Top 5 Selling RUNNING Shoes (projectbluefoot.com)

via: Project Bluefoot / @projectbluefoot

TOP SELLERS - RUNNING FOOTWEAR (last week)

1.) Nike Women's Shox Classic II White/White/Metallic Silver

2.) Nike Men's Air Max Torch+ Black/Black/Grey

3.) Nike Men's Shox NZ Black/Black/Metallic Silver

4.) Nike Men's Shox Classic II SI White/Metallic Silver/Black

5.) Nike Men's Air Max+ 2009 Black/Gold/Grey

Clean sweep by the Swoosh...

was that based on fashion? as much as i love nike, i'd never buy a pair to actually run in. i always recommend asics or new balance. i do love my am 09though!!!

4 craps and 1 yes. in that order.

asics , mizuno, brooks, reebok, adidas.. all produce equally great "performance" runners.. obviously this isnt equated into that list.

no offense to shoxs but at $120, they just dont provide any true running enhancements, yet people love them. consumers cant just jump up to $135 and get atruly top of the line performance shoe?

Steez, I miss your sales reports regarding basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

was that based on fashion? as much as i love nike, i'd never buy a pair to actually run in. i always recommend asics or new balance. i do love my am 09 though!!!
Most likely...the Shox are crap, i dont understand why soo many people still continue to buy them.

How can you run in them things? They should be considered training shoes...because they are seriously not meant to be ran in.

*edit: Oh and always appreciate the updates Steez.

^^^ to u shox may not be good for running but I love running in them. My Shox TL3's are the best running shoe I ever bought. Running shoe preference boilsdown to what makes u comfortable. I go running and hoop on AM's and Shox. Both are all-around shoes to me.

All of those are Nike's fluff shoes. The Bowerman line is where the best functionality comes through.

This makes sense considering that most people do not run and wear them for casual wear. The colorways are all neutral (black/and or white based) to be easilyworn with uniforms or street clothes. I'd like to see the top ten technical running shoes from specialty stores. I see a lot of ASICS, Mizuno, and adidasat Memorial Park here in Houston.

Originally Posted by CWK

This makes sense considering that most people do not run and wear them for casual wear. The colorways are all neutral (black/and or white based) to be easily worn with uniforms or street clothes. I'd like to see the top ten technical running shoes from specialty stores. I see a lot of ASICS, Mizuno, and adidas at Memorial Park here in Houston.

Exactly.

These shoes are CLASSIFED as running shoes but seriously only two of them would be used by people for running. I really don't think ANYONE is dumb enoughto run in the Shox in that list.

Also, what exactly is your point with starting this post? I don't see your angle at all. Please inform us.

the list would be better if it separated fashion running shoes like the shox classics and technical running shoes like asics, mizuno, etc.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by CWK

This makes sense considering that most people do not run and wear them for casual wear. The colorways are all neutral (black/and or white based) to be easily worn with uniforms or street clothes. I'd like to see the top ten technical running shoes from specialty stores. I see a lot of ASICS, Mizuno, and adidas at Memorial Park here in Houston.

Exactly.

These shoes are CLASSIFED as running shoes but seriously only two of them would be used by people for running. I really don't think ANYONE is dumb enough to run in the Shox in that list.
QFT x2

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Also, what exactly is your point with starting this post? I don't see your angle at all. Please inform us.
I know Steez aka John...he posts the best selling shoes merely for discussion sake. Kind of like Soundscan for shoes.

Seems like he was trying to start a war or something with the "clean sweep" statement and RUNNING being in caps.
laugh.gif

i think even nike themselves considers the shox classics to be like a casual or street shoe, that shoe is definitely not a runner and shouldnt be on this list

Yeah they still stock them with their running shoes for some reason. That needs to change ASAP because there are people who will buy stuff like that forrunning if not properly informed by employees at said store. Seriously, how can you pick up that shoe and be like "oh man, I wanna log some miles inthese!"
laugh.gif

Thats just like people buying Jordan Jeters or the Jordan Trunner or Single Coverage just because its in the basketball section. Its sad, but the averageperson doesnt know. Remember when Shox years ago was said to be a great running shoes, now to me people go off of that history and buy them....now days its astatus symbol of fashion...

The lists are posted as facts. They give you a window into what's actually selling, instead of imaginary/hypotheticals that some people like to come upwith. It gives you insight into why companies bring certain models back over and over again, or why certain colorways release, or what the current mass markettrends are. Don't know where you got the "war" angle as I've posted these lists for a long minute. I don't get royalty checks on any ofthese shoes, so I really couldn't care less what people think of them. They are provided as a rare glimpse into industry numbers and they give you contextfor what companies put out on the market, instead of coming up with your own theories. That's it.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

The Bowerman line is where the best functionality comes through.

QFT. The Bowerman line is the top seller in quantity and money for Men's footwear in one of the outlets in Oregon...

Back
Top Bottom