Today is my day off but my boss is calling me..what should i do?

You cant really say you left your phone at home while running errand because seriously, who leaves their phone behind all the time purposely. Just dont answer.

just tell him IT WAS YOUR SCHEDULED DAY OFF. DAY OFF = day your not scheduled to work and because of that reason you decided to enjoy your day rather then toiling away at work.

Originally Posted by cs02132

I work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays but my boss is calling me to come in today. I don't want to work because I do deliveries and I will probably only make like 2 or 3 today and make like $7-10 and it would all have to go to gas. I haven't answered yet and he's called twice.. I dont know what to do though.. I mean he can't really do anything because its my day off, right?

First off, I always answer. Then tell him you're out of town... like downtown or something. Visiting your aunt in another county...etc. I always say I'm in China town and it would be another 30 minute to get back so it wouldn't be worth it.

Originally Posted by airforce416

Just say you went to the movies and you turned your phone of to be respectful
Jesus Christ himself could tell me that and I would respectfully tell him there is no Goddamn (no pun intended, bless me father...) that you actually turn your phone off during a movie
roll.gif

Pick up and go work lazy.. there is a illegal immigrant out there how would be more than happy to take your job for half the $ you are making.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Pick up and go work lazy.. there is a illegal immigrant out there how would be more than happy to take your job for half the $ you are making.
smh.gif
roll.gif

That's OD man, let the man have his day off.

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Can anyone help me with some good excuses for not being able to work?
Your head was decapitated in a horrible car wreck.
Perfect.

There has been an accident on 84-West. Cars have skidded off the road into the safety railing. Several cars have flipped. There is broken glass everywhere. Several people are injured.

I usually pick up the phone and just ask the what they want. If it's a day they need me to come in and I'm sort of free, I'll just tell them I can work only until X hour and I have to leave. That way, when I need a day off or get off early I just mention to them how i came in on a day off just to helpp out..works all the timee

- Man,
3e2156486ddd8104935d8bd69176ddd17059cc7.gif
them!

- It's YOUR day off; YOUR time.  You are doing them a favor simply by answering your phone on your time to discuss their nonsense.  I wouldn't pick-up at all
smh.gif
and if I did, it would only be to tell them to go kick rock.
laugh.gif

- Let it go to voicemail/answering machine. Preview what they want and then execute your decision from a position of power/preparation.knowledge...don't let them spring some bull
on you to fulfill their self-serving agenda.  You matter also; you are relevant....don't allow them to bully/pimp you on your time.

Don't answer, if it's that important, they'll leave a message. Can't stand it when my coworkers call me to ask me work related things on my day-off...SMH

I figure if people really need me they should leave a voice mail or text. If not I don't feel obligated to pick up or call back.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I figure if people really need me they should leave a voice mail or text. If not I don't feel obligated to pick up or call back.
This, I never could understand why people make a fuss about making up a lie or something. Its your scheduled day of you are in titled to it, just pick up and say no its my day of I have plans, you don't have to explain anything if you dont want to, unless your on call. But if you really need an excuse just say I'm babysitting my niece/friends kid works all the time.

Originally Posted by methedy23

- Man,
them!

- It's YOUR day off; YOUR time.  You are doing them a favor simply by answering your phone on your time to discuss their nonsense.  I wouldn't pick-up at all
smh.gif
and if I did, it would only be to tell them to go kick rock.
laugh.gif

- Let it go to voicemail/answering machine. Preview what they want and then execute your decision from a position of power/preparation.knowledge...don't let them spring some bull
on you to fulfill their self-serving agenda.  You matter also; you are relevant....don't allow them to bully/pimp you on your time.
man at my old job our manager would try and get us to come in on our day off.  if i was free and didn't have nothing else of importance to do, i would come in to make a little extra money because i choose to do it,  however with the good came the bad. my manager then assumed that i would cover any time he asked and that i would drop what i was doing when i had plans to come in and that crap pissed me off.

if i had stuff to do i would either ignore his calls or just tell him straight up i had plans to do.  i thought nothing of it until i found out he was telling our coworkers how he knew i was ignoring his calls because the phone would ring and ring when he called me and that i was avoiding comming in. dude got mad when i was like no #%#%, it's my day off i got stuff to do and it's not right of you to assume i'm going to drop my plans to cover for whatever reason you need me to.

that's the one negative about comming in on your day off,  you do it once, they start to assume you'll do it for them all the time

Back
Top Bottom