--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

The latter part of the message is a bit cryptic, but The Sun reports the show, as we know it, is effectively over. Instead of doing traditional reviews and studio segments, upcoming seasons of The Grand Tour will reportedly consist of at least four specials per year for the next two years. In essence, after season 3, the show will revolve around a handful of “big budget specials” rather than ten or so hour long episodes.

Speaking with the publication, Clarkson said “It’s a really sad day. I will miss the banter with each other and with the audience.” However, he acknowledged things need to change as “we’ve been doing that show for effectively 17 years — sitting around in studios, watching cars race around the track.”

Upcoming seasons are expected to focus on long road trips which are among the most popular with audiences. That’s a pretty big change, but Clarkson said “There are only so many times you can watch a BMW go round the track — what more can you say? It’s got four wheels and a seat.” He also joked “I’m 58 and I’m too fat to be climbing on to the stage.”

Not a bad episode to start the series but the highlights of the rest looked great.

Loved the first episode of the new season. The Mustang RTR is a bargain.

Hope they do away with the celebrity interviews from now on.

Google tells me that it is supposed to be nearer $65k - not far away from £40k.

Yeah I think so, I mean Hammond got hurt when he crashed the whip.
i mean yeah
but i always thought they do a run
then they let the stunt driver go ham
to spice up the scene a lil bit
and that hammond crash was him tryna go all out

Maybe though, I wouldn’t doubt it.

You can tell they really do the tests though because you got the camera in the car while Jeremy is shredding tires.

yeah dodge was wilding with having to do all that to turn the demon into a race car
i mean its cool
but im just tryna hop in and go fast

I skipped the entire last season, but since they're testing the McLaren Senna, I guess I'll give this episode a shot.

I had to look that up... and surely they wouldn't make something like that up... but apparently it happens... :sick:

Back
Top Bottom