Those that have stopped drinking soft drinks/fructose, how do you stop?

Just try to replace ur soda with water or crystal light that's what I did! After awhile u just don't crave it as much!!! When ur starting to leave itand u get those cravings munch on ice it worked for me!

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

First you have to realize it's not only soda a lot of stuff has sugar..Your Milk your Juices etc...
So it's deeper than soda..Instead of drinking Orange Juice eat an orange..They normally pasteurize the orange juice taking out all of the good stuff

Try to stay away from juices as much as you can
Make your own juices if you want juice. Juicers aren't too expensive.

Try this alternative...

Sparkling Water Beverages.

Target & Wal-Mart sell them for like $.67 or .89 each.
They're a liter.
Are carbonated just as much (or even) as soda.
Tons of flavors.
Very little to no corn syrup.
No sodium.
0007874237242_500X500.jpg

If you don't like the above and need something sweeter. Try Izze. It's basically carbonated juice.
izze.jpg

I BEEN DRINKIN WATER FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW

TRUST

YOU DONT EVEN WANT SODA AFTER A WHILE

ITS LIKE DRINKING BATTERY ACID

THINK OF IT LIKE THIS

WHEN THE EARTH WAS HERE ..IT WAS ONLY WATER

EVERYTHING ELSE IS MAN MADE WHICH WE KNOW AS BAD PERIOD

There aren't any special pills to stop drinking soda. Just look around at people who have pizza faces, beer bellies, and thighs that touch, that'smotivation enough for me. I stopped drinking soda almost a year ago, I stick with tea, juices, smoothies, and water. Try to wean yourself from soda bybalancing 1 glass/can of soda with one 1 bottle/glass of water and it should be easier to get you away from soda.

I didn't stop drinking soda, I stopped buying it. As a result, I drink far less soda. I'll have some on occasion if it's offered to me or comeswith my meal but that's about it.

I just stopped buying it and drinking tea or juice while eating out if I wasn't in the mood for water.

laugh.gif
at Purple Face's sig, old school..

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Here's what I did, I don't drink soda unless it's free. Don't spend money on it and carry water around with you constantly.

this...

+ soda fills you up too much.. so if you really wanna eat (like a buffet) just get water or juice..

START BY DRINKING WATER WITH MEALS INSTEAD OF WHATEVER ELSE. IT WILL MAKE YOUR BODY CRAVE WATER, NOT SODA, WHEN YOU GET THIRSTY. WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

Water with lemon. Helps alot. I know with me, I don't like to drink just plain water with a meal. I'll drink a bottle of water when I'm justdrinking a bottle of water, but with food, I crave like a diet coke or something so water with lemon has enough flavor to kind of get over that.

I stopped cold turkey. I remember I used to buy those big bottles from the market. Once they ran out, I just stopped.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

not hard at all...just stop...drink water...

Pretty much sums it up... I used to rotate between Juicy Juice (100% real fruit juice or so they say). Now its nothing for to drink water all day. I was doingabout a 2 liter soda/ fruit punch every 2 days if I was working and a full 2 liter if I was off that day.
smh.gif
such a destructive lifestyle

not too hard, just start drinkin a lot of water, or if you need some flavor get some 100% real fruit juices or you could even get a juicer. V8 makes thisjuice, called V8 fusion i think, and its 100% real juice and it has a full serving of fruits and vegetables in every glass
happy.gif

i was never a huge fan of soft drinks so i just stopped but also just drink lots of water

protien shakes, water, tea, diet soda (occasionally) fruit smoothies other low calorie drinks > soda and all that other crap.

i feel like crap after every soda i do drink, except tacobell with baja blast, then i feel great.

If you drink a lot of soda/sugar drinks then the first few days will be tough.
You will most likely have headaches/ feel like +%%% for a few days if you quit cold turkey. Yes, withdrawal. A bit crazy.

After the the first few days though, you won't crave soda or much sweets really.

I go through this once a year when I go from no soda/sweets to a moderate amount and then back to none again.
laugh.gif

i stopped drinking sodas in the 5th grade. i only drink it if its free. just dont buy any soda when your going grocery shopping and always ask for a cup ofwater whenever you go out to eat. if you dont have it in your house, then i really dont think you would drive to the store whenever your thirsty. instead ofbuying soda at the grocery store stock up on water, orange juice, apple juice, and cranberry juice.

Real talk, I didn't even try to quit drinking soda... it just happened.

I've been drinking water constantly for the last few weeks.

Then one day I realized I haven't messed with a soda in a minute, by then I had no desire to drink any.

So my advice is just keep water with you, I make a banana/strawberry smoothie once a day and that holds me over.

Back
Top Bottom