To all you "JDM" guys with tow hooks

Why care about what someone does to THEIR car? I agree some people have them on there to "fit in" but at the end of the day, its THEIR car. there are no set rules on how to customize your whip.

argh...I doubt few of you have driven the cars mentioned. The VR4 was priced around $40-50k depending on trim. Great car to own, but was super heavy and a pain in the @#!* to own/maintain. Supras were priced the same, but stupid Fast and Furious 1 drove the price up and more and Supras were getting crashed. Performance wise, in stock form is was pretty decent, and probally on the better import cars to reach stateside. One of the best cars i've ever driven was an S2000. My god was that a great car, balanced and great power, but the potential was ridculous. Everyone praises GTRs, EVO, STIs, but truth is in stock form, they get beat by S2000s with minimal mods on autocrossing sessions. I wonder how many of you guys have even been in a well built Miata...Those will make you smile.

Angel

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

mkiv supras and vr4's are much closer to supercars stock then a r34 imo.
smh.gif

Seriously? 
But yeah, what Funkdoc said. I would not ++!% with an S2k around the corners, or a miata for that matter. I used to tease my friend about getting a Miata, because admittedly, they are pretty dinky and feminine....until I saw it +!#$ all over my car in the twisties. I really don't understand where some of these arguments are coming from. All this V8 > V4 *%%!@#!! and vice versa is pretty much useless because of the different applications. For the money, you get much better overall performance with an I4, sports car. The lack of cylinders aids to weight savings and allows what cars like the s2k and miata to do what they do. Now if weight distribution is not of your concern and you just wanna burn the next car from stoplight to stoplight, obviously the bigger engine will prevail most of the time, if not, it will on a top end roll. 

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

mkiv supras and vr4's are much closer to supercars stock then a r34 imo.
smh.gif

just my opinion man..ive drove all three and the vr4 and supra had alot better performance imo but to each his own....real talk the best all around...auto x, drag, street car combo i have ever drove was a 93 rx7 with a magnacharged ls2 absolutely insane acceleration, cornering and very streetable
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

argh...I doubt few of you have driven the cars mentioned. The VR4 was priced around $40-50k depending on trim. Great car to own, but was super heavy and a pain in the @#!* to own/maintain. Supras were priced the same, but stupid Fast and Furious 1 drove the price up and more and Supras were getting crashed. Performance wise, in stock form is was pretty decent, and probally one of the better import cars to reach stateside. One of the best cars i've ever driven was an S2000. My god was that a great car, balanced and great power, but the potential was ridculous. Everyone praises GTRs, EVO, STIs, but truth is in stock form, they get beat by S2000s with minimal mods on autocrossing sessions. I wonder how many of you guys have even been in a well built Miata...Those will make you smile.

Angel
100% truth

i dont remember who it was a few pages back someone said belt driven superchargers>turbo......learn how to read a flow chart and go check it out....personal expierence.....turbo>twin screw sc>roots sc>procharger......people dont know what they are doing alot and throw undersized or over sized turbos on cars and have bad results.but with the right turbo setup and tuning it is way better then SC's

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Ninja take the L and keep it movin

laugh.gif

v8 american muscle >> ricers....you can't even argue that....lil hondas gotta spend TONS just to compete with

da heavy powered naturally aspirated big blocks.....

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Originally Posted by Sputnik

That's a s13.5, its a 240 not a 180, it's not Rhd

Thank You lol
Always liked your car. Do you drive it though? like at a track? I hope it's not a show queen.
grin.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

v8 american muscle >> ricers....you can't even argue that....lil hondas gotta spend TONS just to compete with

straight line performance is lame

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

argh...I doubt few of you have driven the cars mentioned. The VR4 was priced around $40-50k depending on trim. Great car to own, but was super heavy and a pain in the @#!* to own/maintain. Supras were priced the same, but stupid Fast and Furious 1 drove the price up and more and Supras were getting crashed. Performance wise, in stock form is was pretty decent, and probally on the better import cars to reach stateside. One of the best cars i've ever driven was an S2000. My god was that a great car, balanced and great power, but the potential was ridculous. Everyone praises GTRs, EVO, STIs, but truth is in stock form, they get beat by S2000s with minimal mods on autocrossing sessions. I wonder how many of you guys have even been in a well built Miata...Those will make you smile.

Angel
Driven an AP1 here as well, in stock form then with a turbo. Stock I really wasn't all that impressed but with a built motor and 8 pounds it was making 34X to the wheels so I actually went somewhere kinda quick.

laugh.gif

No one's talking about ricers. We're talking about EVOs, STIs, s2000s, etc. Do you read?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif

#cmonson stop acting like da ricers in NYC do ANYTHING else but race in a straight line in illegal races...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

No one's talking about ricers. We're talking about EVOs, STIs, s2000s, etc. Do you read?
oh really? ya deviated too much from da main point of da thread..."jdm" guys with tow hooks that do nothing but make your car

that much "cooler"
grin.gif

completely off topic with the argument in here but the s2000 comes with a tow hook STOCK. noticed it after some fool rear ended me on allen st. and Houston in NYC a few years back. it popped this little circular bumper piece and low and behold there was a tow hook that i've never noticed.

i checked my car manual on what its for and theres a drawing of an s2000 on the beach being pulled via tow hook. weird.

anyhoo i love my car to death... supercharged w. new clutch. drove it all the way down to south florida and it was a blast. would not trade it for anything.. i hate giving people rides. my only gripe with it is its power range is extremely on the high end.. you have to drive it like you hate it past 6500rpm to get that vtec to kick in.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif

A tuned Supra can probably compete with the cars ninjahood mentioned in a straight line with just a couple of mods.

S2000 ftw.
370z = about 350 horses
same year mustang gt = 300 horses
from what I remeber the z is lighter. and has two cylinders less.
There is a s2000 down here in Kendal (south florida)
that beat my boys 07 gt. Simple bolt ons on the s2k too.

Also, EVERY car has a tow hook. It may not be sticking out, and bright red, but it's there.

I can respect any car if it looks good but in the end i will always be a V8 guy. And for people saying V8's aren't as efficient as i4 motors , with a 2.0 liter i4 motor you have to squeeze as much power out of the thing as possible which i think is the main reason why a lot of the higher end imports have a higher horsepower per liter ratio then a lot of v8's. In the end though a 240 horsepower 2.0 liter S2000 will probably lose to a higher displacement v8 motor, depending on the motor of course, i won't say any v8 will beat it because thats simply not true. Main thing i don't like about imports is the fact these little kids running around in a scion tc with a catback thinking they will own anything in sight, its cars like these that give imports a bad rep in most import haters eyes, like Ninjahood. I will always stick with muscle, its what i own and what i will always own.

And just for the hell of it, have any of you seen the 2011 Mustang GT's stats. Base model v6 with a 3.7l motor with 305 horsepower while getting 19/30 mpg. GT has the new 5.0 liter V8 pushing 413 horsepower and 390 lb/ft torque, thats more than an 04 Terminator and this isn't even supercharged yet. So for those saying American motors aren't as efficient as there Japanese counterparts that new v6 stang gets better mpg than a 370z with almost the same amount of horsepower while the GT is only 1 mpg less compared to the 370z both city and highway with the engine being 1.3 liters bigger and with 80 more horsepower.

Back
Top Bottom