This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah as far as team building goes, and progress, MBoro did great. They might just avoid relegation.

If Arsenal wasn't Arsenal, and signed a top tier striker, I would have chosen them as the best window in England. But they are who we thought they were (RIP Dennis [emoji]128532[/emoji]), and couldn't land one of their top 3 targets. #ArsenaLacazette2017

Came in here for deadline day news and it was 96% EPL related :lol:

Sissoko the transfer window champion. Son played to get out of the championship, even showed off that footspeed when the cam was on him and earned himself a move to London :lol:

Last edited:
Sissoko may not have been able to put France on his back in the Euro final but he damn sure put his career on his back.

Saw this on reddit, thought it'd be interesting to share. They are obviously very celebratory in this pic, I wonder what happened between the two behind the scenes.

In case no one knows who's in the picture, it's Pep and Mou.

^He parlayed that into a move to London and CL footy :lol:,not a bad come up

Few more moves

View media item 2150851
‏@SkyKaveh:
Napoli finally sign ex Chelsea target Nikola Maksimovic from Torino. Fee for Serbian defender €25m. They also managed to keep Koulibaly

Napoli with a pretty solid looking defense...:nerd:

Last edited:
I know I was bugging out about Madrid's window, but I actually don't mind that they were low key. Sometimes less is more and I'm expecting great chemistry. Brought in 2 Spaniards that can play the Madrid way and players have defined roles that they've accepted going into the season (i.e. James & Isco bringing midfield attacking firepower off the bench.)

I didn't like getting rid of Jese at first, but I also didn't realize Asensio was next up making him easily expendable. Good mix of youth and vets and all can contribute right now.

Last edited:
Arsenal Summer Signings:

Xhaka
Takuma
Holding
Kelechi
Lucas Pérez
Shkodran Mustafi #afc

Chelsea Summer Signings:

Kante
Batshuayi
Eduardo
Alonso
David Luiz #cfc

Manchester United's Summer Signings:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Eric Bailly
Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Paul Pogba #mufc

Manchester City Summer Signings:

Moreno
Gabriel Jesus
Leroy Sané
Nolito
Ilkay Gündoğan
Zinchenko
John Stones
Claudio Bravo #mcfc

Liverpool Summer Signings:

Sadio Mane
Loris Karius
Joel Matip
Ragnar Klavan
Alex Manninger
Georginio Wijnaldum #lfc

Leicester City Summer Signings:

Ron-Robert Zieler
Luis Hernández
Raúl Uche
Nampalys Mendy
Ahmed Musa
Bartosz Kapustk
Islam Slimani #lcfc

West Ham Summer Signings:

Arbeloa
Ayew
Calleri
Feghouli
Lanzini
Töre
Nordtveit
Fletcher
Martinez
Quina
Zaza
Masuaku
Fernandes #whufc

Tottenham Summer Signings:

Sissoko
Wanyama
Lopez
N'Koudou
Janssen #thfc

Who had the best window?

As far as new signings? I think Arsenal and United have had the best windows. Filling the gaps they had. City and West Ham overloaded on players.

In terms of who's going to benefit most from their signings? Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and West Ham. West ham bought a whole damn roster. They better see some improvement

Out of those teams? United. Quality>quantity. And their quality is :wow: :x City close 2nd.

Overall, Juve wins. Madness out in Italy.

In terms of transfer quality, United and Chelsea brought on the most quality imo. Arsenal and City have quality signings, but I have to see how most of these new City guys will turn out. I only know Gundam Wing and John Stones out of their new players. Mane also, but dude isn't polished talent yet.

PSG got one of the WORST out of the big names clubs.

Watch UEFA fix it again and they'll play Chelsea in champions league.

Don't see them getting past round of 16.

:smh: PSG goof'ed. Definitely won't get past Chelsea this year. I'd be surprised if they can get a lucky draw. Losing a defender and striker, both who were key players for the squad will make it rough on them. Reality is about to set in. Life about to come at me fast :smh:

Last edited:

Arsenal Summer Signings:

Xhaka
Takuma
Holding
Kelechi
Lucas Pérez
Shkodran Mustafi #afc

Chelsea Summer Signings:

Kante
Batshuayi
Eduardo
Alonso
David Luiz #cfc

Manchester United's Summer Signings:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Eric Bailly
Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Paul Pogba #mufc

Manchester City Summer Signings:

Moreno
Gabriel Jesus
Leroy Sané
Nolito
Ilkay Gündoğan
Zinchenko
John Stones
Claudio Bravo #mcfc

Liverpool Summer Signings:

Sadio Mane
Loris Karius
Joel Matip
Ragnar Klavan
Alex Manninger
Georginio Wijnaldum #lfc

Leicester City Summer Signings:

Ron-Robert Zieler
Luis Hernández
Raúl Uche
Nampalys Mendy
Ahmed Musa
Bartosz Kapustk
Islam Slimani #lcfc

West Ham Summer Signings:

Arbeloa
Ayew
Calleri
Feghouli
Lanzini
Töre
Nordtveit
Fletcher
Martinez
Quina
Zaza
Masuaku
Fernandes #whufc

Tottenham Summer Signings:

Sissoko
Wanyama
Lopez
N'Koudou
Janssen #thfc

Who had the best window?
As far as new signings? I think Arsenal and United have had the best windows. Filling the gaps they had. City and West Ham overloaded on players.

In terms of who's going to benefit most from their signings? Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and West Ham. West ham bought a whole damn roster. They better see some improvement

Out of those teams? United. Quality>quantity. And their quality is
eek.gif
sick.gif
City close 2nd.

Overall, Juve wins. Madness out in Italy.
In terms of transfer quality, the United and Chelsea brought on the pst quality imo. Arsenal and City have quality signings, but I have to see how most of these new City guys will turn out. I only know Gundam Wing and John Stones out of their new players. Mane also, but dude isn't polished talent yet.
Gundam Wing brilliant 
roll.gif

Luiz is replaceable, I'm just surprised they choose to ride out with Cavani

They're charging heads and necks for strikers this summer.

TBH I don't know why they didn't go after James or Isco... Or both... Its not like they can't afford it.

But Waka Laca Flame would have been good up front. Or going after Morata early in the window when Ibra left.

They didn't want to spend huge money this summer. But they'll be feeling it this winter when the CL is in shambles and Monaco is stiff arming us again

Last edited:
torino got rid of like their entire back line from last season, joe hart not coming back to manchester with confidence

Man where can i place a bet for Lacazette to PSG next summer? Cavani having a poor/underwhelming season and them going after Laca seems so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom