this mixtape i can confidently say was da ZENITH of da diplomats movement...

326_Dipset%20-%20The%20Title%20Stays%20In%20Harlem%20Cover.jpg

they may have classics after, and different factions went and did their numbers..but this right here?

voltron-transformation-2-o.gif

97615_o.gif

voltron.gif

from da intro to da outro...all those characters..killa being gaudy and ostentatious, Jim Jones being da hot headed jerk, juelz da cool smooth cat,

hell rell da funny grimey *** hole lyrical dirt bag, JR writer da writer of writers....40!, Max B wit da wave, pssh....masterpiece mixtape...

they dropped this not too long after cam got shot in DC..
mean.gif
pimp.gif

Bruh

Line of fire
Do ya thang
Best of both hoods
G's up remix :pimp:
Murder Murder
It's nothing :pimp:

Im about to burn one and play this out one time for the one time :pimp:

I've heard a bunch of these songs scattered everywhere, but never the entire thing all at once. Niice :pimp:

View media item 612821
my first dipset mixtape

copped it and all the back cover had camron with the yoppa (source awards show)

and a list of madd upcoming projects that never dropped :rofl:

was fireee tho

might have to recop all the vols for collector purpose

First Dipset mixtape I had was that Jim Jones Ryder Muzik one. Some dude originally from NY that I road the bus with back in 03 hipped me to it from jarmz .com. I remember ordering 3 instrumental CDs from there, and the **** came in the mail nearly a year later :lol:

The Dips don't get the credit for what they did to the mixtape scene. They helped pave the way to 50 doing it.

yes yes yes.  Dipset will never die to me
I respect the movement they had,
but I can't agree, it was childish, but I was a child at the time.
I was 20 in 2006 and never found anything childish about it. 

if you look at the state of hip hop at the time, aside from TI and Wayne, the top 100 was filled with D4L, Dem Franchise Boyz, Young Joc, Bubba Sparx, Chingy and Bow Wow.  The Dips may not define "mature" hip hop per se, but what they brought to the game far outclassed any of those artists.  And they got a classic under their belts too

The Dips don't get the credit for what they did to the mixtape scene. They helped pave the way to 50 doing it.

Dips might of started it, but i think people give 50 more credit because of how well he managed to write the songs better than the originals he was rapping on. those remixes he & G-Unit made sounds like the OG versions :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom