This may be a south thing but does any here eat...

I've.......never even heard of livermush, let alone tasted it. I'm from Pittsburgh tho, so I don't know...all I eat is hoagies, pizza,chicken, steak, rice, fruits and veggies, spaghetti, ravioli, beefaroni, lasagna, sandwiches, cereal, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

What food group is it?

Livermush is %%%!!** DIS-GUS-TING!!!

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

My homeboy used to always eat that #%$+...

smh.gif
smh.gif

what is livermush?

Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver,head parts, and cornmeal. It is commonly spiced with pepper and sage.

Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sounds like poison.

pig liver?
that's got to be the dirtiest part of the pig

Originally Posted by dreClark

Livermush is %%%!!** DIS-GUS-TING!!!

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

My homeboy used to always eat that #%$+...

smh.gif
smh.gif

what is livermush?

Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. It is commonly spiced with pepper and sage.

EWW!
smh.gif

Livermush
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. It is commonly spiced withpepper and sage. Considered a more tolerable version of scrapple, livermush was most likely brought south through the Appalachian mountains by German settlersfrom Philadelphia. Livermush is colloquially known as poor man's or poor boy's pâté.

It is commonly prepared by cutting a slice off of a prepared loaf and frying it with grease in a skillet until golden brown, much like you would Spam. Atbreakfast it would be served alongside grits and eggs. For lunch it can be made into a sandwich with mayonnaise or mustard, either fried as above, or leftcold.

sick.gif
Never heard of it. But Liver pudding sounds unappealing. I'll stayaway. I thought scrapple wuz bad enough. WAIT A MINUTE!!! After reading that whole thing. Does it come in like slices or something? B/C I know scrapple is madewith cornmeal too and pork remains. (sorry, read the rest of what it wuz afterwards) I know it's fried but stays soft in the middle. Livermush?

sick.gif
that's like folk around here be eatin that scrapple $#!+...scrapple is exactly what it sound like...basically what's left after they make hot dogs.I won't touch the $#!+...I'm originally from down south, and I don't eat none of them damn off-brand pig parts...

eh.
I'm betting most of ya'll eat Hotdogs, Sausages, Spam, Processed deli meats etc.
this doen'st seem like it's that much different..

I'd try it if I could.

looks tasty

sick.gif
that's like folk around here be eatin that scrapple $#!+...scrapple is exactly what it sound like...basically what's left after they make hot dogs.I won't touch the $#!+...I'm originally from down south, and I don't eat none of them damn off-brand pig parts...

It basically is scrapple....

what is scrapple?
Scrapple is a savory mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour. The mush is formed into a loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then fried before serving. Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (oftenthe entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush.The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others are added. The mush is cast into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled. The proportions and seasoning arevery much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.

Back
Top Bottom