Overnight parts from Japan?
laugh.gif
[yoda]F&F reference, I sense.[/yoda]

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

Some of you guys REALLY need to stop coming in car threads. Stop embarrassing yourselves. Ninja I'm looking at you, talking about V4's and blinker fluid.

I dare some of you to go at STi/EVO owners (such as myself) talking about weak 4-cylinder cars. Besides, it's not all about straight lines. There are little things called tracks that people build cars for. Let's see your "V8" against an EVO on Tsukuba or Fuji Speedway.
as far road course and auto cross your evo is about as good as it gets.same for an sti .....ZR1 but that not in same price range so not comparing maybe a c5 z06 modded might give you a run but really man how often do you visit tsukuba or fuji speedway?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
If I was in Japan I'd go often.
laugh.gif

C'mon ZR1?
laugh.gif
How many can afford one? That's supercar territory.

I'm game, Small block V-8
laugh.gif
Puh-lease.
notice how i mentioned its not a fair comparison to your evo in the my post?thats why i said the modded c5 thing buddy.but on a positive note whats up with the evo finnns2003 BPU, stock or what?
Just caught that. I can see a modded C5, still think the AWD will prove superior on a twisties track but number of factors involved.

EVO is coming along, not stock, tuned with a few mods so far, still in progress. I'm waiting on some stuff from Japan... Need... more... power.
laugh.gif

yeah it would prob be close but thats about only domestic on a equal budget gonna touch you....i feel you on the need more power I went from 1 weekend car and 1 dd to 6 weekend cars and 1 dd.I honestly need to get a ricer so I lose the urge to mod my car or something man its seriously an addiction.well ill wait a few more years for that but you like your evo? i was thinking bout getting one or an sti for fall/winter.The vr4 is the only car I can drive in bad weather and with it being low and all i dont wanna mess it up.I have yet to check out anything other then an 03 wrx and I barley fit in it.Do the evos have any more roomy interior?

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Can we all just agree both have their weaknesses and advantages?

I will agree to the fact that v8's have weaknesses and advantages yes.I will also agree that imports/ricers/v6/i4's ect have weaknesses and advantages BUT the imports have more weaknesses then advantages compared to the v8's and domestics
laugh.gif

yeah it would prob be close but thats about only domestic on a equal budget gonna touch you....i feel you on the need more power I went from 1 weekend car and 1 dd to 6 weekend cars and 1 dd.I honestly need to get a ricer so I lose the urge to mod my car or something man its seriously an addiction.well ill wait a few more years for that but you like your evo? i was thinking bout getting one or an sti for fall/winter.The vr4 is the only car I can drive in bad weather and with it being low and all i dont wanna mess it up.I have yet to check out anything other then an 03 wrx and I barley fit in it.Do the evos have any more roomy interior?
Yeah, this is some addiction.
laugh.gif
I started off with simple crap like a navi unit and oil cap, started getting tunes, boost controller, etc. and it started spiraling out of control. I've gone through 4 exhausts, 3 intakes so far.
roll.gif

The EVO is great, sometimes I get upset with the Mitsu corporate crap but it's a reliable car. It was great for this crazy winter, I was trekking through snow like it was nothing. AWD is a must around here. My car is lowered so I was plowing snow quite a bit, and I need a detail bad from all the salt/snow.
smh.gif

Interior is definitely roomy, one reason I can't let go of it. The trunk space is smaller than you'd expect, though.

laugh.gif
I started off with simple crap like a navi unit and oil cap, started getting tunes, boost controller, etc. and it started spiraling out of control. I've gone through 4 exhausts, 3 intakes so far.
roll.gif

The EVO is great, sometimes I get upset with the Mitsu corporate crap but it's a reliable car. It was great for this crazy winter, I was trekking through snow like it was nothing. AWD is a must around here. My car is lowered so I was plowing snow quite a bit, and I need a detail bad from all the salt/snow.
smh.gif

Interior is definitely roomy, one reason I can't let go of it. The trunk space is smaller than you'd expect, though.
yeah i feel you on mitsu when i was replacing stock parts it was so hard to find basic stuff like an oil pan .Im building a 3.5L stroker for the vr4 to help with the horrendous lag im experiencing right now(you would laugh your *** off at my flow chart)once i get it done next month im prob gonna go check out sti's and evos...i really like the look of sti's better but if the newer ones are as small inside as the 03 i looked at im prob gonna get an evo.thanks for the info man keep me posted on how the evos going.

^yep, the evo has the roomiest backseat of any sports sedans. I just can't stand how the chairs squeak and pillars rattle whenever you go through bad roads.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif

yeah i feel you on mitsu when i was replacing stock parts it was so hard to find basic stuff like an oil pan .Im building a 3.5L stroker for the vr4 to help with the horrendous lag im experiencing right now(you would laugh your *** off at my flow chart)once i get it done next month im prob gonna go check out sti's and evos...i really like the look of sti's better but if the newer ones are as small inside as the 03 i looked at im prob gonna get an evo.thanks for the info man keep me posted on how the evos going.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif

Ahh yes, vr4 huh? Pop had a 3000GT way back, man I hated sitting in those backseats.
laugh.gif

I would go for it. I have no complaints about the EVO's performance. I had an issue with my Recaros but dealer covered under warranty. I've had other issues but all covered under warranty or replaced. STi's are cool too, no beef from me. I had an issue with Subaru not bringing over the JDM 2.0's though.

I will agree to the fact that v8's have weaknesses and advantages yes.I will also agree that imports/ricers/v6/i4's ect have weaknesses and advantages BUT the imports have more weaknesses then advantages compared to the v8's and domestics
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
the thread was going fine

more disadvantages? USDM car co. almost went bankrupt
laugh.gif
, the thing with import (specifically JDM) is that they are more into efficiency then power. The engineering of these cars are way more balanced then domestics in terms of being a DD/weekend car, you rarely see a domestic do that with out having having to stop at a gas station every hour. Im not going to front and say a v8 is trash, not having to use force induction FTW but it aint that efficient.

IMO there isnt a car as perfectly balanced as the R34 (or any other GTR), not comparing to super cars of course.

and get the evo,

laugh.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif

Ahh yes, vr4 huh? Pop had a 3000GT way back, man I hated sitting in those backseats.
laugh.gif

I would go for it. I have no complaints about the EVO's performance. I had an issue with my Recaros but dealer covered under warranty. I've had other issues but all covered under warranty or replaced. STi's are cool too, no beef from me. I had an issue with Subaru not bringing over the JDM 2.0's though.
I can barley fit in the front seats your not gonna catch your boy in the back so i could care less, but yes they are like a mcdonalds drink holder.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
the thread was going fine

more disadvantages? USDM car co. almost went bankrupt
laugh.gif
, the thing with import (specifically JDM) is that they are more into efficiency then power. The engineering of these cars are way more balanced then domestics in terms of being a DD/weekend car, you rarely see a domestic do that with out having having to stop at a gas station every hour. Im not going to front and say a v8 is trash, not having to use force induction FTW but it aint that efficient.

IMO there isnt a car as perfectly balanced as the R34 (or any other GTR), not comparing to super cars of course.

and get the evo,
that was more of a joke then anything else.ls1's get 18 city 24+ highway stock and 290-330rwhp stock thats pretty balanced man,skylines are nice cars,they have great potential but they are overrated as far as performance. mkiv supras and vr4's are much closer to supercars stock then a r34 imo.
98eceb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom