To all of you who claim to hate Team Jordans....

What's your rationale? I'm not asking in a manner to say if you're justified or not, but out of merecuriosity. Personally, I see both sides of the argument. Some people only like the actual #'d models, while some think Teams tend to be overpriced. I thinkit'll be interesting in '08 to see how many people buy packages with shoes they don't really care for because it's the alternative to Teams andI'm more curious as to what some of you guys plan on buying in '09 if in fact there will be no to little retros.

I personally view the fusions as JB's way to still appease buyers who don't like Teams while still staying totheir limited approach in regard to retroing sig models.

I think that JB often does a very nice job with some of their team models. I think models like the RB Xtreme, Rising Starsand Trunner KO were visually and comfort wise very successful, and though I don't like the takedown element to them, B'Loyals and Big Funds were goodTeam releases this year also. I almost never cop teams myself though, with the rationale being that I don't even really cop signature Jordansanymore.

I see why some people would think it's foolish to pay $115 for a Team Strong Premier or $120 for a M4 when you can copa Retro 3 for $125. But at the same time, I think if a shoe is hot, it's hot. I wonder how many people who copped the XV did so simply to complete theircollection or because it's a #'d model? Just curious about the topic since I see so much bashing of Team J's on here, despite the sales successthey tend to be in real life.

I dont hate them....I have a few.

Its like the Air Jordan is a Lexus, and the Team Jordan is a Toyota. Made at the same place, same technology.... but just more common.

The B'loyals were excellent. The Team flows were great.

What makes AJ's so special is the fact that ARE Air Jordans. Not Camrys.

But ask Toyota - the make more bank off Highlanders and Camrys than RX350s and ES300s. More profit per vehicle on the Lexus, but much more profit on the bulksales of Toyotas.

Just my $.02.

I hate Team J's cause they pale in comparison to the sigs. Plus, where I'm from u get clowned for wearing them. Only little kids, men like 50 and over,and lames where Team J's in Baltimore.
laugh.gif

Itz one thing if u got sigs and teams, but if u just got teams & think u fresh...
smh.gif

Me personally, I will most likely purchase every pack, yes u heard me right, every pack!!! I will most likely buy 2 of every pack & sell one since therewill be so many who, for whatever reason, aren't able to get theirs.

In 2009, if retros are really done and if 23 is the last sig I will breathe a sigh of relief since my collection will finally be complete thanks to the packsand I will fade into the perverbial Jordan sunset with a smile on my face. I will then reflect on what a turbulent, but great ride it has been. Thatreflection will begin in the year 1986, I was in 1st grade and my pops had started the whole obsession when he bought me the black/red AJ 1. That reflectionwill end at present time (2009) and from all the memories, my face will look like this
happy.gif
And when I share all the memories I have of Jordan and the craziness I havebeen through hunting and collecting the shoes, my son's face will be like
eek.gif

When I'm old & grey I'll probably have my collection enclosed in a big glass case for people to
nerd.gif
at.
Then I'll just be like
wink.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
But I'm serious about everything I justsaid.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

^^^^

Someone in authentic Team J's looks a lot better than you do in that bootleg Jordan Jersey
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jay45Valdez23

I hate Team J's cause they pale in comparison to the sigs. Plus, where I'm from u get clowned for wearing them. Only little kids, men like 50 and over, and lames where Team J's in Baltimore.
laugh.gif

Itz one thing if u got sigs and teams, but if u just got teams & think u fresh...
smh.gif

I see your point, but I know plenty of people who are very
ohwell.gif
about all the #'d models after theXIV. I never did & still don't think the XIX really screams "engineered for the greatest player ever". Reminds me more of a Melo shoe,IMO.

And I would argue that one's swag is independent of what another person thinks. I think that only lames worry about whatanother man thinks is hot when they consider making a purchase. And you can definitely be wearing a sig model and be the complete opposite of fresh, like thepeople who buy a retro & have on the matching Jordan t-shirt, hoody, shorts, socks, & headband "cause it matches".
NY Giants, me and you seem to be seeing eye-to-eye on it. Generally speaking, a sig or retro is going to be better in all areas,performance, looks, quality, etc. I see Teams kinda like a C-Class. A lot of people, myself included, see a C-Class Benz as being for a baller on a budget,money that could be better spent on a different car, but the model gets sold because of the logo and the association/prestige tied to it. But there are teamsthat break the mold and are impressive despite their Team status, kinda like a AMG version to me.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^^^^

Someone in authentic Team J's looks a lot better than you do in that bootleg Jordan Jersey
roll.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
indifferent.gif

And what would possibly make u think itz fake?? I don't wear fake anything son. ^^^Sounds like someone's hating to me, maybe cause u ain't gotone?? I ain't even gotta tell u tthat joint is legit. I paid $250 for that jersey like 4 years ago on ebay. sz 50 +4. That means itz pro cut. What u knowbout that?? apparently... NOTHING
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I swear, some of these little kids on NT kill me.

Now go ahead & try to respond so I can make u look like the fool u are... I dare u.
wink.gif

I don't see anything wrong with Team Jordans. If you like em you like em. I personally own two pair.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by Jay45Valdez23

I hate Team J's cause they pale in comparison to the sigs. Plus, where I'm from u get clowned for wearing them. Only little kids, men like 50 and over, and lames where Team J's in Baltimore.
laugh.gif

smh.gif

I see your point, but I know plenty of people who are very
ohwell.gif
about all the #'d models after the XIV. I never did & still don't think the XIX really screams "engineered for the greatest player ever". Reminds me more of a Melo shoe, IMO.

And I would argue that one's swag is independent of what another person thinks. I think that only lames worry about what another man thinks is hot when they consider making a purchase. And you can definitely be wearing a sig model and be the complete opposite of fresh, like the people who buy a retro & have on the matching Jordan t-shirt, hoody, shorts, socks, & headband "cause it matches".
NY Giants, me and you seem to be seeing eye-to-eye on it. Generally speaking, a sig or retro is going to be better in all areas, performance, looks, quality, etc. I see Teams kinda like a C-Class. A lot of people, myself included, see a C-Class Benz as being for a baller on a budget, money that could be better spent on a different car, but the model gets sold because of the logo and the association/prestige tied to it. But there are teams that break the mold and are impressive despite their Team status, kinda like a AMG version to me.
I feel u homie. Me personally, there is something I like about every single sig model. I am a true jordanhead & I don't dislike J'safter 14 just casue he didn't play in them or dominate in them. For instance, I copped the bredxv and the columbia xv's in '99-'00 when theydropped. I liked it cause it was different. People back then & still to this day say they're ugly. Hell some of my homeboys who wear shellheads
sick.gif
say i'm stupid for droppin so much $$ on "spaceboots." Ijust personally don't like teams. That's not a "jordan" to me. I never saw mike dunkin on cats in teams. Besides that i just think most ofthem are str8 wack/ugly/not worth the price. I LOVE the bred xvi, college blue xvii, black/blue xviii, bred xix, etc.

I also like that many hate them cause thatz less people i have to see rockin them.

What's your rationale? I'm not asking in a manner to say if you're justified or not, but out of mere curiosity.
I grew up in the 80's. Team Jordans came out after real Air Jordans as a cheaper alternative for people that could not afford real AirJordans. Accordingly, Team Jordans, to me at least, will always be inferior to real Air Jordans.

I'm more curious as to what some of you guys plan on buying in '09 if in fact there will be no to little retros.

I will buy nothing if retros of real Air Jordans end. The brand is alienating me by getting rid of real Air Jordans so I see no reason to be loyal to thebrand anymore.

Many on the board don't agree with me and I can respect that. I'm just giving you the perspective a guy who was in 8th grade when the Air Jordan IIIdropped.

And what would possibly make u think itz fake?? I don't wear fake anything son. ^^^Sounds like someone's hating to me, maybe cause u ain't got one?? I ain't even gotta tell u tthat joint is legit. I paid $250 for that jersey like 4 years ago on ebay. sz 50 +4. That means itz pro cut. What u know bout that?? apparently... NOTHING
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've been collecting NBA pro cut jerseys for over a decade and here's a few things that you need to know about your procut jersey. First,your shoulder straps are far too wide. Next the collar is nothing more than a standard tee shirt collar, not the oval shaped one that the Bulls Jersey of thatera had. I can't see the tagging- but I'd be willing to guess that it's placed somewhere too high on the jersey.
Sorry kid, but somebody sold you a fake...happens to the best of us.
98435fe3e79675cc580c62d0a59fc75140c2186_t.jpg
VS.
04b.jpg

To answer the question,
I don't mind team Jordans. It gives everyone a chance to own a pair of Jordan Brand sneakers. I usally buy the sig models, but always buy a pair ofMelo's for playing ball in.

One of my favorite sneakers of all-time is a team jordan (The originator: Jumpman Pro). I wouldn't say "hate" per say,
more like it doesn't tickle my fancy.

I'm one of the few people who loves the AJXV. I remember not wanting to know what they looked like till I picked them up from FootLocker. It was love atfirst sight! I also remember rocking them with my pants tucked in my sock. Teenagers
smh.gif

I like SOME of the fusions not all and agree with you on JB's approch to the fusion.

All in all, nice post D

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

And what would possibly make u think itz fake?? I don't wear fake anything son. ^^^Sounds like someone's hating to me, maybe cause u ain't got one?? I ain't even gotta tell u tthat joint is legit. I paid $250 for that jersey like 4 years ago on ebay. sz 50 +4. That means itz pro cut. What u know bout that?? apparently... NOTHING
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I've been collecting NBA pro cut jerseys for over a decade and here's a few things that you need to know about your procut jersey. First, your shoulder straps are far too wide. Next the collar is nothing more than a standard tee shirt collar, not the oval shaped one that the Bulls Jersey of that era had. I can't see the tagging- but I'd be willing to guess that it's placed somewhere too high on the jersey.
Sorry kid, but somebody sold you a fake...happens to the best of us.

To answer the question,
I don't mind team Jordans. It gives everyone a chance to own a pair of Jordan Brand sneakers. I usally buy the sig models, but always buy a pair of Melo's for playing ball in.
Now u do know that there are different variations the black bulls jersey.

Anyway, check it out for yourself, the pics... www.myspace.com/valdezent

Jay45 -

1-Not trying to hate, and I am not a little kid. I have two college degrees, and also know real from fake. So check that at the door first off.

2-I do have an authentic Jordan black non pinstriped jersey, thats how I know yours is fake. Mine is not a pro-cut, but it is authentic.

3-Here is how yours is fake: See the trim around the neck and sleeve area? The colors are way off. Its supposed to be white, with black then red. Not thestripes like yours. And, a pro-cut is dry fit. Yours is regular mesh.

Here are some pics of mine for you. Note the GIANTS keychain for validity.

8a0r9jq.jpg

87mqczd.jpg

Now before you call someone a "little kid," note that this adult knows real from fake. Go ahead. Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

Oh yea...

"That's not a "jordan" to me. I never saw mike dunkin on cats in teams."

Team FBI anyone?

Jay45Valdez..

This is from YOUR myspace page:

l_6950140de4483f97044dfa4e0cb1160a.jpg

Nice 2s....Fake Jersey.

There are 3 variations of the black non pinstripped jersey

1-procut
2-sewn mesh authentic replica (like mine)
3-screen print replica

Thats it. Yours is neither of those 3.

Glad you were man enough to man up
smile.gif

If you got it from eBay, and its one of those "50+4" procuts, its a good chance its not real. Same for your white one.

Jay45Valdez23,

I'm sorry homie, but sometimes taking a loss can be a bitter process.

As far as the black Jordan jersey is concerned, there were only 3 versions to my knowledge. The first one, which I owned,was the one with the pinstripes that debuted in '95-96 and was made by Champion. The second one was the solid black one, posted by NY Giants & SupermanBlue, was solid black and made by Nike, and the third was the Nike retro edition with the pinstripes and the 'Michael Jordan' tagging at the bottom.Like already stated, the colors on the trim aren't matching up. But it's better to know what you have than not be enlightened.

And HovKid, I definitely see where you're coming from. Your post made me think more about their future plans though.They can't rely on retros forever and the potential pickle they may face was created by their own decision to start flooding the market around '04-05to present with a retro release every 2 weeks. Had they spaced the releases out more, like perhaps only every few months, then we would still be waiting onmany more models to come and wouldn't have be presented with uninspired hypebeast releases like Azure XI's or DTRT III's.

I kinda parallel JB to the music industry. Instead of continuing to be innovative (outside of the signature model) theyrelied on the past far too much and now people aren't checking for what's new. Because of this, they have to continue to sample old design cues andrecycle them into many Team J's to create a buzz for that line (Flight 23s & Classic 87's). Hypebeast packages & collabos with LRG, T-Mobile orGucci aren't going to continue the supposed prestige the Jordan Brand is associated with and neither will a boatload of fusions.

I guess what I feel is that their long term strategy doesn't look strong to me because it wasn't properly plannedout. Instead of weaning their customers off retros & nudging them into buying more teams, it's like their giving them one last big fix with thepackages '08 then giving them the cold turkey option after that's done.

NY GIANTS 11, that was pretty cold how u used my own words against me. i don't like that, especially since itz lookin like u were right.
mad.gif

&

d e beatup, great points made...

if they really stop their will be almost a sense of relief since i won't have to spend so much $$ on stuff i really don't need, but am addicted to.

*sigh*

^ Dont sweat it homie. The only reason I used your own words was because you insulted me. Grown me post on forums too
smile.gif

laugh.gif
, eddie going hard..

and there's crazy fakes on the 'bay.

just saw some of your jordan sox jersey. that's my jersey grail, too.

NY GIANTS 11 shut the thread DOWN
laugh.gif

back on topic, team jordans are a way for JB to make money because they know that nobody but us heads will cop the $140+ retroes. they know they can make .5models that LOOK like retroes, throw a jumpman on em, and people will buy em. back in the 80s n 90s when i used to buy jordans, it wasn't that way.

Back
Top Bottom