Tom Brady MUST be relabeled a "choker" vol. You serious?

The Pats defense lost that game (that and well, the Giants defense won the game
laugh.gif
).
plain and simple.
If Zant had actually intercepted that ball or someone would've made a goddam tackle on Eli, we wouldn't be having this convo.
Brady is still the best QB in the game.

-J-

i honestly dont know why everyones putting full blame on the defense... they kept the giants to 17 points... last time these teams played it was 38-35, thatwas with Eli playing out of his mind throwing for 4 TD's.

the Pats offense was held to 14 points... thats where they lost the game to me.

so Tom Brady is supposed to match his season average in every game? if he ever throws under 4 TDs in a game, he choked? that is foolish... if that's whatyou think, then Brett Favre "choked" in a lot of his big games as well. he didnt have 400 yards and 4 TDs in all those games where he made a big play

and we aren't putting full blame on the defense. most people are spreading it out to the offensive line, and some bad decisions by Belichick as well.

but the 4th quarter? defense's fault.

Brady gave his team the lead with two minutes left. all he asked was for 1 of 4 guys to bring down an immobile QB on 3rd down when they have their hands aroundhim. this is Eli Manning here, not Mike Vick. dude moves like molasses. and then Roid Harrison, Asante, and everyone else in the Pats secondary had about 20seconds to locate a ball in the air, jump up, and knock it down, and not one of them could do that.

i don't think he chocked as much as people say he did. Dude just couldn't get his team close enough to beat the Giants.

Is it his fault the O-line couldn't protect him? No, but he was the man with the ball in his hands. And he over threw the ball too many times, anddidn't keep his composure.

I do agree with some of you when you say he gets too much credit sometimes.

i don't think he choked. Afterall he did give his team the lead with 2:30 left in the game...

With that said,
smh.gif
at the "greatest offense of all-time" only putting up 14 points

that is the fine line in sports.... brady gets the team the lead and the giants come back to win. brady is labelled "choker". but if assante catchesthe ball for INT or eli misses that miracle pass, Brady is clutch. brady has no control over any of that. he did what he needed to do. get the team the lead.and he did. now he had the most pressure in his career that night, and despite all that, did not throw an INT.....

now consider this..... Eli threw that crazy pass that 4/5 times would have been INT..... but it wasn't, so now Eli is the hero whereas if it was caught byharrison, Eli would have been the choker.

it's stupid. sometimes, stuff happens beyond your control. you can;t be labelled choker just like that.

the media throws around choking loosely. sure, peyton manning took a long time to win the superbowl but the choke label was unfair. he played tough teams(patriot teams on 3 occasions) that were built to beat the way the colts were. was that choking or just beat by a better team?

Originally Posted by JBug88

The Pats defense lost that game (that and well, the Giants defense won the game
laugh.gif
).
plain and simple.
If Zant had actually intercepted that ball or someone would've made a goddam tackle on Eli, we wouldn't be having this convo.
Brady is still the best QB in the game.

-J-

Agreed 100%
I mean honestly, right now who would you take at QB if you could take anyone in the league... Brady has done the most with the least, at least in the past...Guys like Deon Branch and David Givens earned money off Brady... Where are they now and what have they done since? Moss is the best thing to happen forTom's passing repertoire...

That pass was a lucky %*% pass. I dont know how Eli didnt get tackeled. It was KINDA the secondarys fault for not playing until the whistle but if you werewatching what happened down field you would of thought it was a sack.

The point is, that many of you seem to be missing... is that one player doesn't win championships or lose them.. so to call Peyton a choker all those yearsis just as ludicrous as to give Brady all the credit for winning those 3 titles... Neither is as good nor as bad as any moron throwing hyperbole around thinksthey are.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

The point is, that many of you seem to be missing... is that one player doesn't win championships or lose them.. so to call Peyton a choker all those years is just as ludicrous as to give Brady all the credit for winning those 3 titles... Neither is as good nor as bad as any moron throwing hyperbole around thinks they are.
You can choke and still win. It doesnt get as much publicity but it has happened.

brady thought plax saying they would only score 17 points was a joke he laughed at that, and they couldnt score that much.

no way is Brady a choker. Brady did his job...lead his team for the go ahead TD...but it was the Pats defense that choked. 2 years in a row (NYG &Colts)...when it was their strength during the Super Bowl title runs.

I'm not a fan of the Pats (Boys) but Brady is no choker. He's 3-1 in the Super Bowl. 4 for 4 is hard to do, hell winning 1 is hard to do so peopleshould lay off that choke thing. You have to take the things the media says with a grain of salt because there just pulling quotes out there %%+!! to getpeople to listen and read there stuff.

The Giants just straight up outplayed us. There was no choking. If any at all, it was Hobbs and Merriweather.

I love these guys who say that Brady is a choke artist. He had 30 seconds to at least get them into field goal range.
He still has the best offense in the league. He is still better than eli manning. Yes you guys beat us..but seriously for real now overall the giants are NOTbetter than the Patriots.

laugh.gif
you cannot be serious about Brady being a choke job. he's now lost 3 big games in career (Denver, Indy, and Giants) but has won so many more biggames at the same time (3 Superbowls, 4 AFC Championships, etc). the guy has 3 rings, two of which came from leading two minute drills down the field to set upvery MANAGEABLE field goals. look at all the 4th quarter comebacks. he's still a clutch QB.

and again, the Giant defensive line WON that game. Brady did not lose it, our defense did not lose it. that game was WON by the Giant defensive line, theystraight schooled those farm boys on our offensive line.

As much as I dislike him, he's not a choker. He's a good QB. He's proven that a few times over. Him and his team just got their %##$* handed tothem by a solid defense. I do think people rate him on a different scale however and he therefore tends to get the benefit of the doubt many times over otherprominent QBs in the league such as Peyton Manning. He's a bit overhyped thanks to the ESPN dickriding machine. Favre is a choker, Romo is a choker, butnot Brady.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

their offensive line lost the game for them
tired.gif

but still the Giants D played a hell of a game
pimp.gif
To an extent the Pats offensive line lost the game for them....Brady and the Pats STILL went up 14-10 on the Giants late in the 4th quarter. If Elididn't play as well as he did on that last drive, even a field goal wouldn't have helped NY. The Giants were just too determined to lose that game, andthe Giants basically outplayed the more talented team because they had something to prove and they came through.

Truth be told Brady was never "that good" to begin with. Just the right guy under the right circumstances. He never really drove his team downthe field in a key playoff game for a touchdown. It was Adam Vinaterri who won those Super Bowls, not Brady. When Brady was left to march down the field allby himself and win the big game you saw what happened, failure at its finest. For this to be the "so called" greatest team of all time they sure didlet alot of people down. I'd take Peyton over Brady anyday of the week twice on Sunday.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Got this from another internet message board:

"If the media applies the same reasoning to Tom Brady as they did to Peyton Manning, Brady MUST be relabeled a "choker." He has failed in the clutch in the playoffs for the last three seasons."

Discuss.

Wow
roll.gif
Sports talk with some of you idiots is basically a waste of timethis man (Brady) Already has three rings at 30 SORRY HE DIDN'T GO 4-0 IN SUPER BOWLS. Peyton will be LUCKy to play 2 super bowls (and oh yea i live inIndiana) But just be realistic

nah brady didn't choke. it's just that all the patriots got their senses knocked out. the patriots couldn't play worth a lick when it mattered themost. %$@# a 19-0 record, when you can't win the most important game because the other team is better, you didn't choke, you just suck.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Truth be told Brady was never "that good" to begin with. Just the right guy under the right circumstances. He never really drove his team down the field in a key playoff game for a touchdown. It was Adam Vinaterri who won those Super Bowls, not Brady. When Brady was left to march down the field all by himself and win the big game you saw what happened, failure at its finest. For this to be the "so called" greatest team of all time they sure did let alot of people down. I'd take Peyton over Brady anyday of the week twice on Sunday.

laugh.gif

funny how ONE loss in the SB changes the perception of a player's entire career...

out of all the stupid posts in this thread and in recent days, this man up there has undoubtedly the dumbest one...I'd say more, but it's evidenthe's just another salty cat (and i hate throwing that term around because it's starting to get overused) judging from the team he roots for and thefact that they took an L this year to the Patriots without even playing them...
laugh.gif

^ thank you dsk....someone needed to call that dude out for the ignorance he constantly drops

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Truth be told Brady was never "that good" to begin with. Just the right guy under the right circumstances. He never really drove his team down the field in a key playoff game for a touchdown. It was Adam Vinaterri who won those Super Bowls, not Brady. When Brady was left to march down the field all by himself and win the big game you saw what happened, failure at its finest. For this to be the "so called" greatest team of all time they sure did let alot of people down. I'd take Peyton over Brady anyday of the week twice on Sunday.

I thought I was the only one who looked at it like this. When you think about Montana or Bradshaw or Aikman, you think of them throwing touchdowns. Bradyjusts gets field goals. I will forever believe that his defense won his Super Bowls. Give Peyton Manning that defense and I guarantee he would have morerings than Brady. And I know hte O line got beat up against the Giants but isn't it the quarterbacks job to get guys in position to succeed. If you seeyou guys getting beat up in the first quarter why not start audibling to more protection. Faulk can block. They had a healthy TE they didn't have infirst game against the Giants who can block his xxx off. Seemed like Belicheck was tryin to win Tom Brady the Super Bowl MVP, stayin in empty back sets.

Back
Top Bottom