This is my 7th snow day in a row. Anybody else effect by the snow/ice

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

It was like 80 degrees in cali today and I was complaining

It felt hotter than that
smh.gif

11 months of summer, dios mio
glasses.gif

Not having a winter, and one of your favorite hobby's being snowboarding, FTL. I bought a season pass and I have only been boarding 3 times.
mad.gif

The snow getting annoying out here in NY. It snows a couple inches it clears up and then it snows again.
ohwell.gif

Damn, I wish we had snow now. We had lots of snow during winter break but that was dumb.

Cincy is pretty bad right now... It sucks driving in this bad weather with all of these hills here.. Its a 99% chance we have school tomorrow our schoolpresident is heartless lol

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Originally Posted by eight2one

lol you guys still havent recovered??
Not funny at all my man.

I live in SW Indiana, just across the river from KY. We lost power for two days last week and it got down to 52 degrees in my house. The power came on just in time. The gentleman across the street's daughter, her boyfriend, and their two kids had to come stay with them for a week because their power was out. The shelters in our town are maxed out and there have been several deaths related to the cold and power outages.

KY got it even worse. I heard on the news tonight that a significant portion of western KY was declared a disaster area several days ago and the gov't is doing everything it can to try and assist those who are still without power/house/food. Any and all of you who can should make a donation to the Red Cross as they are heavily involved in trying to keep people going with a warm place to stay and a hot meal.

were lucky to get above freezing....bad snow storm hits, and we prolly lose a day at most......then repeat the cycle 3days later....
laugh.gif
ill be rockin hoop shorts and a tshirt at 52 degrees.

I thought you were talking about emotionally and/or psychologically. I was about to start talking about this new phenomenon scientists have dubbed solstagia.
embarassed.gif

But no, it's straight out here. They closed down campus early one evening and many other public places locally because cities in the South aren'tequipped to handle even the slightest bit of ice.

Not funny at all my man.

I live in SW Indiana, just across the river from KY. We lost power for two days last week and it got down to 52 degrees in my house. The power came on just in time. The gentleman across the street's daughter, her boyfriend, and their two kids had to come stay with them for a week because their power was out. The shelters in our town are maxed out and there have been several deaths related to the cold and power outages.

KY got it even worse. I heard on the news tonight that a significant portion of western KY was declared a disaster area several days ago and the gov't is doing everything it can to try and assist those who are still without power/house/food. Any and all of you who can should make a donation to the Red Cross as they are heavily involved in trying to keep people going with a warm place to stay and a hot meal.

were lucky to get above freezing....bad snow storm hits, and we prolly lose a day at most......then repeat the cycle 3days later....
laugh.gif
word
laugh.gif
these dudes need to come up to MI for a week theyllbe beggin to go back to the ice storms

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Not funny at all my man.

laugh.gif
word
laugh.gif
these dudes need to come up to MI for a week theyll be beggin to go back to the ice storms
I don't think your understanding. It's not really about the ice itself, it's what the ice is doing... knocking branches on power lines(cutting off peoples power) and busting water mains (cutting off peoples water). Up North I'm sure their used to that and have the resources ready to fixthe problems quickly. Here, we usually get heavy snow maybe 2 times a winter at the most, and It usually is only on the ground for a day or two. Other thanthat it's just light dustings of snow in the winter.

i never knew you had to make up the snow days...thats a trip

no ones ever happy. i wish i had snow...

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Not funny at all my man.

laugh.gif
word
laugh.gif
these dudes need to come up to MI for a week theyll be beggin to go back to the ice storms
I don't think your understanding. It's not really about the ice itself, it's what the ice is doing... knocking branches on power lines (cutting off peoples power) and busting water mains (cutting off peoples water). Up North I'm sure their used to that and have the resources ready to fix the problems quickly. Here, we usually get heavy snow maybe 2 times a winter at the most, and It usually is only on the ground for a day or two. Other than that it's just light dustings of snow in the winter.

I still have no sympathy! Ice storms?? big whoop....bundle up...Try driving on black ice and sliding across roads....You ever thought how bad -13 is??? or howbig of inconvience it is to walk in snow or drive in it...you can kiss 3-4 pairs of Js goodbye by the end of winter...

Back
Top Bottom