Today is my day off but my boss is calling me..what should i do?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

that's the one negative about comming in on your day off,  you do it once, they start to assume you'll do it for them all the time
QFT

did it once and even when people asked for the day off when i had it off on the schedual, theyd say "oh he'll cover for you" eff that. didnt even show up. didnt get fired either

OP are you a courier? cuz i drive too and get paid garbage...but its chill cuz im
pimp.gif
 half the day and it goes by quick....

call him back and see what's up. if he wants you to come into work, have a good excuse and say you are busy if you don't feel like working. He can't make you come in on your day off, so you should always answer his calls just in case it's an emergency.

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

that's the one negative about comming in on your day off,  you do it once, they start to assume you'll do it for them all the time
QFT

did it once and even when people asked for the day off when i had it off on the schedual, theyd say "oh he'll cover for you" eff that. didnt even show up. didnt get fired either

how they would approach me about covering and how they would be about switching shifts or covering would also factor into if i would do it as well.  i would have coworkers who would want me to switch and i would do it but when i needed the favor back they would give me a dumb excuse so my mindset would be eff them, i don't care if its their moms birthday or they have somethin important to do, no way in hell would i cover for them again.

my last job i was the manager at the store but i never had any problems getting coworkers to come in, cover if i needed them to because i would always come at them correctly and let them know i would try to return the favor schedule wise when i could and just taking the extra time out to do that went a long way for me.

if you don't wanna go in, don't.

I like when they try to pull a guilt card or a sob story on you like it would make a difference.

Working retail I was pulling 30+ hours weekly. One month they started cutbacks and I got reduced to 18-21. That was 100+ out my pocket a week so I'm tight
mad.gif
laugh.gif

One of those days my manager called me up at 8 in the morning like:

Manager: Hey you wanna work 10 -7?

me: yes.

Manager: Yeah I was just asking because my dog is in the hospital and is having breathing issu- wait you said yes?

me: yeah dammit

If I hear a sob story from the jump I'm more inclined to say no. If they give me a time and ask if I want it then we good. nah mean?
laugh.gif

If it's your day off and he's calling then you're not required to go as far as I'm concerned. Eff him if you want to enjoy your day.

thats funny, I got called in to work tmrw by my supervisor when I had the day off, we dont like each other, but I need the money and why would I say no

Back
Top Bottom