TOP TEN SNEAKERS OF ALL TIME IN THE AREA

Originally Posted by OutLaw2j

here go afew: foams, air bakins, 991's, 992's, 2000's, nike boots, lebrons....

air force one's and air max 95's are not big in the DC area.

This pertains to the last statement... I rocked Air Force Ones (Highs & Lows) heavily in the late 80s and early 90s...

We used to go school shopping on F St. (back when there was 'Cavaliers' and the various shops that sufficated their shoes in siran-wrap across thestreet...)

^
Co-sign.

AF1s were known as "DCs" until like... er... 1994 or maybe?

"Where you get them white-red strap DCs jo?"

Memories............................................................

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Le Coq Sportiff Yannick Noah's w/ the matching "Referree" Sportiff sweatsuit. Sergio Tachini sweats are back in Shoe City.

Truth in its entirety.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ive only know AF1's to be called DC's since i was in the 6th grade (95'-96') up until 2004. That was the first time i heard of a "fathead" or a "flav".

we don't wear new balances in baltimore anymore
laugh.gif

can somebody explain to me why 992's cost $100+ anyway...

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

AF1s were known as "DCs"
indifferent.gif
BLASPHEMY!!!!! What incredulous nonsense you speak of Kev!?....

But...Then again this isn't about the "area" but rather the "urea"....soooooo

Carry on...

AF1's known as DC's??
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

laugh.gif

But I bet you got your Rockports heavy in stock doe....
tongue.gif

indifferent.gif

Carry on...

Dawg....

In D.C., they were known as "D.C.s" during my element. and jr. high school years. Nothing more,nothing less.
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
Wow ... all of you kids born after 83' seem to think that B'more had something to do with this whole AF1 thing ...

Here's how it went ...

We had all of the fashion conscious cats in DC and AF1's were being transshipped into stores like Four Dude's, Cavaliers, DDTP, Madness, The Van on14th (by Clifton Terrace that was always in the gas station) & Van on 7th St ( in the Giant parking lot). Then you had the whole Georgetown thing withPlayers of GT (the real one on M St.), Prince & Princess, and all of the Mom & Pop's.

So when I tell you that the story being told on the 1thology site is almost all real but not 100% ... DC cats made the force popular ... Just like we did withmost of the hot urban fashion trends that started in the 80's/90's ....

B'more owns the force now (thanks to DTLR) but it wasn't always yours ... times change ... but the facts stay the same
pimp.gif

^^^DC has never been known for AF1's. Baltimore was in on the INITIAL AF1 movement in the 80's along with Philly & New York. New York, Baltimore& Philly were the 3 major cities that helped propel the Af1 to the status that it is at today. Why do u think they gave these 3 cities our own AF1 in themanner that they did? furthermore, where's DC's exclusive AF1??
nerd.gif

exactly. just for the record, i don't even rock forces no more. & thats not to say DC cats wasn't rockin forces back in the 80's, but we'retalkin places that made AF1's popular. sorry, DC is NOT on that list. any nike rep that is in the know will tell u this. ask them the 3 most influentialcities early on for the AF1 and i guarantee DC is not on that list. and i guarantee baltimore IS on that list.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

laugh.gif

But I bet you got your Rockports heavy in stock doe....
tongue.gif

indifferent.gif

Carry on...
Dawg....

In D.C., they were known as "D.C.s" during my element. and jr. high school years. Nothing more, nothing less.
eyes.gif

yeah we still rock rockports from time to time. we stopped wearing rockports as a whole years ago tho. actually that's when we switched to nikeboots.

as far as yall callin af1's dc's, i just think it's funny how yall try to make everything your own.
roll.gif
yall swear yall started the whole nikeboot craze, yall swear yall staertedrockin foams & flightposites first. i gues yall were wearing new balances first too, huh.
laugh.gif
new balances is so played around here, we was wearin them too many yearsago...
laugh.gif

eyez is 100% right actually. when i first moved to va i didnt know what "dc's" were for the longest until somebody told me. some people stillcall em that....

CharmCityKid ... no disrespect but like I said in my post ... you "KIDS" don't know your history very well ...
I gather you feel like AF1's, Gucci & MCM tennis shoes are all some fantasy we had back in the 80's ...

How old are you? No really ...

And then let me know how much you were in DC & NYC in the late 80's and early 90's??? And I don't mean on the family trips with your Mom's& Pop's ... because I did those too ... but let's just say I saw what cat's were wearing first hand back then ...

I'm 35 in 10 days ... my uncle Breeze (Breeze's Metro Club is my great uncle .... did I hear anyone say "Kiddie Caberet"???) let me come tothe Met back when "The best time with RE" was "at the Metroo Cluuub" so I saw what was going on in my city too!

What you know about that ???

On the real ... I know DC had no exclusives but like I said before it was due to all of the back-door action that cats had to use to get product ... And by thetime NYC was really on it (because it was purely an Uptown thing thus the 'Uptown' nickname) we were done with it ...

Not mad at you for having your theory ... just have some facts to back it up ...
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

^^^^ kids??
laugh.gif
i'm 28 btw, homie. i'm from baltimore, but i was actually born in brooklyn, which is where my mother was from. oh & itz all good,son. i ain't take no offense to nothin u said. but u said all that to say what?? i still see zero proof of how dc was rockin Af1's first...
nerd.gif

oh, & then u go as far as to say dc was on Af1's before NY??
roll.gif
i personally would like to bridge the gap between baltimore & dc cause i knowa lot of real cool dc cats. baltimore cats that don't get away from baltimore don't see it that way cause they are closed minded as some dc cats are.

but on the real, yall dc cats really kill me. let yall tell it, yall started EVERYTHING that is popular.
laugh.gif

i was a freshman at morgan in '97 dc cats was still wearin slouch socks, the dc chicks was still wearin high top freestyle reeboks. c'mon homie, theseare things we had stopped rockin like 5-6 years earlier.

i'm a kid at heart, but i'm a grown man, son. u might be a little older than me, but i know my history when it come to this shoe game. i been doin thisthis since 1st grade = somewhere around '86... low top suede pumas wit fat laces... og black/red jordan 1's what was u rockin in 1st grade?? busterbrown?? what?

its all love tho homie, but u can't discredit what i know...

i was lookin for some older stuff.. i got proof of how i been rolloin since i can remember, but htis is me in like 7th grade... '92 i think it was...
2vl2wpk.jpg
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TOWEH

indifferent.gif
Wow ... all of you kids born after 83' seem to think that B'more had something to do with this whole AF1 thing ...

Here's how it went ...

We had all of the fashion conscious cats in DC and AF1's were being transshipped into stores like Four Dude's, Cavaliers, DDTP, Madness, The Van on 14th (by Clifton Terrace that was always in the gas station) & Van on 7th St ( in the Giant parking lot). Then you had the whole Georgetown thing with Players of GT (the real one on M St.), Prince & Princess, and all of the Mom & Pop's.

So when I tell you that the story being told on the 1thology site is almost all real but not 100% ... DC cats made the force popular ... Just like we did with most of the hot urban fashion trends that started in the 80's/90's ....

B'more owns the force now (thanks to DTLR) but it wasn't always yours ... times change ... but the facts stay the same
pimp.gif

Preach, you can't leave out Racquet & Jogg, Snyders..spelling my be wrong....It was on georgia ave.....I love the cream fila's..

'92 i think it was...
Yeah tha's when I would be mistaken for an 'Uptown' cat on HU campus ... for some reason the 'Uptown' cats dressed like the DCcats they use to do dirt with
laugh.gif

I was out of high school by 92 ... very good year for kicks ... bad year for DC murder rate ... but its all good!

I see you in the good ole 'flick' ... good to hear that you know a few things about what happened in the past ...

But you backed yourself in a corner with the being from BK and then living in B'more ...

That just proves that you weren't in DC or Harlem to see what was going on ... you said something about Puma's ...

Do you know how hard you would have gotten joaned on for wearing anything other then the Skytop's (all because of Ralph Smpson!!)
eyes.gif

I was there ... so you can take it or leave it ... and I have been on my shoe thing since 7th grade ( about the same time you got into it ... 85/86)

I know you on ya grizzy my man ... just that the fact still remains ... we started it ... then ya'll popularized the shoe ... then we left it alone ...seen it way too many times with fashion in DC/MD/VA ...

And you killed it with the flick!
wink.gif

I'm say this first and foremost.... Just cuz I was born in January of 84 doesn't mean I have anyless knowledge of AF1's ( or shoes for that matter) than some of the older heads And I'm damn sure ain't no KID I'm grown man homie... I got uncles who were buyin' walls of air at Charlie RudosAnd Cinderellas just to go to Pascals, Giovanchy's, Strawberry 5000 and Odells... I wasn't attempting to takin' a shot at Kev credibility ( that myBig Bro ) but that was something I nor anybody from Bmore has ever heard of...But like he said that was his element his,childhood,his upbringing and in the80's and 90's Rivalry was law... I'm trippin off this cuz there is no way to prove what you're sayin' unless you were also in Bmore ( inwhich case if you were I don't think your story would sound the same )..In which case I doubt it but hey I know nothing about you.. Kev real talk dawg youknow I would never purposely carry you on any level like that...I just used poor judgement with my words, got sloppy and forgot an emoticon... But like I saidthis post wasn't about the area as an whole...but then again alot of these threads never are..I'll just stay in the cut for a min.

^ Aint nothing like that. For once, I wasn't trying to ignite an e-war. I was being sincere. LMAO! I wasn't in Bmore at that time, so I can'tdiscredit whatever "nickname" forces had in East Bmore. Thus, neither can you since you were not in Uptown D.C. in the 80s/early to mid 90s. That wasmy only point. Now if I walked in Sports Mart in 1991, and asked for some "D.C.s" --- RRRRRRRRRRRooooooooooottttttttffffffffffffff.

itz all gravy, homie. i could be wrong... itz just that this is the first i've ever heard of dc being the first cats rockin af1's. of course back theni was too young to actually have 1st hand knowledge ( i was born in '79) so anything before that time i was taught by the og's i came up under. butlike i said, itz all love...
smile.gif

& yeah, it would be real fake for me to portray myself as "from" bk just cause i happened to be born there. i'm from baltimore... my momshad moved back to baltimore as sson as she had me.

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

I'm say this first and foremost.... Just cuz I was born in January of 84 doesn't mean I have anyless knowledge of AF1's ( or shoes for that matter ) than some of the older heads And I'm damn sure ain't no KID I'm grown man homie... I got uncles who were buyin' walls of air at Charlie Rudos And Cinderellas just to go to Pascals, Giovanchy's, Strawberry 5000 and Odells... I wasn't attempting to takin' a shot at Kev credibility ( that my Big Bro ) but that was something I nor anybody from Bmore has ever heard of...But like he said that was his element his,childhood,his upbringing and in the 80's and 90's Rivalry was law... I'm trippin off this cuz there is no way to prove what you're sayin' unless you were also in Bmore ( in which case if you were I don't think your story would sound the same )..In which case I doubt it but hey I know nothing about you.. Kev real talk dawg you know I would never purposely carry you on any level like that...I just used poor judgement with my words, got sloppy and forgot an emoticon... But like I said this post wasn't about the area as an whole...but then again alot of these threads never are..I'll just stay in the cut for a min.
damn harmcity, u took me way back... talkin bout odell's & strawberry 5ooo & charlie rudos. u forgot about volcano's. i stay upcinderellas tho. paul is my dude (thatz the white dude that owns the spot, in case u ain't know). him and charlie was like brothers back in the day. hewas just tellin me the other day the story of how he left the business to his daughter and she let her husband put them in all kinds of debt which is why thereis no more rudo sports.

but yeah, u took me back for a minute.

but yeah, no disrepect to anyone in this thread i don't know anyone by name. i wasn't tryna discredit anyone eaither. just a little debate, thatall...

Alot of good information in this thread, I came to the area in 1992 so this is a good read for me. Anybody got pictures of all old sneakers?

^
I have to scan and crop...

I'd be damned if bammas get past pics of me to blast on the net for eternity...

Don't trip CharmCityKid ... you all good in my book for having that flick! You are about to make me look for all of my old flicks!

^^thanks homie. i gotta find all the old, old pics. i got pics when i was younger than that with dookie ropes & troop sweatsuits & sh*t. 8-ballleathers & sh*t like that. i was like in 4th grade & my sister was in high scholol.

my older sister always had a dopeboy boyfriend back in the day & them dudes kept me laced. i remember when she had a suzuki sidekick wit a BANGIN system.cressidas & saabs was the sh*t. them were the days, lol.

eyes of hazel,
its cool. i know i look mad wack in that pic. i was just a little kid. but i ain't ashamed cause itz real. that busted lookin little kid in that pic ispart of what makes me who i am today, so i ain't trippin. we all was kinda wack back in the day in some way, shape or form.

Project Pat once said: "If u in it, represent it."

harmcity,
i distinctly remember back in '86 i think it was. moms took me to mondawmin. i copped my first 2 rap tapes... paid in full and cool, hot & vicious(salt & pepa). what is now changes used to be music liberated. the dude dj rockit club mixtapes was the sh*t. he used to dg at odell's andvolcano's.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom