--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

Last edited:
Is an Amazon Prime sub the only legal way to watch the show?

I really want to watch this and Man in the High Castle, but I'd basically be paying $79.00 Canadian just for those two shows for one year. 
laugh.gif

Is an Amazon Prime sub the only legal way to watch the show?

I really want to watch this and Man in the High Castle, but I'd basically be paying $79.00 Canadian just for those two shows for one year. :lol:

yup. this show was a bonus for me with my prime membership tho. I shop on amazon everyday love the 2 day shipping and sometimes sameday shipping. So when amazon bought this show I was hyped because I never really watched any other shows or movies on prime video

They say it's only 2.5Mb more than HD - so something like 16Mb. I regularly get 100 but even at peak times it's well over 60. The biggest issue appears to have been my TVs wifi - the new one is much better where the old one struggled sometimes.

Have we all given up on The Grand Tour?  I didn't watch the last two episodes... just didn't grip me the way TG used to.

I still haven't seen an episode, is the season done?

I want to just binge watch it with the Prime Free Trial.

I still haven't seen an episode, is the season done?

Season 1 is done. Overall if you enjoyed the last few seasons of Top Gear before the host change then you will probably enjoy this, definitely less car-review focused than TG but still a fun watch.

Last edited:
I'm gonna give it a chance!  Evans is out, which is a good thing.  I like Chris Harris' vids, while I felt Joey did an ok job.  I didn't really enjoy The Grand Tour... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What? I think the grand tour was great for their first season. With the cancer gone I may check out Top Gear again.

I'm gonna give it a chance!  Evans is out, which is a good thing.  I like Chris Harris' vids, while I felt Joey did an ok job.  I didn't really enjoy The Grand Tour... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What didn't you like about it? I didn't realize evans is gone but I guess I'll give the first episode a shot and see what sort of cars will be on this season. If there's a pagani or koenigsegg then I'll definitely be watch that episode

Last edited:
What didn't you like about it? I didn't realize evans is gone but I guess I'll give the first episode a shot and see what sort of cars will be on this season. If there's a pagani or koenigsegg then I'll definitely be watch that episode
I get that on old TG, a lot of their gags were staged, scripted and whatnot for the LOL's... but on GT, to me, it felt more forced and dragged on a bit too much.  Off the top of my head, I think it was the military-training episode in Jordan, where they (IMO) tried too hard to be funny and it just got lame.  Perhaps the season ended on a high-note, I dunno... maybe I might eventually get back to watching those last two episodes.

Initial reviews of TG S24E01 seems positive... I'll try to check it out tonight. 

I feel like that was the only boring episode imo. The repetitiveness made me skip through most of that segment. I also think it's boring when they introduce the star and then something happens, again I just skip past those parts.

Yeah, it was just ok/so-so.  The FXXK bit was nuts, but the roadtrip was meh.  But minus Evans, it was already better than last season.   We shall see what the rest of the season brings!  

No more Sabine?! 

Back
Top Bottom