Do you support illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I’m in the middle

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Too often the conversation around illegal immigration steers toward xenophobia as well as moral standoffs that get nowhere.

Part of me understands the difficulty of the immigration process, another part of me knows it isn’t probable to let everyone who wants to come in the country

Positives of illegal immigration:

1. Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to increase the supply of low-skilled, low-wage labor available in the U.S. labor market.

2.Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to depress both wages and employment rates for low-skilled American citizens, a disproportionate number of whom are black men

How do y’all feel about illegal immigration and what positive and negative impact do you feel it brings to society

Last edited:
ZomboMeme 18012020185356.jpg

Let's keep it clean and racists fellas!! Show em why we don't deserve a collab. Oh also don’t forget to sprinkle on some discrimination while your at it.

Last edited:
I want to know how many people that support illegal immigration own property. How many would invite strangers into their homes to get "back on their feet".

I know I'm supposed to "fall in line", but I'd rather leave it up to others raising children to decide if they want illegal neighbors.

Edit: not worried about jobs and most talking points. If you worried about losing unskilled labor jobs you got bigger issues, lol.

This thread is gonna filled with dudes trying to rationalize their bigotry.

I mean OP says he wants a constructive discussion debate on this and he kinda strawmans one side of the discussion. Very few people argue in favor of open borders, and people working in the country undocumented.

Last edited:
I want to know how many people that support illegal immigration own property. How many would invite strangers into their homes to get "back on their feet".

I know I'm supposed to "fall in line", but I'd rather leave it up to others raising children to decide if they want illegal neighbors.

Edit: not worried about jobs and most talking points. If you worried about losing unskilled labor jobs you got bigger issues, lol.
I get the meaning but that analogy isn’t a good one

I’m OK with strong immigration policies on paper, but of course in reality they are rarely, if ever, implemented fairly. I don’t see mass campaigns against all the illegal Eastern Europeans living all over the Us...It’s pretty obvious that people Are OK with minority illegal immigrants as long as they can be exploited for cheap labor under threat of deportation

also, for a country that freely let in immigrants from all over Europe for centuries, it’s pretty hypocritical to make things this difficult for minority immigrants. You’ll see dudes posting “my grandfather came to this country from Europe without a penny to his name and with zero English skills” talking about only letting PHDs in from other parts of the world and demanding that everyone be fluent in English. I mean come on, your ancestors paid a few $ to board a ship and were given residency damn near immediately upon arrival...

Last edited:
I get the meaning but that analogy isn’t a good one

The reason why people tend to grow out of liberalism is that those arguments don't affect you when you don't own property or aren't trying to raise a family. Then you get older and fall in line with capitalism and realize you have a hard enough time supporting yourself and your loved ones.

With that said, I changed my vote to 'undecided'. These laws don't affect me much. I think it would be arrogant to vote on it.

I’m OK with strong immigration policies on paper, but of course in reality they are rarely, if ever, implemented fairly. I don’t see mass campaigns against all the illegal Eastern Europeans living all over the Us...It’s pretty obvious that people Are OK with minority illegal immigrants as long as they can be exploited for cheap labor under threat of deportation

also, for a country that freely let in immigrants from all over Europe for centuries, it’s pretty hypocritical to make things this difficult for minority immigrants. You’ll see dudes posting “my grandfather came to this country from Europe without a penny to his name and with zero English skills” talking about only letting PHDs in from other parts of the world.
What’s the percentage of illegal European immigrants entering the country if you know? Per past research, I know the percentage of illegal immigrants are 50% Mexican.

This country needs immigrants to continue to grow. Really doesn't bother me much at all.

They just built a 4 level six figure condo couple blocks from my pad. Every AM I drop my kids and watched Central American/Mexican built it from the ground up.

Saying **** immigration is similar to saying **** capitalism.

They just built a 4 level six figure condo couple blocks from my pad. Every AM I drop my kids and watched Central American/Mexican built it from the ground up.

Saying **** immigration is similar to saying **** capitalism.
It’s not similar at all. My reasonings behind saying f immigration would be totally different for saying f capitalism

Back
Top Bottom