Tiger Woods x Nike FREE Golf Shoe Prototype

Nike-Golf-TW13-1_detail.JPG

NIKE_MAY_148844-2_2_detail.jpg

Nike-Golf-TW13-2_detail.JPG

Nike-Golf-TW13-3_detail.jpg

NIKE_MAY_HERO_2_detail.jpg

I really like these, but I don't play golf....I'm guessing its safe to assume that these are not for casual use.

Tiger still rocking the scotty cameron during practice rounds and then forced to use the nike method during live rounds...smh
shoes look great btw

Does anybody else like the actual prototypes better than the final product? They are missing the black on the toe and they added the grey on the side and upper lace loop. I want the actual prototype!!

Originally Posted by S329

Tiger still rocking the scotty cameron during practice rounds and then forced to use the nike method during live rounds...smh
shoes look great btw
that's not accurate. Tiger is using the Nike Method 001 full time, even in practice.
also, he is the only Nike staffer that is not required to use any Nike clubs, where all of the others have either a 13 or 14 club deal.

Originally Posted by jumpman24

Does anybody else like the actual prototypes better than the final product? They are missing the black on the toe and they added the grey on the side and upper lace loop. I want the actual prototype!!
i'm like you, i liked the early prototypes, too.

Tiger prefers the clean toe so it doesn't distract him visually as he stands over the ball. you'll notice the shoes he's wearing now don't have the black toe like those that are being released next week.

from today's round:
222af07dde2050789b22881257c7a38e-getty-145613867.jpg

Originally Posted by osubass1

shoes look great btw
that's not accurate. Tiger is using the Nike Method 001 full time, even in practice.
also, he is the only Nike staffer that is not required to use any Nike clubs, where all of the others have either a 13 or 14 club deal.

Tiger prefers the clean toe so it doesn't distract him visually as he stands over the ball. you'll notice the shoes he's wearing now don't have the black toe like those that are being released next week.

from today's round:
I noticed that he was wearing the released version today as well. I wonder why it took him so long to change? He had been wearing the black toes since last year and this past week was the first time I had even seen the white toes. I almost feel like these aren't as "casual" as the ones he had been wearing. I was ready to pay $180 for the original prototypes, I'll try and hold out until these get marked down just like all the other TWs.

Originally Posted by osubass1

shoes look great btw

from today's round:
I noticed that he was wearing the released version today as well. I wonder why it took him so long to change? He had been wearing the black toes since last year and this past week was the first time I had even seen the white toes. I almost feel like these aren't as "casual" as the ones he had been wearing. I was ready to pay $180 for the original prototypes, I'll try and hold out until these get marked down just like all the other TWs.
mmm you must not watch too much golf because tiger has been wearing a white toed version of his shoe (proto or retail that i don't know) since at least the 2011 president's cup.

I stand corrected, I'm not sure how I've missed that! Regardless I wish they would have stayed w/ the black toe

Anyone seeing how much the price has gone up on ebay? and how fast these sold out in white?? I got a pair of the black ones because TGW.com kinda screwed me over on a pair of white ones. Nike said no restock either?

Has anyone taken these for a spin on 18 holes yet? I'm weary of the Free design, my legs fatigue with normal frees after a full day of running around. I like them, but I'm not completely sold.

BuckeyeState, I'm sure there will be a restock later on. This is golf we are talking about, they aren't the Yeezy's lol. Especially if he wins this next Major. Nike would be dumb not to. The Hype would be at an all time high. Patience friend, patience.

Just picked up the whites today for 160 
pimp.gif
Wanted to get black too but couldn't swing it. Oh well, need to get out and play now!

Didn't wanna start a new thread while this one was already around...

Finally got around to getting these a few weeks ago and I must say, I'm in love with them. I've only played two rounds of 18 in them so far but I already think I've convinced myself I need to get the black pair as well.

HOWEVER, has anyone heard anything about the limited editions they're doing for the majors? I know the Masters editions are floating around and heard something about an all red US open pair.

I've been checking these out for my next golf shoes for the past couple of months. As simple and clean as the white pair is, I want to see more colorways/colorblockings.

Any pics of the Masters edition?

edit: nvm. found them easily with google search.

I'm hoping for a black upper, white midsole colorway. Although these are golf shoes, and I doubt that'll happen- it'll look like too much of a basketball shoe.

Last edited:
Here's the Masters edition just for future reference. I like them, just too similar to the released CWs.
21acu35.jpg

I wish they at least came in a special bag, box, ball marker or something.

Can anyone find info on the all red pair? :nerd:

WOW. Where'd you come across these at?

Any more info? I see that dynamic flywire and my jaw is already dropping.

flywire, vented, shorter tongue, and more stable heel.

release expected around October last i heard. could be earlier.

Back
Top Bottom