This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well played by Monaco reject the 3rd bid and let the rumors of Chelsea smelling blood in the water to force Txiki to crack under the pressure I see youo_O

would have liked to see chicharito at spurs. runs his socks off, great poacher, and hold up play is good too. proven to score goals in the epl and seems like a top pro.

Lol Man City about to spend almost £50m a piece on 2 fullbacks, meanwhile people were losing their **** about a potential fee of £70m (~€78m) for Morata.

Yeah prices have inflated but it's really our own boards fault getting in this situation where we gotta spend this much on fullbacks (even though it is an important position)

A couple years back it could be seen that we would need to retool there sooner than later but they waited and now we gotta pay top dollar. But on the bright side of things if Mendy goes through he's 23 we could get a lot of years out of him and Walker is 27 and could get 5 really good years out of him so i'd rather them pay top dollar now and solve the problem for the foreseeable future than continue to sit on their hands.

How was his run in Bundesliga?

Scored goals.

I always have a soft spot for poachers. but a decade into his professional career, if anything Chica is as consistent as they come.

Intelligent movement, goals inside the area, money in the bank.

His mobility does more for the team than numbers indicate too. Dudes stretches and distorts defenses with his runs and positioning even if he's not a part of the play.

Yeah prices have inflated but it's really our own boards fault getting in this situation where we gotta spend this much on fullbacks (even though it is an important position)

A couple years back it could be seen that we would need to retool there sooner than later but they waited and now we gotta pay top dollar. But on the bright side of things if Mendy goes through he's 23 we could get a lot of years out of him and Walker is 27 and could get 5 really good years out of him so i'd rather them pay top dollar now and solve the problem for the foreseeable future than continue to sit on their hands.

I'm not criticizing myself, just funny that those who criticized the Morata price tag are quiet about this.

I feel you I just felt like venting/elaborating on the situation involving City lol its been driving me crazy the whole window how we got to this point

Supply and demand. I believe Walker is worth it but not Mendy. We NEED a LB so the price is a bit inflated. We are addressing our needs and thats defense so I'm all in. I rather have my club spend the money to assure our manager has all the tools to be succesful than to lowball and rely on developmental youth.

Our defense has been our weakest link for years so its only right we keep trying to get the right guys.

ezgif-1-87ee39245c.gif

Pumped to see Adarabioyo in the starting 11, been with us since he was a kid, major potential. True test with the lineup United are starting.

I hope so too. I felt like he should go out on loan this season but if we really do sell Kolarov which as of now looks more likely he should stay for sure. Also hope Roberts impresses enough to get a spot on the bench too this season Sterling can't play on the right all by himself the depth would be needed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom