To atheists/agnostics/secular humanists (etc...) how will you raise kids or get in relationships?

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by cartune

Yeaaa My household will be like Will & Jada's. Pick which ever religion you want. Christian to Atheist its all the same.
Will & Jada both belong to a cult though. Best believe their children are part of that cult as well.
Yea.. No

You probabaly sip from the Kool-Aid too
laugh.gif

I'm with someone that believes.

It's cool ...

If you really like the person, this won't change anything.

If we have kids, we agreed upon, showing both sides of the spectrum to him.

Teach him right from wrong, and morals, but allow him to choose that path on his own.

It's cool ...

Teach him right from wrong, and morals, but allow him to choose that path on his own.

My itches just learn to deal with the fact that Im not religious.

I wouldnt even classify myself as an atheist though (I actually dislike that word being that to be an atheist you have to believe in nothing).

Ima just say Im not religious and Ill let the chips fall where they may. If I spend an eternity in hell for being logical in life, then thats just what itll have to be.

As for my kids. Id like for them to believe in something, I feel life might be easier to have hope in something that cant be understood...Sorta like Santa Clause.
If their mother or grandmother wants to take em to church, Im cool with that. If they grow up believing and wanting to live their life a certain way, thats more than fine by me.

At the end of the day its all about doing what makes them happy. Ill try to be able to do that for my kids to the best of my ability (within reason) even if its not something that I would personally not agree with.

My itches just learn to deal with the fact that Im not religious.

I wouldnt even classify myself as an atheist though (I actually dislike that word being that to be an atheist you have to believe in nothing).

Ima just say Im not religious and Ill let the chips fall where they may. If I spend an eternity in hell for being logical in life, then thats just what itll have to be.

As for my kids. Id like for them to believe in something, I feel life might be easier to have hope in something that cant be understood...Sorta like Santa Clause.
If their mother or grandmother wants to take em to church, Im cool with that. If they grow up believing and wanting to live their life a certain way, thats more than fine by me.

At the end of the day its all about doing what makes them happy. Ill try to be able to do that for my kids to the best of my ability (within reason) even if its not something that I would personally not agree with.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

It's cool ...

I'm always cool with it. I mean I like them obviously. So something like being religious isn't going to stop me from liking them. Its just frustrating meeting that person and finding out they like you too only to have them look at you funny because you're not that religious... its as if everything else went out the window.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

It's cool ...

I'm always cool with it. I mean I like them obviously. So something like being religious isn't going to stop me from liking them. Its just frustrating meeting that person and finding out they like you too only to have them look at you funny because you're not that religious... its as if everything else went out the window.

I'm marrying an educated white liberal Jew with agnostic views, there are plenty of those up North.
pimp.gif

How to raise my kids? Expose them to all religious texts, and let them draw their own conclusions. Chances are they would grow up Agnostic.

I'm marrying an educated white liberal Jew with agnostic views, there are plenty of those up North.
pimp.gif

How to raise my kids? Expose them to all religious texts, and let them draw their own conclusions. Chances are they would grow up Agnostic.

Not an issue if you're not having any
pimp.gif
Or you find someone with similar goals/ideas/beliefs.

Not an issue if you're not having any
pimp.gif
Or you find someone with similar goals/ideas/beliefs.

Having a household based and ran off of good morals instead of religious dogmatic principles will lead the fam on the right path regardless of creed they subscribe too.

Having a household based and ran off of good morals instead of religious dogmatic principles will lead the fam on the right path regardless of creed they subscribe too.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

my parents took me to church here and there but they aren't that religious and they let me decide on my own. i never really believed in god growing up and most of the girls i F with are the same. no one believes in god in the northwest
laugh.gif

QFT

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

my parents took me to church here and there but they aren't that religious and they let me decide on my own. i never really believed in god growing up and most of the girls i F with are the same. no one believes in god in the northwest
laugh.gif

QFT

For the most part my family is Christian but I am thinking about converting to Jewish.

For the most part my family is Christian but I am thinking about converting to Jewish.

I can feel what the OP is talking about. My GF is Catholic (like, for real Catholic). I'm a heathen, so the topic of our differing beliefs comes up from time to time. She knows I'm not converting anytime soon, but we're still accepting of each other. I sometimes go to Mass just to keep her quiet.

She did say we could never get married unless I convert to Catholicism. *@+# that noise.

I can feel what the OP is talking about. My GF is Catholic (like, for real Catholic). I'm a heathen, so the topic of our differing beliefs comes up from time to time. She knows I'm not converting anytime soon, but we're still accepting of each other. I sometimes go to Mass just to keep her quiet.

She did say we could never get married unless I convert to Catholicism. *@+# that noise.

Back
Top Bottom