To all Nike employees...

Yooooo dats the grimiest thing that cud have happened on the real...rite b4 this big pack 2....I'll jus order employee store style cuz dis aint cool swooshalready took entirely 2 long 2 ship orders n now dis

something tells me this will be a hot topic for a few days.
nerd.gif

Its real funny how they started this right before the Carmine package release too. This messed up my whole day. Im gonna try calling the employee store but ifthat doesnt work, looks like im gonna be in line at Foot Locker like everybody else now.....
smh.gif

i just called and they said that they MIGHT have the CDP discounted, they just dont know till it actually comes up on the site. they still dont have aconfirmed word. Also they have a list where people can call and complain about this problem and they'll refer it to the manager of swoosh.com, PEOPLE CALLSWOOSH SO WE CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!
ohwell.gif

Where can I get the number to call and complain? This whole taking away the discount is ignorant

1888 365 6453... open frm 5am- 10 pm PST......Yea its time 2 blow this line up wit angry calls cuz swoosh buggn....jus tol my boys n Miami and SC that also wrkat factory stores and dey sounded heartbroken....dis aint cool

Bad move on Nike's part.

I know they take care of their employees on the HQ level but on the retail level, they don't give a crap about 'em.

It's like the entertainment industry, there is above the line people and below the line people. Except in show biz the below the line people are union andcan't be messed with. Nike employees on the retail really have no voice to speak for them. Pulling the plug on this dropped a lot of jaws. I know mostjust bought one for themselves, like myself. I heard a lot of rumbling today, with the "There is no point in working for Nike. They keep treating uslike garbage" talk.

They could monitor the accounts and invites, but I don't think it is abuse that made the decision.

I am not paying $310 for 1 pair of shoes, it was hard enough selling the unwanted pair for $100 (half price of a Swoosh discounted pack), imagine trying tosell it for half at retail (roughly $175,
laugh.gif
). Nike employees are takinga big L on this one, that is why none, I should say the majority, don't give a flying #@@* about Nike's "message" or "vision"anymore. Nobody is buying it anymore. Huddle is a bunch of
eyes.gif
, now.
laugh.gif

It sucks, but life goes on. I got decisions to make, and maybe pass on the packages altogether, and save some dough. However, this is not a good look forNike. They got to stop treating the employees at the retail level like crap.

Nike could care less if you quit.
Employee turnover can't be a good thing. However, thanks for your insight.

It's been a slow first quarter for Nike/JB.

One word:
Usually when people say this they post a word, not a picture. I don't get the message you are trying to send: "hurt","boo-boo", "crying", "scrape", "Neosporin", "healing".

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Right idea, wrong execution.

Of course, this is all pure speculation, but for all of the things they want to try and stop, most of them won't be affected that strongly. Especially not comparable to the effect it will have on honest employees.

Is this going to stop people from buying up multiple pairs? No.

Is this going to stop people from buying the whole package and selling one or both shoes? No.

Is this going to stop people from re-selling Nike/Jordan product to make profit? Absolutely not. From Swoosh.com, maybe, but there are numerous ways around this for someone with the knowledge and experience (and willingness).

I feel like they're trying to chop down a tree (reselling) with an axe (taking away the discount), but all they're really doing is killing a fly. And a wise man once said "Never use an axe to kill a fly". Or maybe something like Coyote Ugly, could it be that they're drunk with frustration and are making a decision they'll regret later? Who knows?

I also think that a few things will be accomplished by this:

1. the product will not instantly sell out, doesn't really matter, but it's logical.

2. Returns online and in-store will increase.

3. LP incidents, like store credits, fraudulent returns/exchanges will also increase, not only in Nike stores but Foot Lockers, Champs, etc.

It's kind of circular, like lots of other things in life. Limited product is released, demand skyrockets, prices go up on the aftermarket and reach a certain range (usually above retail). More limited product is released, aftermarket prices from similar product determine the estimated resale value, then many, many people decide if it's worth their time or effort to make that amount of profit.

It's laughable how Nike can operate stuff like the HoH and release things like the Titanium XX3's, then expect that those limited goods won't be sold again for a significantly greater amount, lots of times by employees. I think we're all aware that's the heart of reselling, what they are trying to do is incapacitate a pinky finger.

this man speaks the truth!

if you really want to, its not that hard to still get the discount.
thanks to all the fat mouths for putting the ES on blast... now it will be evenharder to get on the list
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
smh...

anywayz, if you live in the 757 area and wear a 10.5 or 11.5 and want the package early for some extra dough... msg me.

no one said swoosh was gone...just no discount on cdp packs. dang bro looks like you have some hate in your heart

Also launch products... aka all the new crap ;x

Usually when people say this they post a word, not a picture. I don't get the message you are trying to send: "hurt", "boo-boo", "crying", "scrape", "Neosporin", "healing".

laugh.gif

And do dudes think they can actually call up an ES to get it shipped...? Think again. And I really doubt any of the complaints you guys call in will change theordeal. Guess we gotta eat the L.

Tell that guy this again

Employee Stores are pretty much a loss 4 me cuz with them u gotta call the monday b4 the release date...and with prom n wat not i dont have the bread 2 placethat order in b4 i get paid which will b that friday....see this sux cuz im screwed either way u look at it unless i can get some one frm the mall 2 spot me

Im goin 2 call swoosh later 2day after skool and if they say sum BS lik yea we wont kno until they're posted then im not even goin 2 bother wit the sitecuz if i wait all mournin jus 4 them 2 b retail wen i cudda used a code or sumthin on eastbay/FL then im goin 2 b pissed

there is no doubt there is abuse on the swoosh account...but at the same time, they take steps to limit it (i.e. you can only buy two packs, two xx3's,etc.)...

nike/jb - makes so much money off these packs and xx3's...i figured they would just chalk this up as a price of doing business...i mean...creating hype anddemand for the shoes...helps their bottomline too...

at 310...they are going to make a lot of people make some tough decisions....especially in these hard economic times...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Nike could care less if you quit.

One word:
Usually when people say this they post a word, not a picture. I don't get the message you are trying to send: "hurt", "boo-boo", "crying", "scrape", "Neosporin", "healing".

It's a scab.
laugh.gif

People are chomping at the bit to get a job at the Niketowns, Factory Stores, and Employee Stores. They will take your job in a hearbeat.

As for the turnover, no it won't be good, but I think Nike can handle it. They have way too much product they can release at the snap of a finger, and,voila, the effect of the turnover is mitigated--if there is a turnover. There's no way in hell someone is going to quit their job at Nike...Nike!

I know right.

well this is really unfortunate.
i frequently use swoosh
and swoosh is really what made the cdp's possible for me

i remember when i first heard about them i figured i wouldn't be able to get any of them
but the swoosh price made them a little more realistic
i'm a student

oh well.

it will be interesting to see if workers at other retail outlets continue to get their discounts, though. that'll be frustrating to see.

nike employees forget a DISCOUNT (which is a privilage not a intitled right) and swoosh.com the EMPLOYEE WEB SITE (is also a privilage not an intitled right).
If people didnt abuse the privilages buy buying multiple pairs on swoosh.com.
I called swoosh.com yesterday morning and the representative said that when the employees of swoosh.com came to work they all had a memo from COOPERATE NIKEsaying that they wanted the discount of select jordan launch products discontinued.
It is not every single jordan product posted on swoosh.com confirmed from swoosh.com yesterday morning the countdown packages and the white and red 23'sthat were gonna be posted on swoosh.com 40% will be posted on swoosh.com but not on discount
The things that will be on discount is all the fusions and the military package hopefully this will help nike employees a lil bit

If yall going to keep calling swoosh to keep the discount on CDP's are just waisting your time........

HQ is SERIOUS on this and they are not going to overturn this one.

WOW..It figures that right when I get hired the discounts are taken away..very sad day! I may have to pass on packs I was looking forward to for a long time

2 the people who r saying it is a privilage n shudnt have been abused by buyin multi packs u have no idea wat ur talkn about

If that was the case...swoosh cudve easily set a limit on the packs jus as they had done with other shoes

Dey jus see that onli launch items pop on the site...so now they're tryna get all they can 4 em

Back
Top Bottom