Top 5 Teams In Baseball

i'm a little biased being that i'm a met fan, but here's my top 5

1. Red Sox (Hate 'em but they just won the series and the same teams there)
2. Tigers (Dontrelle and Miggy)
3. Mets (JOHAN)
4. Yankees (Let's see if Joba can start)
5. Indians (C.C. and Carmona are a year older and now have some playoff experience)

1 and 2 are okay. You have to give it to the Red Sox until the Tigers beat them this year.

I am going on record saying that this will be the year the Yankees miss the playoffs. Mark that. It's got to be between the Yankees and Indians to miss.

I'm sorry, but the Dodgers are NOT better than the Mets (pitching staff is better now, and although they have a nice young lineup, they need to improve ontheir situational hitting), or the Yanks for that matter.

1) Boston
2) Tigers
3) Mets
4) Indians
5a) Yankees (maybe, a lot to prove with their staff)
5b) Dodgers (maybe, their clutch hitting was very poor last season, and have to compete w\ Padres & Diamondbacks).

I would put the Phillies @ 6 if it were to go that far.

they need to improve on their situational hitting
That's the worst argument I've ever heard.

The kids can hit. If Matt Kemp hits 30 HR and OPSes like .900 am I really going to care if he advances a runner to third with one out?

Mez hates Andruw

1. Red Sox
2. Tigers
3. Indians
4. Diamondbacks
5. Angels

Shoot, I forgot about the Angels, I would probably swap them to 5 with the Yankees 6.

...and when did I say I hate Andruw.

...as for situational hitting, I meant to say "clutch" hitting, which the Dodgers had problems wit last season (along with the Mets until theyobtained Castillo and had more of a set lineup)

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

they need to improve on their situational hitting
That's the worst argument I've ever heard.

The kids can hit. If Matt Kemp hits 30 HR and OPSes like .900 am I really going to care if he advances a runner to third with one out?

Mez One, initially I scoffed when P Mac said that the Dodgers could hit.....but if you do the research, the Dodgers were 3rd in the NL with a .275. You areright, P Mac.

What baffles me - the Rockies win the NL and don't make this list?

J/k on the Andruw but i think the Mets are NOT in the top 5 team list they don't have the 1-2 aces.

i think the yanks will be back to form...they'll be right with boston. those young pitchers got their feet wet last season and will do work. should be atight one in the AL East, as far as Sox and Yanks

Originally Posted by jpap348

Dodgers instead of Yankees and your list is straight

roll.gif

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

1.Marlins (enough said)
Go Fish!!!
Hanley and Dan Uggla leading the charge
Sure. Enjoy your team's season on da empty seats of Dolphins stadium when they stay on the NL East cellar for another year.

LOL at people not having the Yankees in the top 5
1)Boston(pains me to say it)
2)Yankees
3)Mets
4)Clevland
5)Detroit

how can you say the mets down have 1-2 aces, i dont know if you watch espn or anything but johan santana has led the mlb in era, wins, and k's since 2003,now he's coming to the NL where he can see hitters like john smoltz rather than travis hafner, and a healthy pedro (which we caught a glimpse of beforethis year when he had surgery), sure this isnt the best 1-2 in baseball because pedro is a question but to say that have no 1-2 is absurd

listen i hate the yanks and sox just as much as the next guy, and im sure plenty of people dont like the mets, but when i rank teams i try to be as impartialas possible, the mets arent the best team in baseball (yet) by any means but to exclude them from a top 5 and say they don't have a 1-2 is just saying thatyou're a sour fan

1.Boston
2.Detroit
3.Angels
4.Mets
5.Indians/Yankees

i might have my list a little bias but i think it is right...

1.Redsoxs....world champs, smae team...only better...
2.Mets... they have been really good the last 2-3 years but now with Johan....WOW
3.Tigers...i cant stand em but they look good...if D-Train can do hid thing then they are gunna do good.
4.Dodgers...andrew jones, the kid from Japan, new staff (screw the yanks)...young talent only gets better ...loney!!
5.Indians...the pitching is just amazing...

runner ups
-yanks ( hate them )
-rockies ....young talent
maybe Angeles...vlad glad!!

dodgers wont will the NL west

bo sox
tigers
mets
yanks
and maybe Philidalphia or someone else but NOT the Dodgers they SUCK

Back
Top Bottom