Top 50 MCS of Our Time: 1987-2007

I can respect that top 5. I'm disappointed Styles P. didn't make this list though. He is truly underrated

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Ghost at 28 with Lyte at 26???

I can't honor that at all, no diss to Lyte, but naaah I can't go

x2
Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

41) Ice Cube

smh.gif

BDK is my fav rapper ever and I would'nt put him above Nas, BIG and Jay.

Rakim @ # 1
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by mossman75

23. Big L
Gunned down at the age of 24 on February 15, 1999, the rest of Big L's talent followed him to the grave. But he left us with enough material to know that he was one of the most auspicious storytellers in hip-hop history.
Best Album: The Big Picture
smh.gif

I see why your shaking your head. "The Big Picture" was a posthumous album that was half done. Big L > Jay-z

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Big Pun.. no no no... He CANT spit better than anyone on that list. ON THE REAL... & cam'ron DEF should be on that list... anywhere from 40 +.
SOMEONE give me something Pharoe Monch was famous for. Please..
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Code:
You need the Pun to dis you if your whole steez is unofficialI'll come and get you and let the desert eez tounge kiss youWith one pistol and two clips, I'll make your crew do flipsLike acrobatics, I'm charismatic, my gat is magicIt makes rappers disappear, whipser in your earCrystal clear, come here, let me kiss your tearsEverything you fear is here, you ain't got to search furtherThe first murder's the worst now I thirst further for reverse birthEvery verse hurts, every curse word's already more offending Than Eddie Murph's worstI thirst for blood like a vampire, any man claimin' his game's tighterIS A GOD DAMN LIAR!I set 'em on fire, retire your train of thoughtDrain a quart of blood out your brain and leave you insane in the darkThe king of New York!  Lays his crown in the Boogie DownAnd sprays the town, with a Mac hoodied downI'm no joke! (Yuh!!) I soak your face with a sweeperDying disgrace, I'll face your death through the speakerListen, it's obvious you havent listened to Pun in either a long time, or you have absolutely NO clue what you're talking about. You dont even know who Pharoe Monch is. Go sit down, please...

Don't worry, this moron was asking who Rakim was before.

Pun = my #3

If you have him below top 5 go kill yourself.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i can live with this list for the most part and lol @ cam seeing any parts of a top mc list EVER. he's not lyrically seeing anyone on this list nor has he made that one great album that puts him in the same weight class as anyone on this list. come home with me is NOT THAT GOOD and purple haze sounds like an extremely good mixtape. shut up.

The list isn't that bad. I too have some issues with certain particular placements, but overall the list is pretty on point.

There's never going to be a such thing as a perfect "Top"-anything, it's impossible.

i dont even know who Pharoe Monch is...

Big Pun.. no no no... He CANT spit better than anyone on that list..
WOW.

Uh...

*adds to ignore list

This order sucks...

There is NO way Big L shouldnt be in a top 10 list let alone top 20... Pun should be top 20 as well. Quality > Quantity. Dudes like Pharaoe and BlackThought over them
smh.gif

Jay-Z should NOT be over Pac (coming for a NY dude)

Busta over Method??
indifferent.gif

At least my dude Royce gets some well deserved recognition. IMO by the end of this year after his Slaughterhouse $$** releases AND Street Hop he will be evenhigher
pimp.gif

those are just some things that just should not be there...

on a personal opinion IMO AZ should be a bit higher as well (but im a HUGE AZ fan) and GZA should NOT be the highest of the Wu.

also Nas and Big should be > Kane and KRS. But I'm a big fan of Kane and KRS so i can respect that opinion. I would put Nas and Big over Rakim as wellbut i could never argue any list that puts either Big, Nas, or Rakim #1. I can argue #1 for any of those guys. Anybody else listed as #1 though i would argueit though.

My personal top 3 though is Big, Nas, Rakim.

EDIT: and just to add my opinion on this argument, I'm not trying to say Cam is the greatest or anything like top 20. But he should definitley getrecognition on the top 50. I mean he has more influence than more than half of the people on this list and that alone should prob get him in, nott to mentionall the eyars hes been doing his thing for. From his CoC !#+! around 1998 to the whole Dipset thing and having NYC on LOCK for awhile and even present day imean i may be in the minority but i enjoyed Crime Pays. I think that on a lyrical scale it was his best work in years. Cam IMO shouldnt be left offanybody's top 50...

Lupe should be top 50 as well, how old is this list? does anybody know?

and i KNOW ima get mad hate for this one. But i think Kanye should get a top 50 mention as well... yes as a rapper. I mean i dont think i can name 50 guys witha better rapping career than Kanye. Sure he is a FAR better producer, but College Dropout is one of my all time favorite albums and he goes IN lyrically in madof those songs. And Late rEgistration was a great album as well, so was Graduation IMO but that is whjen Ye strarted to fall off as a rapper imo.

A part from dishonoring G Rap by not even having him in their top 5... they don't even know his best album. List looks like it was made by people on thisforum
laugh.gif

50. Del the Funky Homosapien
Innovative and creative, Del made his mark as a key member of the Hieroglyphics crew and as a successful solo artist. The best part: he did without riding his cousin (Ice Cube)'s coattail.
Best Album: I Wish My Brother George Was Here Future Development/ Deltron 3030

Homie made the list. That's all I care about.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The dude who made this list is probably atleast 35

Putting Rakim over Nas or Kane over Hov is crazy. Thats like saying Elgin baylor or Dr. J is better than Jordan. They may have done it first but the nextgeneration came along and took it to the next level.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

41) Ice Cube

smh.gif

38.gif

Influence, punani killing & jerri curls to the side, as an all-encompassing MC, Cube is not top 40.

Cube is top 25.

No Ice Cube.......no Tupac.

List is respectable though. Couple names are in the wrong order and a couple MCs need to be replaced but it ain't outlandish.

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Putting Rakim over Nas or Kane over Hov is crazy. Thats like saying Elgin baylor or Dr. J is better than Jordan. They may have done it first but the next generation came along and took it to the next level.

laugh.gif
no it's not

indifferent.gif
Obviously you haven't listened to early cube.

Obviously you're stuck in the past.

Rappers have evolved in the 15 years since Cube was making classic music.
But between 1987-2007 How many classics has Cube dropped? Name 40 rappers who have made as many

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Putting Rakim over Nas or Kane over Hov is crazy. Thats like saying Elgin baylor or Dr. J is better than Jordan. They may have done it first but the next generation came along and took it to the next level.

laugh.gif
no it's not

Actually it is. If you can't admit that Nas and Hov took the styles that Rakim and Kane created to the next level, than your delusional.

Back
Top Bottom