Today is my day off but my boss is calling me..what should i do?

cs02132

Supporter
I work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays but my boss is calling me to come in today. I don't want to work because I do deliveries and I will probably only make like 2 or 3 today and make like $7-10 and it would all have to go to gas. I haven't answered yet and he's called twice.. I dont know what to do though.. I mean he can't really do anything because its my day off, right?

my boss doesn't call me unless it's an emergency..... I answer my phone

but if you're in a retail like position, or service industry and you don't want to work...don't answer.
Or don't answer until you have a good excuse for not being able to come in and cover

Answer! Or could be that he doesn't want u back for work?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How important are you at your job?

If you're just an average joe then Dirty is right. Don't pick up until you have an excuse why you can't cover. If you're important then pick up...

It's your day off don't answer.

Say you spent your day at an amusement park, and you had your phone off.  

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

but if you're in a retail like position, or service industry and you don't want to work...don't answer.
Or don't answer until you have a good excuse for not being able to come in and cover

Yea like I said I do deliveries and I don't want to work at all

Can anyone help me with some good excuses for not being able to work?

Just tell him you left your phone at the house while running some errands.

Actually, just say you forgot your phone at the house while *insert any kind of activity here*

Just dont answer the phone...you dont need to explain anything to him its your day off. If he says "I tried calling you" the next time you work, tell him you werent home.

pick up and tell him something like your out of town that day to visit a relative/friend or something.

answer and say "hey sorry i cant i have plans " simple as that . My job sucks so i gave them the wrong number

Listen.. It was your day off, you were hanging out. Misplaced your cell.. by the time you found it, it was too late. For this to work youd have to shut your phone off so that it would go directly to voicemail. Say the phone was in someones car you seen the missed call much later because the phone had cut off and needed a good charging lol

Originally Posted by cs02132

say you went on a day trip and you're at least a 2-3 hrs drive away.

Originally Posted by cs02132

say you went on a day trip and you're at least a 2-3 hrs drive away.

i always say i have to pick up family at the airport
pimp.gif
(airport is out of the city for me though)

Back
Top Bottom