Top 5 southern albums ever

Repped for posting that Soulja Slim album."The Streets Made Me" is one of my favorites.

Man hold up...Im an old head (stay flo starch down jeans or dickies wit the j's). Heres some albums i remember; no particular order.
8ball mjg outside looking in & comin out hard
scarface diary
Esg ocean of funk
Street military dont give a damn
dayton family whats on my mind & fbi
south park mexican double disc power moves
crime boss all in the game
Master p ghettos tryin to kill me & 99 ways to die
tru true
5th ward boyz rated g
Honorable mentions....5th ward juvenilez g groove, spice 1(not southern)187 he wrote
Im 36 if that matters lol

Man hold up...Im an old head (stay flo starch down jeans or dickies wit the j's). Heres some albums i remember; no particular order.
8ball mjg outside looking in & comin out hard
scarface diary
Esg ocean of funk
Street military dont give a damn
dayton family whats on my mind & fbi
south park mexican double disc power moves
crime boss all in the game
Master p ghettos tryin to kill me & 99 ways to die
tru true
5th ward boyz rated g
Honorable mentions....5th ward juvenilez g groove, spice 1(not southern)187 he wrote
Im 36 if that matters lol
Great albums man and naw it dont matter lol im only 22

Any list with Coming Out Hard, 400 Degreez and TM101 is good with me.

The other two spots I would have to go with the best Outkast album and the best UGK album, which for me is difficult to decide.

Atlanta would be the only city with two albums in the top 5. But coming from two totally different eras in sound and content.

Only area not represented that has really been a major staple is Florida. To be honest I cant think of any album off the top of my head that would really enter the conversation from a Florida artist.

Mississippi aint never really been prominent outside of Banner and Krit, but KRIT Wuz Here is a top 5 album if we fully accept it as an album and not a mixtape, which in my eyes it is an album.

Surprised I didnt see this bad boy posted tho... High School this album was the one!

View media item 1847160

Never was that big of a 400 degreez fan. With that said.....

Southernplayalistic....
Diary
Soul Food
Dirty Money
Atliens

Honorable Mention

Life or Death
Chopper City in the Ghetto
Aquemini
Trap Muzik
...The Dude

1472 has some real bangers. JD is very underrated. He's been a part of a lot of classics and has some hard *** beats. Very underrated guy in music.

No Order All Based Off Moments In Life.

- Outkast-- Aquemini 

- UGK-- Ridin Dirty 

- Juvenile-- 400 Degreez

- Young Jeezy-- TM101

- 8 Ball MJG-- Comin Out Hard 

Notables: Trao Muzik, Kings Of Crunk, Back For The First Time, Ghetto D, Chopper City in the Ghetto, When The Smoke Clears

Where does 36 Mafia fit into all of this?

They up there. Da Unbreakable's & Choices II are personal favorites of mine.

That beat on "Bin Laden" was insane....and that introduced me to Lil Wyte. Too bad Wyte too much of a junkie :lol:.

^^^ it's always been that way with cats from VA. Technically VA is the south, but those cats, at least cats I come across in the Navy don't identify as southern, they have more up top demeanor about them.

^^^ it's always been that way with cats from VA. Technically VA is the south, but those cats, at least cats I come across in the Navy don't identify as southern, they have more up top demeanor about them.

Naw, VA cats definitely consider themselves southern. Got a lot of fam down there 757/804.....and they most def rep the south. I'm from Baltimore, they call me and my bro "city boys".

Now those Northern VA dudes identify with DC more since it's in that area. And DMV dudes don't consider themselves southern.

7 cities and Richmond/Petersburg/Hopewell are southern though.

TI music was wack(see im serious) till he used a "created" beef with lil flip and that psc mix tape/scarface skit to springboard off of.... 

Last edited:
Not an official album but that jeezy gangsta grillz trap or die mixtape is best mixtape ever.....that joint changed the south forever!

Back
Top Bottom