Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

I never expected you to but you haven't addressed why he allowed slavery. I enjoy the discussion.
God is just

Are understanding of justice is corrupt

People claim murder is wrong

But believe abortion is alright 

He gave his children the Jews

favor over all men as he 

promised Abram.

You questioning why God did something 

Won't make sense 

Unless you know him 

in the Spirit.

Kinda lost me there :lol:

What I'm saying is what if god isn't a sentient being? What if god is just another word for the laws of nature? Another word for the universe?

Well basically Apollo=equals sun. The sun was viewed as a source of life.

So now peoples few of life has evolved to the universe as a whole and we've put it under one god

Last edited:
Again, I'm open to the idea of some type of creator (whatever that or it may be), I just dismiss the premise that one religion is right while the rest are doomed

1. You didn't answer the first question. If spiritually perfect then why aren't we spiritually perfect? I never said anything about physicality.

2. So he gave us free will to disobey him? Why would he do that? His first crack at humanity wasn't perfect? If he is all knowing then why wouldn't his first crack be perfect? His second crack wasn't perfect either. He flooded the earth and killed or should I say cleansed the earth and we are still born in sin right?

3. What do you mean things were different then? Gods morality shouldn't change so why would he allow slavery back then?

4. What evidence do you have?

Slavery was not different in its essence. You were someone's property.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Here is God saying it's ok to beat your slave as long as they don't die

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

If we are all born equal under god then why can I be someone's property?

I don't want to believe what? That Jews were slaves in Egypt? What proof do you have?

So god if god is the creator of all things, is he not the creator of evil and sin?

The Holy Spirit is not enough proof to convince me
1. He made us in his image, but not EXACTLY. Replicated, not duplicated. He gave us free will.

2. Yes, he gave free will to disobey him. Maybe he wanted to know what conclusion humanity would come to? Whether it be to enslave, rape, kill, or to follow the teachings of god, he left it to humanity.  Just cause he made em, doesn't mean he's got to rule with an iron fist to follow his teachings.  He got his angels to obey him

We dun' goofed.

Note: This is Theory

Op is saying unless you fully believe in God and take him in, you can't see the truth. You gotta BELIEVE to understand 

Last edited:
God is just

Are understanding of justice is corrupt
People claim murder is wrong
But believe abortion is alright 

He gave his children the Jews
favor over all men as he 
promised Abram.

You questioning why God did something 
Won't make sense 
Unless you know him 
in the Spirit.

It's not about justice, it's about morality. According to God we are all equal but he allows someone to own me as property.

He favored Jews and everyone else was second class. So according to that, how can I be equal to someone else who is favored by god himself? Isn't that a contradiction?

They are contradiction all over this book which is supposedly the word of god. How can you expect me to believe without questioning? How can you expect that out of anyone?

It's not about justice, it's about morality. According to God we are all equal but he allows someone to own me as property.

He favored Jews and everyone else was second class. So according to that, how can I be equal to someone else who is favored by god himself? Isn't that a contradiction?

They are contradiction all over this book which is supposedly the word of god. How can you expect me to believe without questioning? How can you expect that out of anyone?
“For there is no partiality with God.” (Romans 2:11) “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16) 

God wasn't trying to say everyone else was second class. More like, These guys are good at delivering my message. 

God gave man morality.

Me explaining the bible to you

will only fuel your doubt in God 

and trust in the word of man

if you want understanding in life

R

U

S

T

In him alone.

Do not trust in your mind

Thats how you fall for things of the world 

Trust in your heart.

That Christ i Lord

God is a Spirit

You'll never understand him in the flesh.

Thats why you need to be born in the spirit.

God bless you for your questions, but I can't help you.

Last edited:
“For there is no partiality with God.” (Romans 2:11) “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16) 

God wasn't trying to say everyone else was second class. More like, These guys are good at delivering my message. 

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

You're proving my point. There are contradictions. why must the Jewish slaves be treated differently? Aren't we all the same?

I believe in God... That story doesn't make sense (not saying it isn't possible)...it just doesn't make sense
You believe in God

But have you repented, and trusted in Christ alone

In order to understand the story presented

you must know about the culture back then.

If the only thing your looking at is 

"God is unfair"

Then you are only wasting your time rebelling

against God 

Remember

Your body is the temple of God

Be in the Spirit

Last edited:

You're proving my point. There are contradictions. why must the Jewish slaves be treated differently? Aren't we all the same?
I'll be the first to admit I haven't read in the bible in entirety, but I'm enjoying playing devils advocate.

Slavery in those times were for indentured servants. In ancient Israel, people who could not provide for themselves or their families sold them into slavery so they would not die of starvation or exposure. In this way, a person would receive food and housing in exchange for labor. It's not the same as slavery in the Americas where we captured people and sold them into slavery. God specifically says this type of slavery is not okay:

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

God gave man morality.

Me explaining the bible to you
will only fuel your doubt in God 
and trust in the word of man

if you want understanding in life

R
U
S
T

In him alone.

Do not trust in your mind
Thats how you fall for things of the world 
Trust in your heart.
That Christ i Lord

God is a Spirit
You'll never understand him in the flesh.
Thats why you need to be born in the spirit.

God bless you for your questions, but I can't help you.

I'm not asking for your help. I was a born again for 7 years before. The more I read the book, the more I saw the contradictions. I also learned my history. I refuse to trust in a religion and book that was used to conquer my ancestors.

Don't be blind to the atrocities in your book and the damage it has caused to real people.

How can I not trust my mind? That is lunacy. Trust in yourself and be more confident in yourself. If God is the creator of morality then slavery is alright according to god. And you want people to believe in this god?

You believe in God

But have you repented, and trusted in Christ alone

In order to understand the story presented
you must know about the culture back then.
If the only thing your looking at is 
"God is unfair"
Then you are only wasting your time rebelling
against God 

Remember
Your body is the temple of God
Be in the Spirit
I never said God was unfair fam..I said I dnt understand the concept of Jesus dying for our sins

I never said God was unfair fam..I said I dnt understand the concept of Jesus dying for our sins
We sinned with Adam and Eve, then kept on sinning.

God made Jesus, which was super holy.

Said here's my super holy sacrifice, Jesus, to trade for you guys sinning all the damn time.

He's more than enough for now, and even later

I'll be the first to admit I haven't read in the bible in entirety, but I'm enjoying playing devils advocate.

Slavery in those times were for indentured servants. In ancient Israel, people who could not provide for themselves or their families sold them into slavery so they would not die of starvation or exposure. In this way, a person would receive food and housing in exchange for labor. It's not the same as slavery in the Americas where we captured people and sold them into slavery. God specifically says this type of slavery is not okay:
"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

The fact that someone can sell someone else and treat them as property is wrong. It's morally wrong. The fact that god tells you it's ok to beat your slave as long as he doesn't die is wrong.

Said here's my super holy sacrifice, Jesus, to trade for you guys sinning all the damn time.

So he sacrificed himself to himself to save us from all of our sins? That makes sense to you?

I

If god forgives all who ask forgiveness y kill Jesus why not just make people ask for forgiveness

I think the story of Jesus is just a old tool of society to keep people behaved and anybody with a brain that questions it gets hit with the "u won't understand unless u have faith and believe" and the cycle continues

When ya say "prayers up" who do ya send them up too? Curious just cause I see it used a lot :lol:

Last edited:
I think the story of Jesus is just a old tool of society to keep people behaved and anybody with a brain that questions it gets hit with the "u won't understand unless u have faith and believe" and the cycle continues

That's a simple *** answer for such a complex subject.

......you right tho.

Back
Top Bottom