This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from France but I'm a French speaker originally and have family there so I definitely have a soft spot for them :lol:

They've also always had some of my faves on the squads so it's usually tough to root against them,same for the Selecao although I'm not as familiar with Portuguese :lol:
I've never heard of a non Portuguese rooting for us unless they were Ronaldo stans (not saying you are). Usually our teams have been the most despised the past decade or so due to Ronaldo, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho, Coentrao, etc. Basically all the Real Madrid Portuguese players ruined our reputations all over the world :lol: The entire world being salty about Portugal winning Euro 2016 while playing like trash most of the tournament was so damn :pimp: though :lol:

Last edited:
Portugal have a rally good squad going forward. Really excited to see how good RS and Martins get in the future.

Not from France but I'm a French speaker originally and have family there so I definitely have a soft spot for them :lol:

They've also always had some of my faves on the squads so it's usually tough to root against them,same for the Selecao although I'm not as familiar with Portuguese :lol:
I've never heard of a non Portuguese rooting for us unless they were Ronaldo stans (not saying you are). Usually our teams have been the most despised the past decade or so due to Ronaldo, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho, Coentrao, etc. Basically all the Real Madrid Portuguese players ruined our reputations all over the world :lol: The entire world being salty about Portugal winning Euro 2016 while playing like trash most of the tournament was so damn :pimp: though :lol:

Selecao = Brazil

What rolaholic rolaholic was saying in that post is that he's fond of the Brazilian national squad even though he doesn't speak Portuguese like he does French.

Kante might not be prolific offensively but he sure as hell knows how to capitalize on his chances.
don't you remember dude? midfielders aren't supposed to score
tongue.gif

Last edited:
can't expect to win games with 10 men

France should win the WC with that talent but if they don't win.....

Exactly.

For the first 30min, we actually had a match on our hands. After that sending off, we all knew immediately Chelsea would expose that extra space, and they did so rather well.

Realistically, I thought after that it would be a massacre. 1-0 I can live with.

Our focus should really just be on top 4.

Selecao = Brazil

What rolaholic rolaholic was saying in that post is that he's fond of the Brazilian national squad even though he doesn't speak Portuguese like he does French.
Selecao is what the Portuguese team is called as well.

View media item 2366921
He didn't specify which one, and since Portugal is the only relevant one of the two Selecaos, I assumed that's the country he was referring to.

Last edited:
France should win the WC with that talent but if they don't win.....
Nothing guarantees a WC win like that Premier League talent.

If history has shown anything, it's that a country that has a bunch of hyped Premier League players has a much bigger chance of winning a WC than a country with players who are the backbones of Barca/Real/Bayern. 

I can't say I agree. Out of the WC winners (Germany 2014, Spain 2010, Italy 2006, Brazil 2002, France 1998, Brazil 1994) since the Prem was created how many teams were stacked with Prem players?

I'm not seeing your logic here leavemeglazzies leavemeglazzies

#mufc are closely monitoring Romelu Lukaku after a contract extension with Everton failed to be finalised [telegraph]

:nerd:

Selecao = Brazil

Selecao is what the Portuguese team is called as well.

View media item 2366921
He didn't specify which one, and since Portugal is the only relevant one of the two Selecaos, I assumed that's the country he was referring to.

Yea I meant Brazil tbf,didn't realize Portugal shared the same nickname but I guess it makes sense since it's the same word :lol:

I don't mind Portugal but like you said,they've had some scumbags in the past that made it harder to wish them well :lol:

Someone like Pepe's slowly rehabed his image lately though,used to despise dude with a passion :lol:

On an unrelated note,man the amount of stick Pogba gets from everyone is starting to remind me of Sterling not that long ago,gets all the blame when things go wrong regardless. Also dudes are using everything from his hair,relationship with his fam to his buying habits just to slate him :lol:

People love to bring up the price but he wasn't brought in with the thought that he'd be a finished product. He's only 23 and had the advantage of playing in a stacked,WC caliber MF during his time in Italy.

Dude had to play out of position at DM yesterday,those who watched the Euro''s now how effective that is -_-, after going down to 10 men yet it's like folks expected him to pull a goal out of his *** against the best team in the league :lol:.

He plays much better when he has someone like a Pirlo or Carrick playing further behind him allowing him to operate higher up and in a more free role.

Hopefully like Raheem,he can ignore the noise and stay focused on improving. Glad that Mou seems to have his back no matter what at least. Also hope he stays away from social media :lol:,dude is getting the Memphis treatment rn :x

Last edited:
^

Of course, Mou deserves some loves. Without him, Chelsea would not be the club they are today. He will always be the Special One

Mou mentioned he will defend his club and players. That's fine. Conte will defend his club and players with our support

Last edited:
Someone remind me if Mou had Lukaku when he was at Chelsea? Did he use him?

He gave him a chance in the Euro Super Cup but Lukaku was terrible in that game, and frankly that was all Jose wanted to see of him. He was loaned out shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom