This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
impressive 1-0 win by the US U20 over Mexico

cc @NorthOaklandFC
 @Mastamind89
 @psk2310

I didn't see the match, I wish I did but I heard about it. Major win, the U-20 pool has talent. When is the next match?

Next match is Friday vs El Salvador. Win or draw and the CONCACAF championship is ours.

@PortuBall Official: Porto made a €29,6m loss in the 1st financial semester of the 2016/17 season. The main reason: Lack of player sales. Porto justify the €30m loss & their lack of player sales with "the need to once again win titles". FCP trophyless since the 2013 SuperTaça. Porto have to make a €100m profit by the end of the season to stay in line with Financial Fair Play. Stars will leave Os Dragão this summer! Porto's financial report show they spent €20m on 85% of Óliver Torres' economic rights. It's expensive to play with Jorge Mendes!

Sole reason FC Porto didn't exercise Eric Palmer-Brown's option to buy at the end of his loan.

Thanks.
I hope there's still a chance that they will go after EPB and buy him. Hopefully they will be in the clear at the end of this summer

defense is both of our problems. 

gonna miss Lucho.  he doesn't get any credit and will be always overshadowed by msn 

his first transfer was rakitic which was one of the best non-superstar transfers we've ever had.

he also carried himself well with the utmost class. he always kept it about the team. always defended our players and never made it about himself

even admitted his mistakes publicly which a lot of managers don't do often.

all the players respected him and they never got out of line...he even got suarez to calm down.

can't wait for xavi to start his coaching career. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Just saw this on twitter :rofl:

‏Verified account @GMPMiddleton 22 hours ago
Use your mobile phone & drive as of today you'll end up with more points on your licence than Liverpool FC got throughout February......SIX

Christian Pulisic, Ousmane Dembele turned down Liverpool approach

Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic and Ousmane Dembele have told FourFourTwo magazine that they both turned down approaches from Liverpool.

Pulisic, a long-standing target for Liverpool, said he was the subject of a €13 million bid in the summer, while Dembele says he met with manager Jurgen Klopp before agreeing his transfer to Dortmund from Rennes.

Klopp is an admirer of Pulisic, 18, who joined Dortmund's academy when the German was in charge, but the U.S. international recently extended his contract until 2020.

"I have respect for Klopp and I know him -- he was very welcoming to me here -- but I was never really thinking about going to Liverpool," Pulisic said.

"Dortmund have given me everything. If I work very hard here I will play and I love this club."

Ousmane Dembele and Christian Pulisic both chose Borussia Dortmund over Liverpool.
Meanwhile, Dembele, added that Klopp tried to take him to Anfield during a meeting in Paris, with Premier League champions Leicester City also interested.

However, Dortmund eventually won the race to sign 19-year-old.

"I saw Klopp in Paris but I told him I'd made up my mind to sign for BVB," the France international said.

"I made the decision a long time ago, so going to Leicester was out of the question."

Last edited:
Christian Pulisic, Ousmane Dembele turned down Liverpool approach

Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic and Ousmane Dembele have told FourFourTwo magazine that they both turned down approaches from Liverpool.

Pulisic, a long-standing target for Liverpool, said he was the subject of a €13 million bid in the summer, while Dembele says he met with manager Jurgen Klopp before agreeing his transfer to Dortmund from Rennes.

Klopp is an admirer of Pulisic, 18, who joined Dortmund's academy when the German was in charge, but the U.S. international recently extended his contract until 2020.

"I have respect for Klopp and I know him -- he was very welcoming to me here -- but I was never really thinking about going to Liverpool," Pulisic said.

"Dortmund have given me everything. If I work very hard here I will play and I love this club."

Ousmane Dembele and Christian Pulisic both chose Borussia Dortmund over Liverpool.
Meanwhile, Dembele, added that Klopp tried to take him to Anfield during a meeting in Paris, with Premier League champions Leicester City also interested.

However, Dortmund eventually won the race to sign 19-year-old.

"I saw Klopp in Paris but I told him I'd made up my mind to sign for BVB," the France international said.

"I made the decision a long time ago, so going to Leicester was out of the question."

Good! :rofl: :rofl:

The young gawd Pulisic and Dembele know better than to go to Liverpoo.

I hope Rolls Reus says no to them too :lol:

Last edited:
I'm just saying. Even Roma have luck in that category.

They're at a great academy, it's not like they're playing in Belgium or Portugal (no offense Coupe). At this point, BVB to Liverpool would be a lateral move and I can see why two young men who are still learning would want to stay put.

They're at a great academy, it's not like they're playing in Belgium or Portugal (no offense Coupe). At this point, BVB to Liverpool would be a lateral move and I can see why two young men who are still learning would want to stay put.
Surprisingly I agree with you Trey. Also, I think pt played into why they would prefer to go to BVB. Both players would've been mostly sitting on the bench if they came to Liverpool. Now they are getting much need first team footy and when they leave, they will be proven starters. Moussa Dembele did the same thing. He turned down every big club that was interested because he wanted to go to a club where he could play right away

There's way more pressure on them once they step foot at anfield anyway.

Just like you said, it's a lateral move in terms of quality of club. But not stature. They're comfortable where they are. I wouldn't want to make that move either. At least not yet

I doubt it, but I always hear about how he's going to be a manager eventually. I was just predicting what kind of annoying manager he will actually become :lol:

Last edited:
The reason Mourinho hates Barca and Guardiola so much is that he was dedicated to them and prepared a huge presentation of why he would be the perfect manager, but they picked Guardiola over him, who at the time had much less managerial experience.

Surprisingly I agree with you Trey. Also, I think pt played into why they would prefer to go to BVB. Both players would've been mostly sitting on the bench if they came to Liverpool. Now they are getting much need first team footy and when they leave, they will be proven starters. Moussa Dembele did the same thing. He turned down every big club that was interested because he wanted to go to a club where he could play right away

To be fair, the narrative this summer was that Pulisic should move because he would surely sit at BVB after they signed Dembele, Schurle and Mor.

Liverpool goofed when they offered only 13M for Pulisic. Stoke offered 16M and even that was laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom