Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

So you say Jesus is god, and yet you say that god cannot die...but yet we both are in agreement that Jesus did indeed die.

I hope you see my concern?
Jesus did die, but he did not stay dead.
Jesus was on earth while simultaneously existing in his natural state as God outside of earth.
God took the form of a man, to walk on earth, perform miracles, share the gospel, die on the cross AND came back to life to save us all from hell.
So the ransom sacrifice was really a sham, because God didn't really die. He was always alive even when it says he died he was alive...because he didn't really die?

Let me propose this to you - The odds that you exist, statistically speaking - stemming from all the proteins and atoms being formed etc, are 1 in 10 ^ 2,685,000.  That's a 10, with 2.685 million zeros after it.  Now, that is the odds for one individual person: consider then that there are just under 7 billion people on this planet.  In other words, it's impossible that we were randomly formed by chance just out of nature.

I'm not here to tell you what to believe or that you even have to believe anything.  That is your choice to make and I'll still treat you with the kindness and respect you as a human being deserve.  All I'm saying is that we're lucky to be where we're at right now.

And even with those slim chances the odds are still in our favor (so to speak). How you may ask? The universe runs infinitely, meaning those chances are dealt over and over FOREVER. Even though the chances of our existence are so small, when those numbers are ran infinitely, eventually, it WOULD happen.

The odds of you winning the lottery are almost nothing correct? If you played every second of every day over and over for eternity eventually you will win.

Last edited:
maybe because there is no sense to be made of it?

That I can agree with.

They list 3 different things and then say it's only 1. Then the fail safe is "it's not meant to really be understood" or "this is god we're talking about, the rules may not apply with our logic".

Jesus was born and killed, so by that sense god was born and killed. Even if you don't believe he was killed we're all in agreement that he was born. If god is "forever" the notion of him being born throws that out the window.

maybe because there is no sense to be made of it?
That I can agree with.

They list 3 different things and then say it's only 1. Then the fail safe is "it's not meant to really be understood" or "this is god we're talking about, the rules may not apply with our logic".

Jesus was born and killed, so by that sense god was born and killed. Even if you don't believe he was killed we're all in agreement that he was born. If god is "forever" the notion of him being born throws that out the window.
The name of the game is "god wins because god wins because god wins."

Its not the easiest thing to understand, but God is 3 in 1, its in the Bible. I've posted a few scriptures stating such. God is infinitely greater than we are; therefore, we should not expect to be able to fully understand Him. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God.

1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

Lack of evidence is not a reason to believe something or to start making things up

Some Native Americans and Africans were ridiculed for praising animals, but it's okay to believe in imaginary characters as long as there is no real proof, it's deemed the work of the mystical

Again, the trinity has never been brought to light. Every time it's explained it doesn't make sense
Its not the easiest thing to understand, but God is 3 in 1, its in the Bible. I've posted a few scriptures stating such. God is infinitely greater than we are; therefore, we should not expect to be able to fully understand Him. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God.
No. Nowhere in the bibledoes it say that God is the son, father, and holy spirit. 

Sure, it should be beyond us to understand God's ways...but it shouldn't be beyond us to understand his identity?

Jesus (peace be upon him) said at John 14:28: "The Father is greater than I am."
Also how comes Jesus (peace be upon him) doesnt know the hour? Father knew the "day and hour." Matt. 24:36

Last edited:
Jesus said in John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father (God)love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus right there said he was going to lose his LIFE.

"My father love me" he's talking about himself?

Jesus prays to god, so he's praying to himself?

C'mon man

Jesus said in John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father (God)love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
nerd.gif

But you still haven't addressed the issue. Jesus was dead for three days. Therefore God was dead for three days?

No. Nowhere in the bibledoes it say that God is the son, father, and holy spirit. 

Sure, it should be beyond us to understand God's ways...but it shouldn't be beyond us to understand his identity?
The Bible states it several times. The book of John alone has several references to it.
I posted scripture touching this subject already. please go back and see it.
I can take you to the well, but can't make you drink it.

again, Jesus died, but he did not stay dead, he came back alive.

How comes jesus (peace be upon him) doesnt know the hour?
Father knew the "day and hour." Matt. 24:36

[Jesus said,] (peace be upon him) “the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

why make himself look inferior to himself?

The head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Cor. 11:3)

God is one, not three-Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29; Galatians 3:20

Seems like bibles contradict one another

Last edited:
Looking for some clarification on this:

Deuteronomy 23:2King James Version (KJV)

2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

The Bible states it several times. The book of John alone has several references to it.
I posted scripture touching this subject already. please go back and see it.
I can take you to the well, but can't make you drink it.

again, Jesus died, but he did not stay dead, he came back alive.
no scripture that you posted states that God is the 'son, holy spirit, and father' combined, no scripture states that.

And still, Jesus died...therefore God died for three days. For three days there was no God in the universe?

Last edited:
Let me propose this to you - The odds that you exist, statistically speaking - stemming from all the proteins and atoms being formed etc, are 1 in 10 ^ 2,685,000.  That's a 10, with 2.685 million zeros after it.  Now, that is the odds for one individual person: consider then that there are just under 7 billion people on this planet.  In other words, it's impossible that we were randomly formed by chance just out of nature.
Where did you get these odds? Or how did you calculate them? Just wondering.

It's certainly a valid point.  When you go even deeper though, what are the odds that said planets that can sustain life are in the position they're in to do so?  Scientifically speaking, if Earth for instance, were a little closer or further from the sun it may not be able to sustain life.  So I'm curious as to the probability that of all of the planets in the infinite universe, how did Earth end up at just the right distance from the sun to be able to orbit it and hold a position that allows life to flourish.  I'm not arguing for or against a grand design, I'm just saying the odds are truly awe inspiring that we're sitting here able to have this conversation.  Makes me appreciate life.

That doesn't sit well with me. For someone who takes the bible literally that's pretty straight forward. And if you're gonna say it's a symbolic thing we've already been down that rabbit hole.

That's on you man.

It would probably help to read on God didn't want HIS people getting caught up with those operating outside his will.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom