This Is America, so Call Me Maybe

Is this video disrespectful or are people just sensitive?

• Disrespectful

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • People are just sensitive

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad

The internet is split on this video. Some say its just a joke/stop taking everything so seriously.

Other says its making fun of serious issues or trying to make serious issues look more "light"... thoughts?

From the original creator of the video:

I just want to make this clear, my intentions weren't to be disrespectful to the message of the song. There's some very messed up things going on in America right now, racism wise. There's no denying it. This is just a ****post that spiraled out of control. I made it in 30 minutes and posted it to have a laugh with my friends. It's not meant to offend, but for laughter. The original video for TIA caused a great conversation, and still is. But most of the energy surrounding it is negative. I wasn't purposefully trying to be ignorant to the climate we're in, but i think the fact that so many people of all races are enjoying this is something to look at. It's just a meme made to laugh at, nothing else.

Comments in this instagram post to show opinions

Last edited:
the one I posted in quotes? the guy who made the video/mashup

Never mind. For some reason I thought you meant the original creator of the actual video. In other words Donald Glover. I was thinking when the F he say that.
My bad.....it's Monday

laurence-fishburne.gif

Pussified as country...

The same country that glorifies Internet “fight videos”, twerk videos, heavy drug and alcohol use, memes, and defunding of education...

Yeah, that country is upset by this :rofl:

This country is soooooo phony

Not that serious. But if you give the internet the opportunity to be offended, it will be offended.

white people should just try to be original instead of taking everything from everyone else

Its just am unfunny joke (except for the beat drop lining up perfectly with the headshot). I didn't think twice about it when I saw it a few days ago. Had no reaction.

However, that trash *** white girl doing her female version of this was a crime against nature. I believe it actually brought down the quality of my life. I regret seeing it and wish I could unwatch it. That's time ill never get back and such a poor experience.

Back
Top Bottom