To all of you who claim to hate Team Jordans....

only teams i have purchased are the jordan team reign and the jordan show'ms

they make good bball kicks

stylewise i have purchased IV's,V's,III's,I's,VII's,XI's,X's

so pretty much after XV i wouldnt think of purchasing them unless they were XX's

i appreciate team j's for what they are meant for... balling. they are decent shoes meant for the court that you won't flip a lid over if they scuffedup or beat up on outdoor courts. you won't cherish them like your sig j's cause they weren't manufactured for that.

also i think team j's get hated on because of their poor designs earlier in their existence. they came out with the first team j, the jordan team 1 whichin my books goes down as one of the best overall kicks for ball. but then they fell off w/ models like the jordan team deuce, team 10/16, pro status, etc.

in recent years the team j's have stepped it up and produced solid kicks like Work'ems, Hoops low, team flo, and team FBI. even now w/ the introductionof the .5 line it really looks like the team j side of JB is looking good. i for one can't wait for the 12.5 and 14.5's to drop.

nope I hate all the team J except the Team J 1 and jumpman pro quick. But there also great back ups box for putting your J in thou.
pimp.gif

Sole Discretion - valid points. I remember the credibility of Team J's taking a beating when they started makingblatant takedowns like the Jumpman Pro Strong and it took a while for them to get to the point where most buyers don't differentiate between a Team model& a signature release.

XxThe King Of KingsxX.niketalk - Thanks for the feedback, but was the huge font and all caps really that necessary? Ithink you can voice the same opinion in normal 12 pt, maybe spice it up with an exclamation mark or two, & still get your point across...

This argument is great. I have bought Jordan's from day 1, and although I cannot claim to be an expert, I think my points will be valid. The statement that"he never wore Teams" I read earlier is a good argument to not like them based on memories. In that case, wouldn't that make the XIX, XX, XXI,XXII, and upcoming XXIII Team's? they bring nothing to the table except memories of Ray Allen and Joe Johnson hitting jumpers or Josh Howard running thefloor. Maybe you argue they are more technologically advanced than Teams? That may be true, but what do these technologies bring to the table? Do we reallyneed pods to interchange? I never felt the IPS function like it was said to do. Did the tethered ankle strap add much, even when it stayed strapped? I boughtthe first Team's, and have bought the FBI's (one of my favorite Jordan shoes ever, Team or numbered), and just bought some Blk Red B'Loyal'sbecause they look like 6's and I can't play my pair. I took a long look at the 12.5's Tuesday night, and they or the new Melo's will be my nextpurchase, and I haven't bought any Jordan's since the XXI, retro, team, or numbered. I like the direction Team is going, and if people could just getover these Spizike and Dub zero's and see the performance side, not all of this LS BS (who ever saw Jordan wear navy/orange shoes), the Teams would be seenas great alternatives to look at when a BASKETBALL shoe is needed.

i get everyone's point, & respect everyone's opinion. i know J's were originally meant for hoopin, but honestly, i just LOVE my J's way toomuch to f*ck them up by ballin in them. all my J's are for casual puposes only. after each wear, i hit them up w/ shoe cleaner then they go back in the boxfor weeks or months at a time.

now, i'm sure team J's are great to hoop in. but since i only wear my J's for casual use, i'm sure one could see why i will NEVER touch a teamJ (with the exception of CP's upcoming sig shoe, those look pretty sick in the catologue pics and may very well be the first team J i ever cop).

IMO, there is no better shoe to hoop in than foams or flightposites, period!!!!!!

I dont necessarily prefer either one, but I did buy the M4 and i like those alot. As far as retros go, i dont really like them because most of the designs arereally old looking and i like the sleeker newer designs. also, the retros have no significance to me because at 19, i really dont remember anything MJ worebefore the 9s.

does anyone know what the name of these team jay's are called? they look like 9's in a way but were low top i had them in 7th grade which was around 02or 03? cuz their prolly the only team j i would cop

My first pair of "Jordans" were the Jordan Team 1 in white/blue. I don't know why I was attracted to them as a little kid but they litterallymade me go
eek.gif
. If they ever re-retro these I will be copping.

It just depends, i think i will actually cop the 12.5, i have no problem hooping in team j's. I am not concerned with people and if they think i am"fresh" or "lame:"

I like some teams land don't understand why people don't like them. I don't buy teams because I would rather spend money on other shoes, but withshoes like the 5.5, 9.5, 12.5 I don't understand how you don't like them and I actually bought a pair of 5.5 and 12.5

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

I dont hate them....I have a few.

Its like the Air Jordan is a Lexus, and the Team Jordan is a Toyota. Made at the same place, same technology.... but just more common.

The B'loyals were excellent. The Team flows were great.

What makes AJ's so special is the fact that ARE Air Jordans. Not Camrys.

But ask Toyota - the make more bank off Highlanders and Camrys than RX350s and ES300s. More profit per vehicle on the Lexus, but much more profit on the bulk sales of Toyotas.

Just my $.02.

Great analogy

Originally Posted by Jay45Valdez23

i get everyone's point, & respect everyone's opinion. i know J's were originally meant for hoopin, but honestly, i just LOVE my J's way too much to f*ck them up by ballin in them. all my J's are for casual puposes only. after each wear, i hit them up w/ shoe cleaner then they go back in the box for weeks or months at a time.

now, i'm sure team J's are great to hoop in. but since i only wear my J's for casual use, i'm sure one could see why i will NEVER touch a team J (with the exception of CP's upcoming sig shoe, those look pretty sick in the catologue pics and may very well be the first team J i ever cop).

IMO, there is no better shoe to hoop in than foams or flightposites, period!!!!!!

That's very understandable. Until recently, as far as years are concerned, J's were stricly for casual & I'd hoop inthe best Nike hoops available, i.e. AZG, 2K4, Lebron II, etc. With fatherhood & other advances, J's really aren't as significant to me as theywere in the past, though I still am a fan. I started balling in my IV's, XX's & XVI's after wanting to for the longest, but not being able tobring myself to it. Though I think that Nike generally makes better elite hoops shoes than Jordan, I still enjoy playing in J's as well & since Iusually play indoors, I prefer the sig models (I think that most teams are outdoor influenced and a little too clunky for my style of play).

I'm looking forward to the XX3, but only to hoop in. It's
grin.gif
to me so far as a casual shoe, but I'm certain it'll be a great ballin shoe. But I won't purchase it for a penny over retail though.

As far as the CP3's, would you still look forward to them if they were just some generic Team called Jordan Check'm? Just curious to see if it'sthe design you like or the CP endorsement (not that I would fault you either way).

And Ninjahood, Spiz'ikes & Dubs have a character, I'll agree, but it's not an original one. If I copied Diddy or Hov's style to a T, I maybe able to pull off the look & presentation, but the swag is still borrowed, which tarnishes it to a degree. I'm not gonna sit here & front likeCement Spiz'ikes don't look hot on someones feet; hell I bought the little one & the old lady a pair. But I could'nt roll with em becauseI've owned Cement III's & it's like comparing Kelly on her best day to B on her worst.

My rationale is, they aint numbered js so they aint fly. I gotta stay fly.....team jordans aint js, only lames wear em.

I don't hate Team Jordans, I like very few of them though.

Today's team Jordans, I don't like. My reasoning is because Jordans I-XX3 (XX1 & XX2 don't really make the cut for me, so exclude those) areall unique. They all have their own style that when you see another brand such as Adidas or Reebok, the style is nowere near the same. If you were to wear anAir Jordan, you would be able to tell right away because of the unique individual style it brings to the table. Now with the Team Jordans, they don't havethat. Those resemble that Adidas & Reebok same old look that most other basketball shoes have. They aren't different or unique type shoes, theyresemble all other basketball shoes but just have a Jumpman logo on them.

I do like some of the older Team Jordans though:

Jumpman Team Flow
Jordan Work'm
Jordan Big Fund
Jordan Pro Status
& the newer Team 12.5 & 9.5.

Those are really the only Team Jordans I like (excluding certain Melo's)

I wear both Numbered J's, Retros and Team Jordans. I buy what i like. I could care less what everyone else is wearing as far as JB stuff goes. If a newshoe is posted on NT and most folks hate it, that doesn't sway my decision if i like a certain shoe. I'm one of the few, if not the only NTer who willnever buy a pair of the XIs with Patent leather. I think it's overdone on that shoe. But thats just my opinion. Give me a pair of XVI's in black, andthats the extent of patent that you'll catch me with (wish i'd copped them back on the og release day). Plus the shape the XI's with patent turnsme off. Again, thats just me (puts on flame ******ant suit). The team j's I own, i use to hoop in. The Team 1, Jumpman Pro Quick, Jumpman Pro Shake, thosework for me for hooping. They are wide enough for my boat-like feet, and they are very comfy to me.

I received a pair of OO'WEEs for x-mas and I think they are very comfortable. They are the first non-numbered pair of Js I have ever had. I am 33 years oldand have been wearing only numbered Js since '85, like some of the other old cats on the board. For a long time, I viewed Team shoes like someone saidpreviously: Jordans for those who could not afford numbered models. However, after I started wearing these OO"WEEs, I found them to be a well-made shoeand a perfect candidate for daily wear and days when there is the potential for precipitation.

Sing along with me kids:

"No numbered Js... On rainy days..."

yea some of the Team Js look pretty ill, but the price doesnt seem worth it. Spizikes for $175, pass.

Back
Top Bottom