*** TIMBALAND TALKIN' RECKLESS AGAIN ABOUT PRODUCERS.. ***

eek.gif
Wow I forgot how many bangers Timbo has produced over the years. Hedid leave out some obvious Neptunes heat as well though. Did he forget Drop It Like It's Hot or Southern Hospitality or Rock Your Body? I still hearthose being played in the clubs as well. You can even make a case for Money Maker as annoying as that song may be.
grin.gif

Timbo does have more "classic" singles that are still in rotation, but that might be a product of the artists mainstream viability than theproduction. He produced for Aaliyah, JT, Ginuwine, (Missy?). While the Neptunes were producing for Nore, Clipse, Philly's Most Wanted, etc. Of course thosesongs are going to fade away in the mainstream community.

They both are legends though.

^that's a fair point. The Neptunes laced Nore and Philly's Most Wanted with some fire. Those were some incredible beats. But the lyricists over themwere just unlistenable so I couldn't keep repeating the tracks.

Timbo has good taste in his own music. He named a lot of tracks I would have named to people who have only paid attention to the last couple years of Justinand Nelly Furtado (even though he gave them good beats too).

Originally Posted by SLRS

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

timbo is wack... he needs to quit putting out this pop garbage

Most of the time Nate Hills is to credit for a lot of the Duran Duran, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, OneRepublic, Britney Spears garbage you've been hearing lately.

Timothy still the don.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
you callin that garbage? you trippin

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

^^ I see your so anxious and I'll raise you a Sade- By your side remix. One of the illest beats i've heard.

Right. That's probably number 2 on my list, that's def. some of the hottest cord usage i've heard.
Aaliyah, JT, Ginuwine, (Missy?)

Nah, they both worked with JT at the same time, and I def. feel that P and Chad had more of an impact on his career musically than Timbo did. Rock yourbody, Senorita, Take it From Here, Like I love you (The point when this dude's career did a whole 360 in my eyes),Nothin' Else, Still on my Brain. Justified > FSLS.
Well you're a Neptunes Stan so your opinion shouldn't count.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, I have my own reasons for being down with the Neptunes. I just know who the truth is. It's always pointless for me to hop indiscussions like these, I feel like a Neptune Nazi at times, but n's just need to understand.

Anyways...Justified DVD will give a lot of these dudes a heads up. You'd think they'd learn from fade to black
smh.gif

I see your so anxious and I'll raise you a Sade- By your side remix. One of the illest beats i've heard.
Co-Sign x a bajillion!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That eighth planet DVD negates everything you heard about P. Stop givin Chad all the praise just cause dude be on the low
laugh.gif
. Timbo got classics no doubt but to say The Neptunes don't is almostblasphemous. Their "throwaway non-hits" like Still Love You, Hit The Freeway and oh lord don' t get me started on Kelis first LP.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Timbo is my dude, but he's an herb for his comments. Point Blank. Yes, Timbo has mad hits in his catalouge, but he is NOT in the Neptunes league. Not atall. Chad and P are in a league of their own. Their beats defy classification and they come from left field and make hits. Try making a Grindin beat whileeveryone is trying to play the sped-up soul sample game and watch it hit smash single status.

From 96-00..I could pen you a Timbaland beat. No matter what instrument he was using, his patterns didn't vary and he was biting a lot of %@$% from GO-GOwith the horns and the drum patterns. People like him usually talk reckless like this when they are insecure. The Neptunes probably have more influence onTimbaland than the other way around.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by TCW 96

Timbaland has earn to right to talk reckless.

P ain't nothing compared to Timbo.

Very true. Pharrell been gettin too much credit for so many years, and Tim hasn't always had that solidified partner in action.

And to add...

Sock It 2 Me > almost any beat the Neptunes have made.
sock it to me is an ill beat, no doubt... but it's a straight sample jack of a delfonics song. in fact a lot of tim's best songs, he jacks themusic. timbo has definitely revolutionized drum programming and his mixes always knock. he's got a great ear for hit material but i'm not convincedthat he can write his own music. even cry my a river's melody was composed by scott storch the neptunes on the other have scarcely used any samples intheir music. and they easily have as many tracks that are still in rotation to this day. plus if tim wants to talk about timeless, 'complex' music.....uh..... ever hear of an album called 'in search of...?' nevertheless i love tim's work, but he is outta his mind talking wreckless about p... andthat dude's ego irritates the hell out of me also

thats what im saying^^

you dudes are the same ones who werent feeling him making pop beats but now he's the king? fff outta here

timbo didnt even mention grindin which is a bigger hit this decade then any of his hits this decade,

neptunes hit list is far more than 3 stripes

leave it to nt fence jumpers to praise someone they just hated
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Patrik1tha1

Originally Posted by SLRS

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

timbo is wack... he needs to quit putting out this pop garbage

Most of the time Nate Hills is to credit for a lot of the Duran Duran, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, OneRepublic, Britney Spears garbage you've been hearing lately.

Timothy still the don.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
you callin that garbage? you trippin

Yup.
I don't condone in techno euro pop.

Originally Posted by RELISH

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by TCW 96

Timbaland has earn to right to talk reckless.

P ain't nothing compared to Timbo.

Very true. Pharrell been gettin too much credit for so many years, and Tim hasn't always had that solidified partner in action.

And to add...

sock it to me is an ill beat, no doubt... but it's a straight sample jack of a delfonics song. in fact a lot of tim's best songs, he jacks the music. timbo has definitely revolutionized drum programming and his mixes always knock. he's got a great ear for hit material but i'm not convinced that he can write his own music. even cry my a river's melody was composed by scott storch the neptunes on the other have scarcely used any samples in their music. and they easily have as many tracks that are still in rotation to this day. plus if tim wants to talk about timeless, 'complex' music..... uh..... ever hear of an album called 'in search of...?' nevertheless i love tim's work, but he is outta his mind talking wreckless about p... and that dude's ego irritates the hell out of me also

Money.

It's all subjective. I just have a small problem w/ everyone saying "Pharrell" like there's no Neptunes.

***EDIT: "I Still Love You" anyone?***

He gets his Respect as A Nice Prod. and Vet in the game, but I personally don't see nothing Unique in all these Techno Computer sounding beats he makesthese days. Furthermore Vet or Not Im sick of all this top prod. trash talk. I remember the times when Producers Didnt run they mouth and always want to be inspot light. It's already bad enough we got Rappers running they mouth about sales and other stupid%#*%. Thats why I like cats like Premeir.(He laid backand has the dopest hip hop beats i ever heard)

Timbo has every right to say w/e he wants to say...dude's put in that work

my boy tried to tell me one time that Pharell was the greatest producer of all time and i just kept on throwing names out there that have been making classicsfor years and dude tried to say NO, none of their beats are on par with Neptunes in their hayday
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
...then son wanna talk about how Pharell is smashing Lauren London justbecause of that new vid. he got out and i was like wow, just lick his cheeks while you're at it and slob on the knob

f'ing D-rider...

Originally Posted by encore2007

Timbo the King dude makes stars and changes careers... Aaliyah, Missy, Ginuwine (looked what happened to him when he stopped messin with Tim), he gave Nelly F new life. Some of yall knock his new stuff cuz its not his old stuff but that happens with every artist

Big Pimpin> Give it to Me
Not that it really matters
homeboy, the neptunes gave justin timberlake street credibility game over

When it comes to making beats, Neptunes > Timbo. Neptunes are far more innovative with their beats. Timbo is now doing what the Neptunes did when it comesto the type of beats he produces.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

And I am tired of N's talkin' this%%!@ about Chad doin all the work and P basically doing next to nothin.
I been wanting to say this for a while now but i just ignore it. Despite how many people who have been in the studio comment on how p and chadoperate... you still get silly comments like chad is doing all the work. Alot of that has to with the fact that most+%@!*+$ hate pharrell for other reasons...and the demographics here on nt.

i think timbo can pretty much say what he wants at this point! Its like jordan giving his opinions on other players.

I just don't like the way homeboy thinks he's the only great producer that's walked the earth. I mean, you nice, but damn, ease up off your ownpair.

just off top:
grindin
on & on
virginia
allure

dude has been doin thing since forever especially the last two years but with that said
neptunes<timbo

pastor troy-are we cuttin', that gets me amped !!!!!

i still enjoy timbalands life from da bassment, but neptunes clones > that.... and > shock value...sorry

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Timbo does have more "classic" singles that are still in rotation, but that might be a product of the artists mainstream viability than the production. He produced for Aaliyah, JT, Ginuwine, (Missy?). While the Neptunes were producing for Nore, Clipse, Philly's Most Wanted, etc. Of course those songs are going to fade away in the mainstream community.

They both are legends though.
Neptunes have NOT reached LEGEND status.

Back
Top Bottom