This is my 7th snow day in a row. Anybody else effect by the snow/ice

I live in KY and we had a bad ice storm on Jan. 22nd and ever since then i havent had any school. Over 100,000 people in KY lost power for about a week andover 12,000 people still dont have it, and some people got their water cut off. Has anybody else been effected like this?

Snow > bitterly cold. I can handle the snow. It doesn't chill me. -10+ degree temps are just
indifferent.gif

It was at least -20+ one day this year so far...
smh.gif

^ I don't really see the comical side of families not having power or water pipes busting.

I actually never lost power or anything. But, I woke up this morning to more snow. I can't wait until spring.

hopefully we go back to school tomorrow but they way it looks out side now...i dont think its gonna happen. idk if iwould rather make it up during spring breakor graduate late. spring couldnt get here any slower

Yea i saw on the news that KY was getting pounded by snow and ice..

I wish it happend here in the DMV area.. we only got 1 day out of school..

You guys do realize if you're in high school, you lose President's day among others because of the snow days right? They always have days built in toaccount for bad weather in most states.

We got a good amount of snow today in Philly.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hopefully I won't have school tomorrow. We had off one day last week for like 2 inches (it waspretty icy though) so we should definitely have off tomorrow (hopefully
ohwell.gif
)

happened to us in HS...we missed about two weeks total and the school day was extended 30 minutes for the rest of the year to make up for it...since the stormis so bad you guys might go into the summer or something to make up those days...

my school rarely gets snowdays even when it rains 2-4 inches in December. 75% of the area loses power including the school and I still have to dive 20 minuteswith ice all on the road.

We never get snowdays in Minneapolis. -40 degress with windchill? No problem. Around 16 inches of snow? No problem! Low Visibility? No problemo!

However, in the suburbs, they get snowdays for 5 inches.
roll.gif

That's unfortunate, though. I hope everyone get's situated better over the course of the week.

Originally Posted by soltheman

We never get snowdays in Minneapolis. -40 degress with windchill? No problem. Around 16 inches of snow? No problem! Low Visibility? No problemo!

However, in the suburbs, they get snowdays for 5 inches.
roll.gif

That's unfortunate, though. I hope everyone get's situated better over the course of the week.
you tell em man. but dang man, i'm from the burbs, and we never got snow days either
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I don't think I've ever seen a winter with this many snow days. Its really annoying. Yesterday it was a beautiful 45 degree day. Nicest day I'veseen all month. Today? Been snowing all day
smh.gif
. Weirdest winter by far. In the same week we'll have 40-50 degree weather and a below 10 degree day as well.Sick of this %%+%. Can't wait till the summer.

I feel for KY right now. The NW got hit hard, like 2 straight weeks of ice and snow, starting 1 week before Christmas. *+#+ was lame, the Portland area didntdo ANYTHING to prepare, so people were stuck in their homes for that 2 weeks unless they wanted to walk somewhere.

Originally Posted by eight2one

lol you guys still havent recovered??
Not funny at all my man.

I live in SW Indiana, just across the river from KY. We lost power for two days last week and it got down to 52 degrees in my house. The power came on just intime. The gentleman across the street's daughter, her boyfriend, and their two kids had to come stay with them for a week because their power was out. Theshelters in our town are maxed out and there have been several deaths related to the cold and power outages.

KY got it even worse. I heard on the news tonight that a significant portion of western KY was declared a disaster area several days ago and the gov't isdoing everything it can to try and assist those who are still without power/house/food. Any and all of you who can should make a donation to the Red Cross asthey are heavily involved in trying to keep people going with a warm place to stay and a hot meal.

Back
Top Bottom