*** TIMBALAND TALKIN' RECKLESS AGAIN ABOUT PRODUCERS.. ***

Timbo is the king. the Neptunes are out of this world. they both co-exist and get
pimp.gif
from me

Have you heard 'Hit the Freeway' before? Probably some of the best combo of Cords and Bridges I have ever heard...

yes! and that By Your Side remix is tough!

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Timbo does have more "classic" singles that are still in rotation, but that might be a product of the artists mainstream viability than the production. He produced for Aaliyah, JT, Ginuwine, (Missy?). While the Neptunes were producing for Nore, Clipse, Philly's Most Wanted, etc. Of course those songs are going to fade away in the mainstream community.

They both are legends though.
Neptunes have NOT reached LEGEND status.

Dude, how can you say that? Only if you consider a Legend as someone who is no longer breathin, then i'll understand.

Timbo is a legend, he put VA producers on the map. Without Timbo there would be no Neptunes. They both put out bangers but Timbo is the king right now. TheNeptunes haven't made a blazing beat in a minute.

Timbo FTW... but the neptunes do got a good catalog.
but i wouldnt say without timbo there would be no neptunes thats taking it too far.

and the snoop "beautiful" joint will forever be my shhhhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Timbo is a legend, he put VA producers on the map. Without Timbo there would be no Neptunes. They both put out bangers but Timbo is the king right now. The Neptunes haven't made a blazing beat in a minute.

eyes.gif
I dunno what you've heard, but timbo hasn't really either. Ayo Technology? Sounds like the same beat box and snap combos like always, so I haven't heard heat from him. The Neptunes have been working on the newN3RD album, so I guess they have an excuse. Although, I almost forgot about 'give it up' ...that beat is pretty nice. They did some work to try andsave Britney's career. But as far as that on the map statement...I am going to def. go with Teddy Riley as far as VA producers. Remember P, Chad and Timboall worked together way back when in a group called Surrounded by Idiots
laugh.gif
I really think there is no resolve to this argument, I truely think thatinterview was not taking a shot at The Neptunes. I think it's more gratitude than an actual shot, as in he's saying the only people inor close to his league would be them. The only thing I dissagree with is the Stripes issue of course. They have waaay more than 3...I can't even begin toname hits that I hear on tv and movies that have been from them in the past. There should be no Neptunes > or = to Timbo. There should be that they are 3bomb a** producers, they make good music for good artist and damnit, that's all that needs to be said lol. Good music is just good music.

^^^Your right about that Teddy Riley comment, I took it too far. I like both of their production styles and feel that they all are legends that changed thelandscape of popular music forever.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Timbo does have more "classic" singles that are still in rotation, but that might be a product of the artists mainstream viability than the production. He produced for Aaliyah, JT, Ginuwine, (Missy?). While the Neptunes were producing for Nore, Clipse, Philly's Most Wanted, etc. Of course those songs are going to fade away in the mainstream community.

Dude, how can you say that? Only if you consider a Legend as someone who is no longer breathin, then i'll understand.
Legends are consistent, well at least to me they are. That's the main problem I've always had with the Neptunes. They were hot at certainpoints now it's like you'll be luck to get some decent material out of them these days.

Off topic but what happened to Scott Storch? I mean It seems to me that J.R Rotem took his production style and just ran with it. Dude used to be on top of theworld though back in 04-05.

i dont got a problem with timbo saying he's the best cuz that's arguable, but he shouldnt be speaking on anyone else. i wonder if he even has morestripes than jermaine dupri
laugh.gif
(and i cant stand that dude)

Legends are consistent, well at least to me they are. That's the main problem I've always had with the Neptunes. They were hot at certain points now it's like you'll be luck to get some decent material out of them these days.

To me they are pretty consistent, just because you don't see them on t.v. or hear one of their songs on the radio, doesn't mean they aren'tcooking. They have worked with a lot of upcoming bands and artists on their label, and as well as the 3rd N*E*R*D album for the past couple years. TheNeptunes just worked on releasing Kenna's new album not too long ago, the just did some Britney Spears work and some Duran Duran. Also, I won't reallyfactor in the clothing line and whatever, but it's still stuff they are doing. Well Pharrell. Anyways, Legends in my book are those who make hits, that assoon as it's made, you'll know you'll hear it 5 to 10 years from now and still consider it hot. A legend is also made when other producers orwhatever, seek your craft for inspiration. I dunno, maybe that's just me though.

Legends are consistent, well at least to me they are. That's the main problem I've always had with the Neptunes. They were hot at certain points now it's like you'll be luck to get some decent material out of them these days.
so then i guess you don't consider michael jackson and stevie wonder legends

Throw JD in that category of producers. Dude has been making hits/classics for years and years.

Originally Posted by sneakergod1126

As for Talent Timberland>Neptunes of course but as for Hits or songs that still get played today Neptunes has to be up there with him
Drop It Likes It Hot
Southern Hosptilty
Superthug
Holla Back Girl....

Why is this an "of course" statement...? If you're talkin' musical talent... The Neptunes (especially Chad) blow Tim out the water.

Tim has even admitted himself that he can't even truely play the piano.

If you're talkin' creative ideas and thinking type of talent... Then maybe, but The Neptunes are up there.
Originally Posted by Heshua

Throw JD in that category of producers. Dude has been making hits/classics for years and years.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Has he not Pusha? Just because timbo and dre are little kids about being producers means that people cant also respect the work JD has put in? You know howchildish it sounds for grown men to be bragging how they're on a different level of producing anyways? When they all have made lots of money and hitsanyways? Especially when they diss other producers. Not to mention its not like they write and play their own music like lets say Prince for example. It'snot like producing is like sports, where numbers can be quantified and records can be set to see who is the best at something. Besides I didnt say JD isbetter, I just said his name should also be mentioned for the Usher work, Mariah, he worked with Biggie among many other rappers. Why the disdain for JD?

JD sucks. his music sucks.
timbo and the neptune's hits are in a totally different class then the "hits" JD has.
JD's music is unoriginal and basically trendy. he goes with whatever fad is in.

tumbo and the neptunes have a totally unique sound.
theres no way i would be able to hear a song on the radio and be like thats definitely jermaine dupri...the only reason why anyone can tell cause his midgetasss talks all over the track.

timbo and the neptune's hits are in a totally different class then the "hits" JD has.

theres no way i would be able to hear a song on the radio and be like thats definitely jermaine dupri...the only reason why anyone can tell cause his midgetasss talks all over the track.

Originally Posted by RELISH

so then i guess you don't consider michael jackson and stevie wonder legends
You can't be serious. MJ and Stevie were very consistent. MJ & fam are even going on tour next year and Stevie is still doing music to thisday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

theres no way i would be able to hear a song on the radio and be like thats definitely jermaine dupri...the only reason why anyone can tell cause his ****** asss talks all over the track.

laugh.gif
Did he bang your girlfriend or something? My dude is so mad hedouble posted.

I understand everybody's point of view....but the ones saying Timbo> The Neptunes, and that The Neptunes aint issh in front of Timbo...YALL TRIPPIN.Timbo is currently the main beat factory as of now in the music industry..BUT he's not doing it alone (Danja), and I'm not taking anything away frompre-Danja Timbo....Timbo is a MONSTA...I know yall faces crunched up when u saw Timbo play the "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" beat to Jay in Fade ToBlack.. not to count out "Cry Me A River" which if u listen closely to the structure, the beat is PERFECT!....BUT...I KNOW u had that
eek.gif
when you heard "Allure"...when u heard "Lord Willin'" or when yall heardthe "By Your Side (Remix)", but please dont say that if there was no Timbo there would be no Neptunes, or that Chad does everything, or thatthey're talentless. If I'm correct, The Neptunes were branching out of genres way before Timbo, again I may be wrong, but I am definetly sure that theyare the ones who go get inspiration from somewhere else... was there anyone else in hip hop who played with a Daft Punk beat before the Neptunes? I thinknot!...my point is, please dont make statements that are false or ignorant, look up the producer(s) and their catalogs and then come in and try to make areasonable statement...that being said The Neptunes and Timbo are 3 of the most diverse producers in hip-hop history.

I like the neptunes more than timbo personally, though by a very small margin. I think its dumb to say one is greater than the other to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom