• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wheres the best place to get Warriors tickets? Trying to cop some for my girl
Any game in particular? 
nerd.gif

I split season tickets so I can't really call it but I imagine Stubhub or NBA ticket exchange would be your best bet.

I've never had any issues using Stubhub to buy after market tickets for any other events.

Last edited:
GM McKenzie thinks Raiders are pretty good*

By Vic TafurOctober 28, 2016 Updated: October 28, 2016 7:13pm

SARASOTA, Fla. — It’s been a nerve-racking ride at times, but Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie had a big smile when he watched his team practice in the Florida sun this week.

We’re 5-2 with an asterisk,” McKenzie said in an interview with The Chronicle. “Because we have all the pieces, and we’ve been winning games, but we can’t keep doing it this way. The asterisk is we could be great … if we clean up some things.”

The Raiders’ offense has carried the league’s worst-ranked defense, and there has been both pluck and luck in earning a 4-0 record on the road. Oakland’s point-differential on the season is just plus-6, and it is 3-1 when allowing 27 points or more. The rest of the NFL is a combined 15-65 when allowing 27-plus points.

“We’re finding ways to win,” McKenzie said. “Figuring out ways to win at the end of games, not just winging it. Making plays and trusting each other. We’ve figured it out, and there is a mentality that we want to win and they expect to win. That’s going to pay dividends when we get to the big games at the end of the season.

McKenzie credits head coach Jack Del Rio, young leaders Derek Carr and Khalil Mack and the veterans the Raiders have brought in the past two years with developing a “special” feeling.

“Can’t pinpoint what it is, but we’ve created a culture where we know what’s expected of us and we do it,” McKenzie said. “I don’t know if it’s the pressure they’re putting on themselves or the confidence. ... We’ve got a mix of homegrown young guys and guys we brought in, and they’re figuring out how to come together.”

There is a heavy homegrown flavor, thanks to McKenzie’s drafting acumen. Carr, Mack and guard Gabe Jackson are foundation pieces selected in 2014, as are Amari Cooper and injured Mario Edwards from last year’s draft. Second-year tight end Clive Walford is also starting, as are two of this year’s draft picks, safety Karl Joseph and defensive end Jihad Ward.

Plus, sixth-round linebacker Cory James and seventh-round offensive lineman Vadal Alexander also have started games this season.

“We never wanted to play Vadal this early, but we had to use five right tackles. That’s crazy,” McKenzie said. “But he and the coaches did a great job. ... Good teams find ways to win quicker because everybody is on the same page.”

Sometimes it’s not pretty. Like Sunday in Jacksonville, when the offense was never in rhythm and still scored 33 points in the win. And while the defense looked a little better, it’s hard to tell if that was the Jaguars tripping over their feet. The Buccaneers (3-3) will be a better test Sunday.

The Raiders are still 32nd in the NFL in total defense (430 yards allowed per game) and pass defense (302) and 28th in run defense (128).

“We all know it’s going to be hard to make the playoffs if we’re last in the league in defense,” McKenzie said. “...That will catch up to you. Be ready for that, so stop the madness and get this thing fixed.”

There was a little sense of doom and gloom in the locker room after the Raiders lost at home to Atlanta in Week 2 and were 1-1, having giving up 69 points. But McKenzie didn’t bring in any free agents, and Del Rio inserted Joseph into the lineup. The Raiders also made a change at inside linebacker, replacing since-injured Ben Heeney with James (who gave way to Perry Riley last week). They’re 4-1 since, allowing more than 30 points only once. Baby steps.

“I didn’t think it was the players getting physically beaten,” McKenzie said. “There was a lot of missed responsibilities, obvious missed communication and jumping around and playing the wrong gap. When stuff is not working, sometimes people try to fix it by doing something they’re not supposed to do. And good quarterbacks are going to find that weak spot.”

The thing is, the defense doesn’t need to become a top-five unit. The way the offensive line protects Carr and gives him time to throw to Cooper and Michael Crabtree, the defense needs only to become a top-16 unit to make a playoff run.

“Those guys that we felt good about at the beginning of the year, our thought process has not changed,” McKenzie said. “Some guys are going to have to play better. And when you’re 5-2, you can really take a deep breath and focus on the fundamentals. The players and coaches know what needs to get done.

“We don’t have to push the panic button.”

With the Broncos losing CJ for the year and Kansas City dragging the corpse of Jamaal now, becoming an average defense by season's end is more likely.

Tony G just called us a "trick," said we're like that big fancy house you go to on halloween expecting good candy but all you end up getting is the little mike and Ike's. I wanted to be mad but it was funny.

Tony G just called us a "trick," said we're like that big fancy house you go to on halloween expecting good candy but all you end up getting is the little mike and Ike's. I wanted to be mad but it was funny.

He lightweight right tho. Until our defense can come up with some timely stops, we really don't know how good this team can be. I think today will be a good test for us to go against Jameis, Mike Evans and Jacquizz.

But he a Cheif and can't be trusted :lol:

Last edited:
The refs need to at least throw the flag every time. He would have at least 8 sacks if he wasn't held 80% of the game.

Stupid challenge WHY? We need a fumble or break in the red zone. A change of momentum is what we need. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom