Tom Brady to miss 2009 season too????

DeadsetAce

Supporter
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Report: Pats' Brady well behind in schedule for return

ESPN.com news services

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has fallen behind in his recovery efforts from knee surgery and could risk missing next season if a second operation is needed, NBCSports.com has reported. Brady, who underwent surgery on Oct. 6 after tearing the ACL and MCL ligaments in his left knee in the first quarter of the season's first game, had subsequent operations on the knee after it became infected. That infection resulted in a buildup of scar tissue, which may require surgery on the knee, the Web site reported, citing an anonymous NFL source. The scar tissue has also affected Brady's ability to fully begin rehabilitating his leg, the report said, and the repaired ligaments remain loose. Another surgery could also be needed for that condition, the Web site reported. Backup quarterback Matt Cassel replaced Brady as the starter and has helped lead the Patriots (10-5) to the verge of a playoff berth.
SMH
frown.gif

Cassel's off the market officially...

The NFL hasn't been the same without Brady
frown.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

frown.gif

True.

If he fell behind in his rehab, is that Brady's fault for being lazy or is that his body simply not responding to the treatment like the doctors had hoped?

Brady doesn't seem like the type that would be lazy with his rehab...his knee's probably not responding like it should

Originally Posted by AG 47

frown.gif

True.

If he fell behind in his rehab, is that Brady's fault for being lazy or is that his body simply not responding to the treatment like the doctors had hoped?

I don't know but he didn't participate in the voluntary offseason workouts for the first time this year. Eff you Gisele!
mad.gif

Even if Brady was set to return next season, I still think the Pats should re-sign Matt Cassel.

I doubt Brady was being lazy -- didn't he suffer from staph infection after the surgery? That slowed him down already, so I imagine that is still affectinghim ...

I cant stand Tom Brady but i wouldnt wish this type of injury on the guy...

I hope he comes back and sucks big #+$%

Brady doesn't seem like the type that would be lazy with his rehab...his knee's probably not responding like it should

That's what I'm thinking.

Is this Brady-Bledsoe II in the making?
eek.gif

And is Gisele Brady's Jessica Simpson?
laugh.gif

Lions/Niners fans are crying in their soup right now.

[Chris Berman] Nobody want's to see Tom Brady miss another season [/Chris Berman]

I really don't wanna see anybody down for an extended period like that, even Peyton Manning, it's just not the same. I hope he ends up ok for nextseason and this is a "worst case scenario if something goes wrong possibility"

JPZx wrote:

frown.gif

True.

I don't know, I hate to make accusations without warrant but this seems like something that a professional like Brady and an NFL medical staff should havebeen able to prevent or at least work around .

I really hope he doesn't have to have another surgery, that would completely destroy their time table for getting him back. I don't understand how thebuild up of scar tissue would get THAT out of control though. Even if his body didn't respond well, it makes no sense. Due to genetics i developed a keloidon my knee and I was able to cope and keep the development of scar tissue under control when i had the same surgery. These guys have the best when it comes totraining staffs and rehabilitation.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

JPZx wrote:

frown.gif

True.

I don't know, I hate to make accusations without warrant but this seems like something that a professional like Brady and an NFL medical staff should have been able to prevent or at least work around .

I really hope he doesn't have to have another surgery, that would completely destroy their time table for getting him back. I don't understand how the build up of scar tissue would get THAT out of control though. Even if his body didn't respond well, it makes no sense. Due to genetics i developed a keloid on my knee and I was able to cope and keep the development of scar tissue under control when i had the same surgery. These guys have the best when it comes to training staffs and rehabilitation.

That's one of the issues, the Patriots are pissed because Brady got the surgery done by a doctor in California who was recommended by Brady's familyinstead of getting the surgery done in Boston by the doctors the Patriots wanted him to go to.

Back
Top Bottom