Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

I have a huge problem with the objectification of women. I feel that men do tend to think that they own female imagery, then tend to think that they can judge, and then do whatever they feel with a woman, and her body. This includes the judging of how she looks, as if there is only one standard that a woman should be held to, and that vision is incredibly narrow, superficial. Everyone should have the right to feel good about themselves, and that is what most anti oppression movements are really, truly about.

That said, I am not about being a victim, and I will not run into a fight without being totally prepared for the outcome pro or con. If this woman thought that she'd get away with the attention that she obviously sought, then more power to her. It was her choice to do it, and her lesson to learn.

Her voters:

Black folks got nothing to do with that...

Just like Lil Nas X.

We dont know these people.

Idk man. Everyone including Black people turn up at the club when Truth Hurts comes on. However I will say I turn up for songs I hate including this one all the time. What am I gonna do, stop having a good time? So that could be the case for everyone in there. :lol:

As for the actual topic at hand it's such a non story imo.

Last edited:
That’s that *** ****. Allude to something then falling back on the fact that you never actually said it. You only gonna go in circles if BOTH of our arguments are going nowhere. My point is y’all really came in here to talk about her because she’s big and no one has done anything to prove wrong. Instead of just saying Meg would’ve been wrong too. Instead, y’all say a buttload of extra stuff and still throw in something about her weight.

If you gonna roast, roast. This PC crap is boring.

man what are you going on about

she's a good singer, talented from the two popular songs I heard.

glad she's proud to be big and what not and actually embrace it and not give a ****

BUT

what she wore is disgusting especially with kids around, smh

She 31. Too old for this thot behavior. I thought she was like 23 maybe.

She a fool for real. She's cute in the face and plenty of folks like big women.

she just got poppin, gotta squeeze out that last bit of "prime" before she cougar status...fat & all :lol:

she just got poppin, gotta squeeze out that last bit of "prime" before she cougar status...fat & all :lol:

And that's in Hollywood years. She probably pushing 40. See can get all the way outta here with this fat girl schtick. She done had plenty of time to get used to being a big girl. She a suuuuuuuper gimmick.

I find her personality to be grating and white people like her just a liiiiittle too much if that makes sense.

but her talent level is undeniable.
White people have always liked comfortable negroes a little too much. They like to use them to say "See I'm not like the bad whites!?! I love black people!"

i must be missing something or maybe there's some song i haven't heard yet but these are some strong words for the **** i have heard
Shes a really really good vocalist and performer, whether it's to your taste is a different question.

I think the album is a little overrated tho so I can understand the reaction.

As for the twerking,

Im not going to lie I recoiled and refused to watch more than a second of it.

but if someone I was attracted to was doing that, I would watch it, so it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to get all worked up about it.

plenty dudes who like fat women probably enjoy what Lizzo is doing, who am I to deny them?

nothing wrong with being comfortable and confident in oneself but doing all that seemed to be attention grabbing just for exactly the opposite reason. yeah she's an entertainer and at times being outrageous is part of her schtick, but truly confident people don't have to act like that to get people to rally behind them and show them love. whether big or small - you doing that out in public, expect to get criticized

Her voters:

Black folks got nothing to do with that...

Just like Lil Nas X.

We dont know these people.

I take it you never been to a Kanye, Jay- Z, or Travis show.

Pearl clutching at an all time high in here.

This does not bother me at all... and if you've been to a Laker or Clipper game you see more *** & ******* in the concourses

it's #whitefeminism music, vaguely empowering/politcal but totally safe,

it's ikea radicalism.

white women can feel good listening but never have to be made uncomfortable.

“white feminism music”

Most accurate description I’ve ever seen.

She’s another one of those artists that I’ve had female coworkers who aren’t into
That style of music usually at all, but out comes Lizzo and they LOVE her.

Does anyone here NOT feel like the

nah

1. this is a straw man. aint nobody out here who thinks being 500 lbs obese is a good thing.

2. people who are just run of the mill fat get **** on daily by socitey so I really don't think its shocking or weird that they are like "hey that's not cool" and try and push back.

3. lets not act like what people find attractive is based on how "healthy" people are, nah, models with fat transfers doing coke every weekend got a million likes under there comments. aint nobody care about health./

fat people don't fit peoples beauty standards so people **** on them as a result,

and it's totally reasonble to say making people feel like **** for stuff that's not totally in there control, probably isn't great for society and we should chill.

Joe "Fat Shaming" Rogan :rofl:
Joe "You giant gelatinous bag of meat" Rogan
Joe " She's addicted to food and dying" Rogan

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom