Thoughts on the confederate flag

I've seen more culture lines cross outside of NY than in NY. Diverse but segregated.

Yes sir, New York is VERY segregated. I worked for a black doctor in rural Georgia, all his patients were "hick" white and loved him. The thing about the South is, when people are racist they are OD openly racist. :lol:

REAL RACISM IS QUIET, IT'S SUBTLE. Ninjahood doesn't have the IQ to understand racial undertones and institutionalized racism tho...he's a product of it.

I agree with this, and this is extremely prevalent on Long Island, where you have small pockets of suburban neighborhoods that are predominately composed of minorities, surrounded by much wealthier/ "white" neighborhoods.

However this is definitely changing. Within the past 10-15 years minority business owners & proffesionals have been moving into these white neighborhoods. Also, high property values & taxes on long island has made white flight much more difficult now, than it was in the 80's & 90's.

Interesting red if anyone's interested.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/05/nyregion/study-calls-li-most-segregated-suburb.html

Yeah man that flag means one thing and one thing only.
Let's not disguise it with southern pride or any other nonsense.

Any person that uses the flag as a symbol of anything is totally fine with the continued oppression of black people.
And if anyone wants to plead ignorance to the meaning of that flag in 2016...that's their bad.

What do you tell black folks who also use it was a way to show southern pride?

Just cause you can find a few black people that rep this flag, it doesn't mean theres been a universal shift in what this flag represents.
This is not like the N word where the culture flipped the definition of the word and made it their own.

Its da same exact thing logically..cuz if those "few black people" becomes a big population bloc...what you gonna tell them...stop? :lol:

Difference is that now it's several hundred years later and the flag means what it means.
As high as racial tensions are in this country, how much steam do you really think it would pick up to try to change what it symbolizes?

Would you rock the gay flag if 20 years from now it transformed to mean acceptance of all people from all backgrounds and a rapper like young thug made it cool?
You said that symbols can mean whatever they want to whoever is interpreting it.
So...would you rock the gay flag?

Last edited:
The majority of people.....by a ridiculously wide margin....who rock wit that flag , are racist.

If there is a racist group in the south.....best believe they fly that thing.

I have never in my life seen a black person display or wear one irl where i stay.

There was one kid from my state who got cnn coverage cuz he hung it up in his dorm. ..coincidentally when they were taking the flag down from the statehouse.

You will NEVER see that outside a black persons home in SC.

TheyvJUST took that thing down here last summer... youre brave and making a bold statement if you brandish that thing now.

Last edited:
Difference is that now it's several hundred years later and the flag means what it means.
As high as racial tensions are in this country, how much steam do you really think it would pick up to try to change what it symbolizes?

Would you rock the gay flag if 20 years from now it transformed to mean acceptance of all people from all backgrounds and a rapper like young thug made it cool?
You said that symbols can mean whatever they want to whoever is interpreting it.

alex-english.jpg

Symbols means what you want it to mean, not what others impose on you.

Not even mentioning race/ slavery, The confederate flag is the official flag of treason in America. These guys did a full secession. I hope that anyone of power in the Confederate States of America was executed for treason.

Not even mentioning race/ slavery, The confederate flag is the official flag of treason in America. These guys did a full secession. I hope that anyone of power in the Confederate States of America was executed for treason.

:lol: this is what I was telling all the rednecks on the jobsite. I said, "if you support the confederate flag, you don't love your country!" That angered them :lol:

Then I asked if it would be ok for California to have a Mexican flag in our state capital since it used to be Mexico and it's also part of history. Their views changed when I said that and said it was wrong to have a Mexican flag.

alex-english.jpg

God forbid I stop you from making yourself look like an idiot for the 2347856230659032465th time

But you do know that the Rainbow Flag was attached to the LBGT movement BEFORE Denver wore the Rainbow City jersey.

You're literally complaining of people disabusing you of your ignorance.

Last edited:

I grew up in long island, across the tracks literally a block away from me was a black neighborhood that was not allowed to attend my very white high school.
Rep for being from from LI. Are you referring to Wyndanch/ Dix Hills or Hempstead/ Garden city? I'm from LI as well. I'm trying to think of neighborhoods on LI that have an insane night/ day border that are kinda separated by train tracks.

Last edited:
Rep for me from LI. Are you referring to Wyndanch/ Dix Hills or Hempstead/ Garden city? I'm from LI as well. I'm trying to think of neighborhoods on LI that have an insane night/ day border that are kinda separated by train tracks.

5 towns stand up :nthat: I grew up with nothing but jews, there were maybe 10 black people in my class, down the street was a black and latino neighborhood

LOL oh, you fancy. I'm in western suffolk.

Last edited:

The irony is a lot of those confederate flag waving dudes are on that "if you don't like this country then get out" wave.

I lived in Suffolk for a short period of time. LI is segregated as hell, but I'm not surprised, that is by design.

PS, any person that runs their mouth about ghettos strictly being a minority/black thing needs to take a drive through the Mastic Beach/Shirley area :x

I have never seen beach front property look so unappealing

Just read Ninjahood isn't affected by the confederate flag because he's latino :lol:

A lot of those southern folk flying that flag don't see you as any different than any other African American.

Just read Ninjahood isn't affected by the confederate flag because he's latino :lol:

A lot of those southern folk flying that flag don't see you as any different than any other African American.

Once the read da 2020 census form, dat all gonna change b

Last edited:

alex-english.jpg

But you do know that the Rainbow Flag was attached to the LBGT movement BEFORE Denver wore the Rainbow City jersey.

And that negates what i said how? [emoji]129300[/emoji] Gay groups co-oped da rainbow in 78' and it still wasn't widely used till da 90's..long after da Nuggets made their rainbow jerseys iconic...

Last edited:

alex-english.jpg

And that negates what i said how? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Because no one is imposing a meaning of Rainbow Flag on you, it was attached to the movement before you started to delude yourself that it only was attached to the Denver Nuggets

And symbols don't just mean what you want them to mean, you have to consider that it means to others too.

Go rock a swastika t-shirt in Times Square and try to tell look you a Hindu just wishing folk good luck, and see what happens.

You stay wanting your ignorance to be your security blanket

Symbols have multiple meanings, I get it.

But you don't think that the Confederate battle flag is a symbol of hate?

Who co-opted the confederate flag from racists and segregationists and slave owners?

If the symbol is open to interpretation, shouldn't it be less difficult to understand that it's offensive to some people?

If people flew the flag of the oppression of your people in your face and told you to suck it up because they're proud of that period in history, would you not feel some type of way about that?

Do you feel the same way about Nazi symbolism?

Back
Top Bottom