Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

Incognito is insane :lol:.. But Martin is also ***** for letting that slide and how he went about things..

But I like what Mike Wallace said about the situation... Thats how I figure things happen in locker rooms

Incognito is insane :lol:.. But Martin is also ***** for letting that slide and how he went about things..

But I like what Mike Wallace said about the situation... Thats how I figure things happen in locker rooms
How do you think he should have handled it?

I peeped the statements Wallace and Wake made, just confirms that dudes would have sided with Richie if anything happened. Martin didn't fit on this team.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people, including me, are scared to come in here and even touch this subject. So I won't :lol:

Instead of being passive-aggressive, say what you gotta say.

*Were his teammates aware of the racist VM he left of Martin, or where they specifically commenting on what was happening in the facility?

Last edited:
unless he want they $$$ cause im sure he entitled to a check for harrasment or something

but this is the nfl one big *** dude against another why didnt he just fade him

Wake and Wallace couldn't have heard the VM he left on that guys cell phone. No way you can back a dude after that. However, Martin should've been fought buddy. You can't let a dude do all that to you and just walk right by him everyday like nothing is wrong. :smh: Even if you lose the fight you gotta try and gain some respect in that locker room which apparently no one has for Martin. Kind of feel sorry for the guy though.

laugh.gif

Javaris a real savage. 

:lol: Seriously? You guys kill me with this, real talk I think the rest of that lockerroom are scared of Incognito themselves probably. This is the same dude who bought a bunch of assault rifles after getting a big contract, is incredibly dirty on the field, got kicked off of TWO different college teams, and a jack*** off of it. None of them say anything negative when all that about the voicemail and everything comes out? I'd like to think that off the record its different bc otherwise that team is full of cowards and I'm not talking about Jonathan Martin. You mean to tell me Mike Pouncey and the rest of the dudes on that O-line had NO idea of this treatment?? Please, Cam Wake is a leader of that defense and dude had no problems with this? Cmon now. Martin told the damn coach and they clearly never even thought to check on him to follow up, the front office failed him and the team failed him. How are you supposed to perform your job with that kind of stress going on coming from a team "leader"

Why some think him stepping to Incognito would stop this is hilarious. How do you know Martin didn't ever tell him "Hey man thats too far stop with this". Incognito is a freaking moron you can't rationalize with those types of people. Apparently Martin missed 2 days of OTAs right after the voicemail issue came up yet nobody in that ignorant front office thought to investigate why...honestly that team has problems if 1, Incognito is on your LEADERSHIP council and if players are uncomfortable of talking to coaches who can't even protect their own players from this type of thing.

I'd like to hope the players interviewed didn't know the full extent as the time and based it off of the other side pranks etc. that they would pull...but its hard for me to give them the benefit of the doubt, sounds like they feel "oh well wasn't me who was being bullied so not my problem" :smh:

For all those who said if they knew Richie was dropping "N" bombs that the black players would have had happened issues with it is simply not true...Deadspin leaked that video of Richie was wilding with Mike Pouncey where he said "Mike Pouncey N*****"

Or like this...

Now, there’s this story from the Detroit Lions locker room, about (white) tight end Tony Scheffler and (black) safety Louis Delmas. Kudos to the Detroit News for getting the scoop.

Their relationship began 10 years ago when Louis Delmas was a volcanic, trash-talking freshman at Western Michigan University.
They’ve been friends for a decade, so the following is totally okay, you guys. No ambiguity anywhere.

Their friendship grew over the years, and they remain tight as members of the Lions.

“Hey, cracker,” Delmas often says to Scheffler inside the Lions practice facility.

“How’s my n—–?” Scheffler replies.

Seeing all the guys response last night it was pretty clear they were supporting Richie...like any group, they thought of Martin as a snitch. Just proves how dumb 95% of football players are though which isn't surprising though. Martin is prolly one of the only guys in the locker room who possesses half a brain.

If anyone in your workplace calls you a "half-N****" would you respond by reporting him to HR or fighting him? Why should the locker room be any different?

All I'm gonna say is that I think this is how Incognito jokes with everybody that he's close to. An offensive line is usually like a brotherhood, and I think in his mind that was enough to him to be able to joke with Martin that same way. I've definitely met people that go way over the top with jokes like this but they're usually ******g huge (like Incognito) so everybody just kinda goes with it and knows that's just how they are.

With all that in mind though, Incognito has been a dirty piece of **** on the field his whole career and with his reputation pretty damn awful he isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt from the media in this case.

Now the paying 15 grand for his trip to Vegas or whatever is just Martin straight up getting punked. I mean you gotta be kidding me if you defend that ****. Unless Incognito held a damn gun to his head while he made him drive to the bank for that there's no reason that should have happened. These are two huge NFL football players that knock people on their *** for a living. You don't let that **** happen to you.

I think the racial thing is being blown up. The video of Richie acting a fool, pouncey is there laughing at/with him. The fact that guys in the locker room are sticking up for him is very telling. Martin had the right to get out of there, not a good working environment at all.

Icognito is a dirty as player, but who knows maybe he is just the joker in the locker room and martin cant handle the jokes. With the way the rest of the players a responding this seams to be the case. Martin did the right thing. If he didnt fit in.

So who ordered the code red on Martin? Ireland? Philbin? Ireland & Philbin?

NFLPA vs Dolphins org...

Last edited:
I think the racial thing is being blown up. The video of Richie acting a fool, pouncey is there laughing at/with him. The fact that guys in the locker room are sticking up for him is very telling. Martin had the right to get out of there, not a good working environment at all.

Well, if the culture of a lockerroom is one where white guys can freely use the n-word, then well that says everything about how ******g dumb football players truly are cause that **** would not fly in an NBA locker room or anywhere else. As I've said before, the culture of football can be pretty scary in this country aka why guys like Ricky Williams/Pat Tillman walked away from it.

lol at would not fly in NBA locker room. :rofl: NBA players prolly the softest of the 4 major sports

in football you earn your respect in the trenches. like scout john middelkoff said on the local radio every team/coach wants a guard described as the type of guy you would want to have your back in a dark alley.

also brought up a great point that this wouldnt fly on a team like the 49ers. players like justin smith, joe staley, etc. regulate stuff like this from happening.

Last edited:
yeah because aldon was getting DUIs while driving in the locker room....durp durp

Last edited:
lol at would not fly in NBA locker room. :rofl: NBA players prolly the softest of the 4 major sports

in football you earn your respect in the trenches. like scout john middelkoff said on the local radio every team/coach wants a guard described as the type of guy you would want to have your back in a dark alley.

also brought up a great point that this wouldnt fly on a team like the 49ers. players like justin smith, joe staley, etc. regulate stuff like this from happening.

You want to call Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, or Caron Butler soft to their face?

Back
Top Bottom