This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
With wifey out of town vacaying with her girlfriends in Mexico, the boy & I had a fun filled day going to the movies, getting ice coffee, getting lunch, & then going out for dinner... With Pogba & Ibra being his 2 favorite players (posters are on the wall), he wants their United shirts. :smh: Another tournament next week so he has a chance to earn one.

Finally watch the Barca vs Betis game off the DVR... Umtiti look good in what limited defending he had to do. Denis Suarez continues to do a solid job. Amazing how much his game has grown since playing with the City youth teams.

Sergi Roberto was a beast at fullback today, homey even got 2 assists. Good way to open the Liga campaign. It will be interesting to see how this team & it's new players grow during the campaign...

Cheers to the new campaign & thread fellas...

Get him an Ibra Barca shirt

Arsene Wenger has been an 'absolute shambles' says the Daily Mirror's John Cross

The Arsenal manager has made just three first-team signings this summer, bringing in defensive midfielder Granit Xhaka, forward Takuma Asano and young defender Rob Holding.

This has led to anger among fans who feel more reinforcements are needed, and Cross, speaking on the Sunday Supplement sympathises with those supporters, saying the manager has made some big errors in the last few months.

"I think the worry is for Arsenal and for Wenger is the disconnect between the manager and the club and the fans is growing ever deeper," Cross said. "I've always been a huge admirer of Wenger, but he really has lost me over this window. I think he's been an absolute shambles.

"I think it's been poor management, poor planning and I do think Arsenal fans have every right to be fed-up, frustrated and to voice their concerns.

"It's been a disaster for Arsenal this transfer window because I do think at the end of last season there was a bit of a talk of a revolution with talks of three or four out and three or four in, major changes, and they fell short.

"Yes, they were second in the table but to actually challenge and, particularly with the Manchester clubs bringing in two superstar managers, major change and major surgery was required.

"You go through the summer and their only major signing has been Granit Xhaka and it's just not enough. They need a striker, they started the summer by needing a centre-half and why-oh-why every year, do Arsenal go into August, something of a mess, a bit of a shambles, trying to drive a hard bargain on August 31."

Arsenal held current Premier League champions Leicester to a 0-0 draw on Saturday evening and Wenger took out his transfer window frustrations on the press, but Cross feels Wenger could be heading for an exit.

"It looks like Wenger's tenure is coming to an end and it's been a wonderful 20 years but football has moved on and Arsenal and Wenger have been left in the past and this summer illustrates that," Cross added.

"It wasn't too bad yesterday and drawing at the defending champions as a one off result, you have to say isn't a bad return. It's in the wider context of things that Arsenal fans are fed up with.

"We were told that they were moving to the Emirates to go and compete with the big European super powers and as such, that just hasn't happened. It is so clear that Arsenal needed an experienced, top quality centre-half and a striker and they haven't addressed that issue.

"It is all well and good for Wenger to say he is on a one-man crusade against the transfer market escalating prices and that is very admirable, but actually it is poor planning because if you had gone out and got someone like Shkodran Mustafi at the beginning of the window, he wouldn't be under this pressure that he is now.

"People look behind the scenes at their scouting and people making the transfers and trying to make deal, I don't think it's particularly their fault. I think it all comes down to the manager being dithering."

Got this from Sky. The article mentions Asano, apparently he was denied a work permit. Hopefully he gets loaned to the Bundesliga or La Liga

Wenger confirmed Mustafi deal is in works.
They're also going for Brahimi.

Last edited:

s0139646_sc7

If thats the case,its interesting that he's been including in the Los Che squad against Las Palmas tomorrow for the first time this season after it was reported that he's finally been back at training last week...:nerd:

Last edited:
This is why I chose Van Aanholt for my fantasy team. Not for his defensive abilities but his offensive abilities been waiting for this goal all day.

Last edited:
West Ham and Leicester should also try throwing their names in the hat...

Klopp as well?
I told my boy that Hert, wasn't leaving England, dude tried to argue with me about it. They would rather take a paycut to stay in England than play in another country

Yea you rarely ever see these big British stars ever going to play in another leagues in their primes,probably has something to do with their comfort level at home and the fact that when they do go abroad, they usually don't do too well unless you're a Bale type of talent.

Yea you rarely ever see these big British stars ever going to play in another leagues in their primes,probably has something to do with their comfort level at home and the fact that when they do go abroad, they usually don't do too well unless you're a Bale type of talent.
Look at Tom ince, dude could've gone to Juventus and opted to stay and play for relegation bound Hull.

If thats the case,its interesting that he's been including in the Los Che squad against Las Palmas tomorrow for the first time this season after it was reported that he's finally been back at training last week...:nerd:

Yeah, he's back in the squad. The act that talks are still ongoing is a real problem

Teams saw what Leicster did and want to win the league so they don't want to get rid of their prized young assets just yet.

Seria A is a different animal though,not too much you can do to compete against Juve :lol:

In other news

@Jon_LeGossip:
According to Le Parisien, Emery told David Luiz earlier this summer that he only sees a substitute role for him at PSG.

Luiz has reacted well, Emery & his staff have apparently been impressed by his professionalism.

However, Marquinhos expected to start over him when back & Luiz should ultimately take place on bench.

:rofl: :rofl:

From most expensive defender ever to most expensive benchwarmer in the world :x,the fact that he's okay with everything says it all :lol:

Also...

@IndyFootball:
David Moyes tells Sunderland supporters to expect another relegation scrap | @MarkOgden_ http://ind.pn/2bVuZgi

What a man.. installing such belief into his players. We should have kept him longer...

Last edited:
I mean, Ranieri said pretty much the same thing when he said his priority is avoiding relegation.

I mean, Ranieri said pretty much the same thing when he said his priority is avoiding relegation.

That's not the same thing though :lol:,Moyes is already anticipating being near the bottom whereas Ranieri was trying to keep the pressure low on his squad

I feel for you & the other Gooners but I'm afraid kroneke is a case of herpes for Arsenal. He ain't ever going away even if Wenger steps down.

Edit -Oh damn Calleri, how to you golf that?!?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom