretty much legal 
pimp.gif

Baddd white girls
devil.gif

Low Cost of living and Good Music Scene
Thinking about movie to CO after graduation. How is it out there? Any racism(I'm from the south...)? I want to leave probably downtown denver and will be working in the IT industry.

About 25-30k/yr
Not in love with being in the Inland Empire, but it's only 1-2 hours away from the OC, SD, or LA so it's not too bad
If you really wanted to, you will find something to do every day/night, but if you're going to school and serious about it, you won't have too much free time anyway
I'm pretty satisfied, my parents live in San Diego so I can come home whenever I want, plus California weather > *

Back
Top Bottom