Todays TV ****ery.....

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by thaisativa1

pimp.gif
@ skank robbers
laugh.gif
I've been waiting to see those two classic characters on-screen together. Both of those characters were classic before Chappelle was anybody to speak of.

expect it fall/winter 2010 will also be lookin 4 extras in norcal/socal paul mooney helpin on the writing. will let yall know a lil more on the movie.
That soon.......wow.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by solefood229

I think we should show people that there are other aspects to black culture, and not labeling any person or thing that doesn't agree with you a +!*+, instead educate them.
I agree...people are quick to say 'so and so is shuckin and jivin' but never point out so and so doing their thing...there were the 3 guys at the awards last night that made a pact to go to college to become doctors which they did...there were the 3 people who put themselves through school, and the guy who became the mayor of a city where the Klan marched past his grandfather's house when he (the mayor) was a child...

But people complain about who's puttin on a show for white folk instead of just pushin em out the spotlight and highlighting those who are...i guess how we would like to be portrayed...

Ya'll so worried bout what other people think...you only help push the stereotypes...if we ignore them others will follow...

I'm sure most of ya'll in here probably loved the Chapelles Show when it was on...

what she said...

there's no variety in black TV...there's nothing wrong with the BS as long as there's something to counter it...

Thought I was the only one calling this shh ****ery in my everyday life.

Black ppl straight man-tanning for a check while black ppl at home giving them the laughs.

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

he was making people laugh at the expense of the black community. I used to watch the show and laugh ignorantly until i was enlightened by wisdom and maturity. ****ERY is exactly what that show was
WHAT?

C'mon Son
you can't really believe that
roll.gif

Originally Posted by pip777

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by thaisativa1

pimp.gif
@ skank robbers
laugh.gif
I've been waiting to see those two classic characters on-screen together. Both of those characters were classic before Chappelle was anybody to speak of.

expect it fall/winter 2010 will also be lookin 4 extras in norcal/socal paul mooney helpin on the writing. will let yall know a lil more on the movie.
That soon.......wow.

Most of the plot etc was already done just jamie had the busy schedule etc actually it was gonna be shenanah ke-lolo etc and the girls go out rob armoredtrucks, bounced the idea of wanda but then with intuition the tour etc it was postponed. so basically its just tweaking a few lines parts on jamies character,and then implementing a few of foxxhole characters.

but basically all is left is the filming. so far its suppose 2 be around october next yr but its all on jamie(album release valentines,then depending how goodit does if theres a tour) then also whether or not the show gets picked up(radio show) for tv sill in the works. but if all goes according 2 plan yea 2010 alsothe movie is moved from detroit 2 cali its a spinoff of set it off and mad money

5 months later tho?

Myt how you gonna cosign yourself tho?

But I tell my friends this all the time

They think I'm weird or I "act white" because I refuse to watch BET or typical ****ery on TV

"You never seen Baby Boy son?"

"nah man"

"Oh, you not black"

indifferent.gif

My friends are so ignorant.

Hell, I don't even listen to the radio anymore unless its WFAN

"Why you listening to sports radio son?"

"Im tired of hearing Drake, Weezy, and Empire state of Mind man."

"you a white boy son"

indifferent.gif

hood mentalities FTL

mytmouse76 wrote:
shortydoowopp wrote:
solefood229 wrote

I agree...people are quick to say 'so and so is shuckin and jivin' but never point out so and so doing their thing...there were the 3 guys at the awards last night that made a pact to go to college to become doctors which they did...there were the 3 people who put themselves through school, and the guy who became the mayor of a city where the Klan marched past his grandfather's house when he (the mayor) was a child...

But people complain about who's puttin on a show for white folk instead of just pushin em out the spotlight and highlighting those who are...i guess how we would like to be portrayed...

Ya'll so worried bout what other people think...you only help push the stereotypes...if we ignore them others will follow...

I'm sure most of ya'll in here probably loved the Chapelles Show when it was on...

what she said...

there's no variety in black TV...there's nothing wrong with the BS as long as there's something to counter it...

k1f6zr.gif

I don't think african americans have anything to try to prove or be ashamed off... the problem is bigger than all of us

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

5 months later tho?

Myt how you gonna cosign yourself tho?

But I tell my friends this all the time

They think I'm weird or I "act white" because I refuse to watch BET or typical ****ery on TV

"You never seen Baby Boy son?"

"nah man"

"Oh, you not black"

indifferent.gif

My friends are so ignorant.

Hell, I don't even listen to the radio anymore unless its WFAN

"Why you listening to sports radio son?"

"Im tired of hearing Drake, Weezy, and Empire state of Mind man."

"you a white boy son"

indifferent.gif

hood mentalities FTL
Yeah
smh.gif
I knew lames like that.

Get those squares out your circle.

EDIT

SNL is killing me with this ****ing BET parody

For those of you knockin Dave, there's stupidity and then there is ignorance. Dave's style of entertaining people can be looked at as stupid, so stupidthat it's funny. His characters are fictitious, and he knows where to draw the line when it comes to reality. Stupidity is knowing when something is wrongand doing it anyways, which is exactly what he does. Im sure he wouldn't go on Letterman as Tyrone Biggums unless it was for laughs.

Other forms of media and entertainment, let's say certain figures in the music industry and/or on reailty tv, that highlight and exploit the negative !@#%like throwing money on a crowded dance floor causing brawls, encouraging dealing drugs, cursing/fighting and acting like a fool for no legitimate reason etc.can be looked at as ignorant. Ignorance is behaving in a manner that doesn't distinguish right from wrong OR "just don't know no better"

Every race in this country is divided into sub-cultures, there isn't one specific culture for every race anymore that's just the world we live in now.But when it comes to the African American race, we've gone from slavery, to segregation, to the White House, so of course there are gonna be the moresensitive "self-hating !@#$" types who see the behavior of their sub-cultures in the black society and say it's setting us back.

There really is no right or wrong on this topic. If you can't overlook the "****ery" on TV and see there's a bigger picture then that'syour problem.

BTW a Late Night Dave Chappelle talk show>>>>Jimmy Fallon. Real Talk.

Originally Posted by Mr33andAbove

Every race in this country is divided into sub-cultures, there isn't one specific culture for every race anymore that's just the world we live in now. But when it comes to the African American race, we've gone from slavery, to segregation, to the White House, so of course there are gonna be the more sensitive "self-hating !@#$" types who see the behavior of their sub-cultures in the black society and say it's setting us back.
I agree that every race has subcultures or whatever you wanna call it but the thing with black people in entertainent is you rarely see that otherside...its always 'those black people" you see on TV that alot of others would like to distance themselves from...

i always wonder about other minority groups in America also...like Asians and Hispanics...they are under represented also...there was a post about Asians inentertainment before that was pretty good...

black people have ghetto ignorant ppl
white people have the 19inch spike mohawk rocker kids and emo skinny jeans "hey i can see your testicles" ppl
latino and asian ppl have all the wanna be racers with the civics and accords that sound like theyre doin about 900mph but they just shifted to 2nd gear ppl.

every1 has their own crappy ppl. so what? its funny!

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

white people have the 19inch spike mohawk rocker kids and emo skinny jeans "hey i can see your testicles" ppl
latino and asian ppl have all the wanna be racers with the civics and accords that sound like theyre doin about 900mph but they just shifted to 2nd gear ppl.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Least likely to be accepted, actually, they're not even in thesame range with the other descriptions you gave.[/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I'm not even going to attack this thread.....but this *@*# is pissing me off....[/color]

ChampionEdition wrote:

exactly every1 wanna be black, but no1 wants 2 be a n*##a.

Back
Top Bottom