Top 50 MCS of Our Time: 1987-2007

Where's 50?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

The dude who made this list is probably atleast 35

Putting Rakim over Nas or Kane over Hov is crazy. Thats like saying Elgin baylor or Dr. J is better than Jordan. They may have done it first but the next generation came along and took it to the next level.

laugh.gif
no it's not

Actually it is. If you can't admit that Nas and Hov took the styles that Rakim and Kane created to the next level, than your delusional.

Shut up!

List is fubar..... hate him or love him but Waynes Carter series puts him in the top 25 I dont care what you say and twista is not all that live.... he rapsfast.... ok.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

List is fubar..... hate him or love him but Waynes Carter series puts him in the top 25 I dont care what you say and twista is not all that live.... he raps fast.... ok.

TOP 25????
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Name 25 people off that list that Wayne is better than....

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

indifferent.gif
Obviously you haven't listened to early cube.

Obviously you're stuck in the past.

Rappers have evolved in the 15 years since Cube was making classic music.
But between 1987-2007 How many classics has Cube dropped? Name 40 rappers who have made as many

YOU name me 40 rappers.

Robert Horry has 7 championship rings, does that make him a better small forward than Scottie Pippen?
eyes.gif

The title of the thread is "Top MCs of our time", not top rappers with the most hits. If you want to make that argument Wyclef, who isn't even atop 50 rapper, trumps Cube. I'm not discrediting the man and his accomplishments with NWA and his first couple of albums. But dude is not a top 25MC.

ANDRE 3000 IS TOP 3

NO BIG BOI TOP 10-15?????????????
NO LUPE TOP 10-15???????????????????

no pusha malice on the list at all??

If andre 3000 was from NY yall would think hes #1.....

inc flames

indifferent.gif

If that's the case then only recent rappers should be on the list?

Cube is def. at the least top 30 mainstream.

This is from a dude from NYC that listens to 99% East Coast/NYC rap.

lol @ bustah, queen latifah, beanie sigel, bun b, and dmx being on the list.

absurd when you see del @ the 50 spot.

none of those guys are close to him.

Got albums from every artist on the list
pimp.gif
except Canibus, I don't%%%@ with Canibus.

Order is laughable with certain ppl.

PPL bringing up any of these artists that are relatively new obviously didn't read the qualifications for the list.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

indifferent.gif

But between 1987-2007 How many classics has Cube dropped? Name 40 rappers who have made as many

YOU name me 40 rappers.

Robert Horry has 7 championship rings, does that make him a better small forward than Scottie Pippen?
eyes.gif

The title of the thread is "Top MCs of our time", not top rappers with the most hits. If you want to make that argument Wyclef, who isn't even a top 50 rapper, trumps Cube. I'm not discrediting the man and his accomplishments with NWA and his first couple of albums. But dude is not a top 25 MC.

Did you just compare classic records to being a 6th option on a championship team?
laugh.gif
It's like if we were saying best player of the last 20 years you would haveto include who has the most MVP's. Wyclef has 1 classic album. Ice Cube has at least 3, maybe even 4 . And his influence from the NWA days still stands

What does Wyclef trump Ice Cube in?
laugh.gif
Fugees - The Score. Now what otherclassics does he have?

How are ppl in here trying to discredit Ice cube of all ppl?

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Big Pun.. no no no... He CANT spit better than anyone on that list. ON THE REAL... & cam'ron DEF should be on that list... anywhere from 40 +.
SOMEONE give me something Pharoe Monch was famous for. Please..
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Code:
You need the Pun to dis you if your whole steez is unofficialI'll come and get you and let the desert eez tounge kiss youWith one pistol and two clips, I'll make your crew do flipsLike acrobatics, I'm charismatic, my gat is magicIt makes rappers disappear, whipser in your earCrystal clear, come here, let me kiss your tearsEverything you fear is here, you ain't got to search furtherThe first murder's the worst now I thirst further for reverse birthEvery verse hurts, every curse word's already more offending Than Eddie Murph's worstI thirst for blood like a vampire, any man claimin' his game's tighterIS A GOD DAMN LIAR!I set 'em on fire, retire your train of thoughtDrain a quart of blood out your brain and leave you insane in the darkThe king of New York!  Lays his crown in the Boogie DownAnd sprays the town, with a Mac hoodied downI'm no joke! (Yuh!!) I soak your face with a sweeperDying disgrace, I'll face your death through the speakerListen, it's obvious you havent listened to Pun in either a long time, or you have absolutely NO clue what you're talking about. You dont even know who Pharoe Monch is. Go sit down, please...

EVERYBODY on that list can spit a line 5X + hotter than that.. (maybe im reaching)... but SERIOUSLY who is Pharohoe Monch is... Fo Real...
Cam'ron is MORE influential than BIG PUN.. and a better ARTIST period..

Originally Posted by M16

Don't worry, this moron was asking who Rakim was before.

Pun = my #3

If you have him below top 5 go kill yourself.
^ Not tryna come at you sidewayz... but are you referring to me?

3 Stacks is in my personal top 5.

But for him to not even be in the top 10 on here is absurd.

#16...outta here with that!

Back
Top Bottom