Tom Brady MUST be relabeled a "choker" vol. You serious?

Seriously anyone who blames Brady for that loss doesnt know much about football and I am going to leave it at that.

It isnt even a matter of someones opinion or not.

That was the most dominant defensive line performance I have seen IN MY LIFE. But that is Brady's fault I guess.

And I know hte O line got beat up against the Giants but isn't it the quarterbacks job to get guys in position to succeed. If you see you guys getting beat up in the first quarter why not start audibling to more protection. Faulk can block. They had a healthy TE they didn't have in first game against the Giants who can block his xxx off. Seemed like Belicheck was tryin to win Tom Brady the Super Bowl MVP, stayin in empty back sets.
Some times you can call the perfect play. (which they did many times) and sometimes you can max protect (which they did SOME times) and it justdoesnt work. They got MANHANDLED up front it didnt seem to matter what they did. Any time Brady had time he moved the ball especially at the end of the game.So what did Brady do wrong exactly? Someone please fill me in.

During the last drive with 30 seconds left. I saw the giants rush 3 lineman and get pressure on Brady from both sides. How is he suppose to do anything against8 in coverage if he only has 3-4 seconds to throw when you have to go 80 yards? I dont get what people expected him to do.

Some times you can call the perfect play. (which they did many times) and sometimes you can max protect (which they did SOME times) and it just doesnt work. They got MANHANDLED up front it didnt seem to matter what they did. Any time Brady had time he moved the ball especially at the end of the game. So what did Brady do wrong exactly? Someone please fill me in.

Couple wide passes. Looked less accurate than Eli Manning. Pretty much sums it up. And the not putting more blockers in. That falls on the OC, center,and quarterback. You don't just stop being the best offensive line in the league. Where was his leadership? Something.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

This is seriously starting to get annoying. The Patriots haters are probably the lamest bunch since the Laker bandwagon cats with flags on their cars.
smh.gif
Word. The Giants just outplayed the Pats. Period. And where did all this Brady hate come from? Never knew so many people hated him.

not to make excuses, but i think the feeling is that Brady's ankle was worse than what everyone thought it would be. troy aikman even pointed it out duringthe came that he had issues getting into a good step to throw. of course, with additional pressure, the problem becomes magnified. and normally, he's alotmore mobile, rushing for yards, stepping back and forth. it was like he was staying still the other day. he won't make the excuse though and will play downthe injury.

and regarding choking? well, let's see, Brady has won 3 superbowls this decade. peyton, eli, ben have 1 each. and that guy from tampa from 02 (i can;tremember has one too). so Brady is a choker but he's the worse choker out of all QBs this decade (worse as in all the other QB's choke more than hedoes since he has more rings than them).....

Originally Posted by Jordan23Head

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Got this from another internet message board:

"If the media applies the same reasoning to Tom Brady as they did to Peyton Manning, Brady MUST be relabeled a "choker." He has failed in the clutch in the playoffs for the last three seasons."

Discuss.

Wow
roll.gif
Sports talk with some of you idiots is basically a waste of time this man (Brady) Already has three rings at 30 SORRY HE DIDN'T GO 4-0 IN SUPER BOWLS. Peyton will be LUCKy to play 2 super bowls (and oh yea i live in Indiana) But just be realistic

Maybe you missed the part where it said I got this from another internet message board. Remember kids, reading is fundamental

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Truth be told Brady was never "that good" to begin with. Just the right guy under the right circumstances. He never really drove his team down the field in a key playoff game for a touchdown. It was Adam Vinaterri who won those Super Bowls, not Brady. When Brady was left to march down the field all by himself and win the big game you saw what happened, failure at its finest. For this to be the "so called" greatest team of all time they sure did let alot of people down. I'd take Peyton over Brady anyday of the week twice on Sunday.

******ed. At it's finest. He freaking threw the go ahead TD. His D didn't close out...of course you would know this if you had watched the game.

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

Some times you can call the perfect play. (which they did many times) and sometimes you can max protect (which they did SOME times) and it just doesnt work. They got MANHANDLED up front it didnt seem to matter what they did. Any time Brady had time he moved the ball especially at the end of the game. So what did Brady do wrong exactly? Someone please fill me in.

Couple wide passes. Looked less accurate than Eli Manning. Pretty much sums it up. And the not putting more blockers in. That falls on the OC, center, and quarterback. You don't just stop being the best offensive line in the league. Where was his leadership? Something.

Can you name one QB in the NFL who maintains their accuracy when they are under pressure?

Its not always as simple as just "putting more blockers it" That doesnt always give the Patriots an advantage because then there are less options forBrady. He will have more time yes to throw to covered recievers. Their best personel is a 3 WR 1 TE and 1 RB package. The Giants had Tom so shook that he wasgetting the ball out of there just because he THOUGHT he was gonna get sacked that is how good they were playing.

I am pretty sure the Patriots have had trouble protecting against quite a few teams. Where is this notion that they have the best line in the league come fromanyway? The Eagles gave them hell. The Giants the first time gave them hell and the Ravens gave them hell. They are a good unit and play well together but Idunno about the best.

The bottom line is if you can get pressure on a QB without blitzing you can beat ANYONE. Brady didnt play his best game but that was far from choking. He hadbetter numbers then Eli and he didnt throw any picks.

I dont like the Pats or the Giants but at least I can see what really happened in this game.

Giants Defensive Line>>>>Patriots Offensive Line.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

p1_vinatieri.jpg
That's what happens when you lose the most clutch player on your team.

agreed. Kickers are underated, there is no price for a reliable, clutch kicker. Im not tryng to label him a choker. but he really did not have 1 playoffgame that stood out as excellent this year, i mmean the Pats were so good that if they get the stops they still win, but Brady wouldnt have been MVP. He wasconsistently putting up huge games in the regular season, but his play was not nearly as nice all through the playoffs.

I said this before the game started on Sunday...

"Whatever happens, whether the patriots win or lose, they (including Tom Brady especially) will be talked about a whole LOT!!!!

BTW for those who say, "Oh he only had 30 seconds." I'm sorry but that is a lot of time for the most "CLUTCH" QB in the leagueaccording to some of you people.

Don't praise someone for being the best in the NFL and then make up excuses for him saying, Oh he only had 30 seconds. Please don't make excuses forthe guy when he didn't make any himself.

Originally Posted by ghettokamel1

"Whatever happens, whether the patriots win or lose, they (including Tom Brady especially) will be talked about a whole LOT!!!!

BTW for those who say, "Oh he only had 30 seconds." I'm sorry but that is a lot of time for the most "CLUTCH" QB in the league according to some of you people.

Don't praise someone for being the best in the NFL and then make up excuses for him saying, Oh he only had 30 seconds. Please don't make excuses for the guy when he didn't make any himself.

Good call. I do recall Eli scoring a touchdown against the Cowboys with only like 47 sec left. Brady knows pressure is coming. That is not an excuse forwide throws. If you're the best in the league, you take that hit. And he had a throw to Faulk over the middle that was down and behind him, with no bodyaround him. Would have been a huge gain too. Don't take my criticism as "Brady sucks". I wouldn't go that far. But hella overrated. YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

Originally Posted by ghettokamel1

BTW for those who say, "Oh he only had 30 seconds." I'm sorry but that is a lot of time for the most "CLUTCH" QB in the league according to some of you people.

Don't praise someone for being the best in the NFL and then make up excuses for him saying, Oh he only had 30 seconds. Please don't make excuses for the guy when he didn't make any himself.

Good call. I do recall Eli scoring a touchdown against the Cowboys with only like 47 sec left. Brady knows pressure is coming. That is not an excuse for wide throws. If you're the best in the league, you take that hit. And he had a throw to Faulk over the middle that was down and behind him, with no body around him. Would have been a huge gain too. Don't take my criticism as "Brady sucks". I wouldn't go that far. But hella overrated. YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

To be honest it isnt even the "brady sucks" thing that has me perplexed by peoples opinon of this game.

What bothers me is the fact that people do not realize how AMAZING the Giants D-line played. They have not gotten enough credit in my opinion. They had 5 sacksbut any other QB out side of Peyton Manning would have probably got sacked 10 times in that game. They had so much consistent pressure and penetration theyRATTLED the QB that never gets rattled. People really dont realize how good Osi, Tuck, and Strahan played they do not get the fanfare they deserve for that.

funny how ONE loss in the SB changes the perception of a player's entire career...

out of all the stupid posts in this thread and in recent days, this man up there has undoubtedly the dumbest one...I'd say more, but it's evident he's just another salty cat (and i hate throwing that term around because it's starting to get overused) judging from the team he roots for and the fact that they took an L this year to the Patriots without even playing them...
laugh.gif

^ thank you dsk....someone needed to call that dude out for the ignorance he constantly drops
******ed. At it's finest. He freaking threw the go ahead TD. His D didn't close out...of course you would know this if you had watched the game.

Just take a look at the comments from these 3 clowns, one asinine comment after the other, sad. As I stated before, Brady is good but he aint "thatgood". When it was time to drive his team back down the field for the go-ahead score and victory to the Super Bowl on Sunday what did he do, he came upshort. No perfection, no championship, no ring, simple as that. I wouldn't say that makes his a choke artist per say, but even had he won on Sunday, Istill wouldn't label him as the greatest quarterback of all time, I'll let you dudes do that, only to get laughed at immediately there after. Whatsignature moves/memories do people really have of Brady?? When you think of Montana, Elway, Favre, even Peyton, you think of key drives or key memories ofthem leading their team down the field for a touchdown, not some lousy field goal attempt, but an actual touchdown. When Brady fills those shoes, let me know. Until then he and his team with their "so called" perfection quest are nothing more than a bunch of frauds..........and maybe you dudes are the sameas well.

Which game were you watching on Sunday?

Pats took the lead with less than 3 mins to go. Their defense failed and allowed the Giants to go the distance of the field and score the game winning td.

No QB would've won the game in those circumstances...30 secs left, 85 yards to go, insane pressure applied by the Giants d-line.

The Patriots were the best team all season and Brady was the best QB all season but the Giants were the better team on Super Bowl Sunday.

funny how ONE loss in the SB changes the perception of a player's entire career...

out of all the stupid posts in this thread and in recent days, this man up there has undoubtedly the dumbest one...I'd say more, but it's evident he's just another salty cat (and i hate throwing that term around because it's starting to get overused) judging from the team he roots for and the fact that they took an L this year to the Patriots without even playing them...
laugh.gif

^ thank you dsk....someone needed to call that dude out for the ignorance he constantly drops

Just take a look at the comments from these 3 clowns, one asinine comment after the other, sad. As I stated before, Brady is good but he aint "that good". When it was time to drive his team back down the field for the go-ahead score and victory to the Super Bowl on Sunday what did he do, he came up short. No perfection, no championship, no ring, simple as that. I wouldn't say that makes his a choke artist per say, but even had he won on Sunday, I still wouldn't label him as the greatest quarterback of all time, I'll let you dudes do that, only to get laughed at immediately there after. What signature moves/memories do people really have of Brady?? When you think of Montana, Elway, Favre, even Peyton, you think of key drives or key memories of them leading their team down the field for a touchdown, not some lousy field goal attempt, but an actual touchdown. When Brady fills those shoes, let me know. Until then he and his team with their "so called" perfection quest are nothing more than a bunch of frauds..........and maybe you dudes are the same as well.

Yea you couldn't have watched the game....had his defense gotten a stop that "memory" would have been the TD pass to Moss for the game. Heckit could be next year for all we know. Talk about an asinine statement.

laugh.gif

Just take a look at the comments from these 3 clowns, one asinine comment after the other, sad. As I stated before, Brady is good but he aint "that good". When it was time to drive his team back down the field for the go-ahead score and victory to the Super Bowl on Sunday what did he do, he came up short. No perfection, no championship, no ring, simple as that. I wouldn't say that makes his a choke artist per say, but even had he won on Sunday, I still wouldn't label him as the greatest quarterback of all time, I'll let you dudes do that, only to get laughed at immediately there after. What signature moves/memories do people really have of Brady?? When you think of Montana, Elway, Favre, even Peyton, you think of key drives or key memories of them leading their team down the field for a touchdown, not some lousy field goal attempt, but an actual touchdown. When Brady fills those shoes, let me know. Until then he and his team with their "so called" perfection quest are nothing more than a bunch of frauds..........and maybe you dudes are the same as well.

you lose all credibility by even mentioning elway's name in the same sentence as montana. for an 80's niners fan, you should know how abysmal of achoker elway was in superbowls......

didnt he score the last time the offensive was on the field??? come on now... there is no way this guy is a choker, i hate him just as much as the next guy butcome on.

wow, the level of stupidity on the NT Sports & Training section is officially at an all time HIGH...
laugh.gif

idiots co-signing other idiots...comedy at its finest
roll.gif

I have a new level of respect for those (some ******* fans in here among others) who can put their emotions as a fan aside and distinguish FACT from FICTION.

the thread should have pretty much ended after here:

Which game were you watching on Sunday?

Pats took the lead with less than 3 mins to go. Their defense failed and allowed the Giants to go the distance of the field and score the game winning td.

No QB would've won the game in those circumstances...30 secs left, 85 yards to go, insane pressure applied by the Giants d-line.

The Patriots were the best team all season and Brady was the best QB all season but the Giants were the better team on Super Bowl Sunday.

Like I said, some of you dudes carry the emotion of w/e the Patriots did to your team this year or in previous years and take that shhhhhh to heart...it'sridiculous.
laugh.gif

Let me guess...you only watch one football game a year, and that would happen to be the Super Bowl?

The Patriots O-Line (which played great as a unit during the regular season) were MANHANDLED by the Giants D-Line during the SuperBowl...if Eli didn't winthe MVP award, you might well have given it to the entire group of the Giants defensive lineman because of the pressure they brought to Brady the entire game.Tom Brady took his worst beating of the year by that group and this would affect any human being on the planet because if you get rushed on and pressured thatmany times in a game...you're FORCED to throw the ball quicker, hence some of the throws he had which were off. WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING THISAN ISSUE OF HOW BRADY PERFORMED AND NO ONE IS GIVING CREDIT FOR THE JOB THE GIANTS D-LINE DID ON SUNDAY...? ONE PLUS ONE EQUALS TWO, PEOPLE...IT'S NOT THATHARD TO COMPREHEND.

Good call. I do recall Eli scoring a touchdown against the Cowboys with only like 47 sec left. Brady knows pressure is coming. That is not an excuse for wide throws. If you're the best in the league, you take that hit. And he had a throw to Faulk over the middle that was down and behind him, with no body around him. Would have been a huge gain too. Don't take my criticism as "Brady sucks". I wouldn't go that far. But hella overrated.

LOL

This man dares to compare Eli's drive vs. the Cowboys (47 seconds left...IN THE FIRST HALF, you nimwit
roll.gif
) to Brady's drive against the Giantswith his offensive line getting destroyed the whole game (look to your left...Brady just got sacked again!), having the biggest emotional letdown any playercould have (driving his team to a TD and DOING HIS JOB while the defense doesn't do theirs and gives up the lead he just got for his team), in the damnSuperbowl with 35 seconds left and everyone and their mama knowing Brady was throwing deep every time he touched the ball.

Log off, please.

As I stated before, Brady is good but he aint "that good". When it was time to drive his team back down the field for the go-ahead score and victory to the Super Bowl on Sunday what did he do, he came up short. No perfection, no championship, no ring, simple as that. I wouldn't say that makes his a choke artist per say, but even had he won on Sunday, I still wouldn't label him as the greatest quarterback of all time, I'll let you dudes do that, only to get laughed at immediately there after. What signature moves/memories do people really have of Brady?? When you think of Montana, Elway, Favre, even Peyton, you think of key drives or key memories of them leading their team down the field for a touchdown, not some lousy field goal attempt, but an actual touchdown. When Brady fills those shoes, let me know. Until then he and his team with their "so called" perfection quest are nothing more than a bunch of frauds..........and maybe you dudes are the same as well.

What did he do?...He got his team the TD, that's what he did.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did you experience some sort of memory loss before Eli had his drive?...Or did you just decide to wipe the fact that Brady led his team down the field for a TD(
eek.gif
OH MY GOD!...It wasn't a Field Goal from Vinatieri?) to put them upby 3 with less than 3 minutes remaining.

Yep, Brady came up short...he sucks.

Also, I love how this guy put Favre and Manning in the same sentence as Montana and Elway (regarding key drives in the playoffs).
laugh.gif

And then proceeds to say "when Brady fills in those shoes".
laugh.gif

roll.gif

This thread is making up for the last couple of weeks with no new episodes of Family Guy....I love it.

And where did all this Brady hate come from? Never knew so many people hated him.

Is this your first time here on S&T?

...ayo what happened? I didn't mean to dead the thread like that...
laugh.gif

I feel like having a chuckle or two so I'm hoping one of you peasants who tried arguing with me responds back to my previous post...

I'll be waiting.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

yo sick. stop say peasant so much i feel like i'm in the damn medievil times.

brady is good. but the entire pats team is overrated. even when they went the perfect season i stated that they were overrrated.

alot of ppl in the superbowl thread mentioned that the entire eli to tyree catch was luck.

if u watch football and not just the superbowl, you will realize that the pats had some luck on their side. by luck i mean stupid plays from the opposingteams, time outs that didnt need to be called, etc.

brady is a clutch qb. but you can't be clutch when your not on the field.

i liked eli, but i did not believe that i would be calling him clutch, which he was on his final drive.

his last drive>>>brady's last drive.

and for the ppl saying the pats are still better than the giants.

i mean come on. the pinnacle of american sports is the championship. the title. look at the knicks in the late 90's. after MJ retired, these guys playedawesome. houston, ewing, starks lol.

but what happened to the knicks. failure. the pats failure is magnified, not beacuse of how much brady choked, but how well he and the pats played"perfectly" until the only game that mattered.

regualr season won't mean jack unless u win it all. take it from a very disappointed yanks fan the past few seasons.

so in the end an average team with an young qb and an amazing defense won the superbowl.

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

yo sick. stop say peasant so much i feel like i'm in the damn medievil times.

laugh.gif

ayo my bad, i just had to wild out a little bit because these.......pe-....people
grin.gif
don't know what the hell they're talking about and are just talking out of their $!%

I disagree with you on some of what you posted but the general truth is the Patriots were not the better team when the Giants played them and the Giantsbeasted upon a weakness they had (which is if you punch them in the mouth, they'll come back down to Earth)...I don't understand why people refuse totalk about how good the Giants played them, yet want to yap about how poor the Pats played compared to their reg. season games. Those people + the ones whowere calling a blowout before the game by the Pats
eyes.gif
are morons.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

p1_vinatieri.jpg
That's what happens when you lose the most clutch player on your team.

agreed. Kickers are underated, there is no price for a reliable, clutch kicker. Im not tryng to label him a choker. but he really did not have 1 playoff game that stood out as excellent this year, i mmean the Pats were so good that if they get the stops they still win, but Brady wouldnt have been MVP. He was consistently putting up huge games in the regular season, but his play was not nearly as nice all through the playoffs.

Really? I guess you forgot about that game against Jacksonville where he was 26/28, throwing for 258 yards, 3 TD's and 0 INTS.

Back
Top Bottom