This Guy > Dre, Premo, Timbaland, Kanye, Just Blaze, Havoc, and anyone else...

It's a shame you chose to present your argument this way. Because you make some good points. But every "so and so is the greatest" or "> anyone else" thread pretty much falls into the idiotic file because music is subjective.

There are very few absolutes in music.

I could say Prince > anyone else for the exact same reasons you mentioned. But I don't.

Also nobody is upset it's just laughable with what you're trying to do. Your threads about a producer who messes with industrial rock mostly that's allegedly better than hip hop producers on a hip dominated forum
laugh.gif
I don't know if you mad that's how this forum is but it's clear you wanted your thread to get the attention cuz if you put his name in the thread and a song the same dudes who comment on Rock music would've posted and everybody else most likely would've backed out of the thread.
dudes love to act like we actually give a %%@$ about what they listen to.

I was in a Gucci thread the other day and some lame #$# metal head took the time out to post his lastfm. which displayed 0 plays for Gucci and a whole bunch of metal bands....

keep it movin bruh...instead of trying to turn people on to new music and new sounds you just sound like a condescending lame.

I'm saying he's a better all around producer and musician period and that if someone can admire what Dre, Premo, and Pharrell do they should be able to admire what Trent does.  Stop being so defensive and open your ears.

I could give a ###@ about his skills as a musician and producer if I can't relate to his message or identify with his culture.

Good to see NT is still as ignorant and close-minded as ever.  I liken how you guys think about music to only thinking one race of woman is attractive.  You guys are missing out on a lot of good vagina.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Originally Posted by hella handsome

dudes dont know who NIN are. you cant tell these guys nothing.
and truth be told, he would body all of them in the studio, but like i said, you cant tell these dudes nothing.

I'm glad someone has their head on their shoulders.

- Tical.
So because someone agrees with you they "have their head on their shoulders"...
eyes.gif
..Because your opinion is fact right? First of all, this is music we're talking about and its ALL subjective. What you might think is better than everybody else might be trash to another person. Besides this post is ******ed regardless of how much talent Trent has. You can't compare him to rap producers just because they use the same instruments. Basketball players and football players both play their sport with balls (nh), does that mean you can compare Manning with Lebron? No...They're two entirely different genres of music and to even compare producers is stupid..

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

My dude Tical!

What's good fam?

Not much man, just thought I'd see if NT was still up and running.  Anything epic happened in the past year and a half?

- Tical.

Good to see NT is still as ignorant and close-minded as ever.  I liken how you guys think about music to only thinking one race of woman is attractive.  You guys are missing out on a lot of good vagina.

- Tical.
kick rocks....go talk about 9 inch nails with people who care...just because people aren't receptive to what you liken as good music doesn't mean they are ignorant and closed-minded, you condescending bastard
laugh.gif

Besides engineering and producing every album he's ever put out, he also plays EVERY instrument himself, writes all of the lyrics, and sings them.  On top of that he's been doing it all for 25 years.  He's the greatest producer, musician, and composer of our time, and yet both sadly and amazingly all of you except one didn't know who he is.  To put it in perspective, Timbaland himself said Reznor is his favorite producer.

As for his best work, you'd have to sit at your computer all night and still would only get through half of it.  I would tell you what specific songs to YouTube/download/etc. if I thought that any of you would approach it with an open mind.  I rarely ever come on this site anymore, but I just thought I'd drop in and let all of you know that the guys you idolize and strive to be are babies slamming their hands onto a drum machine and/or piano compared to Trent Reznor.

- Tical.

how can you compare artists and just rank them like that? objectively, Bach is infinitely more skilled than any of the people mentioned in the thread...including mozart 
laugh.gif

and listened to some of this guy's stuff on youtube.. its soo repetitive and monotonous 
eyes.gif
. At least, the tracks you suggested

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

- Tical.
kick rocks....go talk about 9 inch nails with people who care...just because people aren't receptive to what you liken as good music doesn't mean they are ignorant and closed-minded, you condescending bastard
laugh.gif

Wow someone still has their feelings hurt because of all the times I said Lupe sucks.  You're still here Smooth?  How about you try getting a life because the one you're living now obviously sucks beyond belief.  Better yet, end it, and save us all the trouble of knowing you're alive.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

- Tical.
laugh.gif

Wow someone still has their feelings hurt because of all the times I said Lupe sucks.  You're still here Smooth?  How about you try getting a life because the one you're living now obviously sucks beyond belief.  Better yet, end it, and save us all the trouble of knowing you're alive.

- Tical.
yeahhhhhhh....no

- Tical.
It hasn't changed, man. The majority of people in this thread are so close-minded that it's not even funny.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Condescending elitist attitudes for the loss.
theres a difference between being elitist, and knowing that theres more music in the world than hip hop.
some people dont know anything outside of hip hop, and those who do know that there are people who have much more musical ability.
and i've loved hip hop since i was a child, but i have also listened to other kinds of music.

some people are ignorant to other genres.

theres a difference between being elitist, and knowing that theres more music in the world than hip hop.
some people dont know anything outside of hip hop, and those who do know that there are people who have much more musical ability.
and i've loved hip hop since i was a child, but i have also listened to other kinds of music.

I listen to other genres all the time. got a good library of Rock, Jazz, R&B, Pop, Alternative, Classical, etc. but thing is I love hip hop. I honestly don't even put any effort in to arguing the other genres. I see no point in it. I like what I like and I dislike what I dislike.

There may be a difference between the two, but they certainly aren't mutually exclusive. They can easily co-exist, which seems to be the case here. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I listen to other genres all the time. got a good library of Rock, Jazz, R&B, Pop, Alternative, Classical, etc. but thing is I love hip hop. I honestly don't even put any effort in to arguing the other genres. I see no point in it. I like what I like and I dislike what I dislike.
i feel the same way, but sometimes showing people theres more to the world than whats in their minds is impossible.
all of the producers in the title are favorites of mine. Premo, Ye' and Just Blaze are my favorite hip hop producers, and i love hip hop more than any other genre as well.

its just like, if you say anything is better than hip hop on this board you get shunned. i mean damn, %%@ happened to personal opinion? this is hte MUSIC section of NT. not the hip hop section.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by kanyeiwest

Uh who is he?

the fact that we don't know pretty much proves OP is a mutha ##*%+% lie

No, it just shows that most of NT doesn't listen to anything outside of hip-hop
laugh.gif

You can't really compare him with those guys though.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

i feel the same way, but sometimes showing people theres more to the world than whats in their minds is impossible.
all of the producers in the title are favorites of mine. Premo, Ye' and Just Blaze are my favorite hip hop producers, and i love hip hop more than any other genre as well.

its just like, if you say anything is better than hip hop on this board you get shunned. i mean damn, %%@ happened to personal opinion? this is hte MUSIC section of NT. not the hip hop section.
Look this is my point and it's why I think OP and a lot of people in this thread come off as condescending and are just plain egocentric.

You guys assume that everyone who post here is completely ignorant to other genres of music aside from hip hop. And there's some truth to that.  But there's so much music out there that that's a given, we can't all be up on everything..  %%@! I know for a fact there's countless music that you're completely ignorant to that I could school you on.

I wont speak for the random heads but the core posters in this forum, their interest in music stems far beyond hip hop, and there's a lot of people here with varying musical interest. But because this music isn't necessarily what you prefer, and because people aren't as receptive to the music you hold in high regard as you would like, you think that we're ignorant. 

It's generally the same people and the same arguments when we have this discussion and I honestly think it's a cultural thing.  If the majority demographic here doesn't appreciate your favorite genre then maybe you should find somewhere else to post.  But to think that we should all conform our taste to yours is comedic. 

Shut the hell up OP, just because some of us don't like what you like and think is THE BEST doesn't +*+#!!!!!
Oh and dudes voice SUCKS!!!

i'm listening through this inevitable rise and liberation... it's garbage. you come in here to post that some rock guy is > all our favorite hip hop producers, nice work troll

Back
Top Bottom