THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO WASHINGTON

willie mcfly22 willie mcfly22 For context, I grew up in the south end (Renton/Kent), I went to college in SoCal and I'm currently on the eastside (Bellevue/Sammamish). I think that covers most of the areas you were asking about. Culturally, I think you'll find similarities between Norcal and the PNW - MUCH more so than SoCal vs. PNW or NorCal. The lack of state income tax here will be an added bonus for any Cali resident making the move. Tacoma is relatively far from Seattle by local standards, 35 miles 45-60 minutes depending on traffic. In my opinion, the school systems on the Eastside are much better than the south end, and, again, I grew up in the south end. Cost of living and housing in the south end is less than the Eastside. The IT and Healthcare communities are very healthy but competitive in the area, but overall switching careers to those fields could be very rewarding here.
I don't know as much about the shoe scene anymore, but there are only a few boutiques in the Seattle area to note. I think malls in the southend tend to receive more GRs than Seattle or the Eastside. Just referencing a Footlocker release map, we don't generally receive the same amount or GR quantities as NorCal.
sorry this is a bit scattered, but if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. good luck with whatever you decide

ill just speak on the shoe scene up here in the PNW since i am from Chicago. depending on your shoe size for example i wear a size 9.5-10 and its impossible for me to get kicks if i didnt know anyone. the raffles are all rigged up here imo. however the couple times i lined up for kicks wasnt that many folks there maybe it was because of GR. i moved out here in 2004 (military) and been here ever since from 2005-2010 it was easy to get your kicks out here but now just like everywhere else its really difficult to cop kicks and keep im mind that alot products not just kicks dont even make out here to Washington State.

i have a federal job so im not sure about the Job market out here for those fields your interested in but im pretty sure that anything to do with computers will be a competitive field however its plenty of $$$ up here.

good info bro, repped and thank you. its leaning toward me to not movin up there. the weather is a big hang up for me. i enjoyed my memorial day weekend i checked the weather for seattle area and it was 63 and raining!! nope, cant do that. sooo appreaciate the 2 responses but ima have to stay right where im at LOL...

good info bro, repped and thank you. its leaning toward me to not movin up there. the weather is a big hang up for me. i enjoyed my memorial day weekend i checked the weather for seattle area and it was 63 and raining!! nope, cant do that. sooo appreaciate the 2 responses but ima have to stay right where im at LOL...
lol no doubt. yea were lucky to get 90days of sunshine 80 degrees good luck bro take it easy

Even though it said it was raining yesterday the sun was out most of the afternoon/evening and the weather was pretty good.

LOL @ the evolution to The Seattle Weather thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom