Torii Hunter is going to the Angels!!!

this is good news to me. now that torii is out of the picture, that makes it all the more likely my nats are going to get a.j. or elijah dukes
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I've always thought Matthews Jr. was one of the best defensive CF, but Hunter is simply
eek.gif
. It looks like Willits will be the odd man out in regardsto the 3 OF positions and the DH, which sucks because I love his speed.

P.S. I already miss Cabrera.

Nice pick up for the Angels. They might have overpaid a little, but Hunter had a career year last year and boosted his value in the market.

Wait, so they gave him 90 mil over 5 years? And I thought they Rangers offer of 6/90 was overvaluing him...
The deal was made in 24 hours according to Hunter's agent. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up on the Cabrera sweepstakes, so theironly option was to pick up a CF.

Congratulations Minnesota Twins, for not letting up in being the top teams' minor league system yet again.
alien.gif

Next up: Johan Santana to the Mets or Yankees.

Unbelievable. Well that center field hole will be filled nicely by someone in the Twins' minor leagues. I believe their top CF prospect batted .230 lastyear with 3 HRs.

As a Dodger fan, this is terrible.

The Angels strike again..

Great pickup Anaheim.

RyGuy45 wrote:
Congratulations Minnesota Twins, for not letting up in being the top teams' minor league system yet again.
alien.gif

Next up: Johan Santana to the Mets or Yankees.

Unbelievable. Well that center field hole will be filled nicely by someone in the Twins' minor leagues. I believe their top CF prospect batted .230 last year with 3 HRs.
earlier, I wrote:
So now GMMJr, Torii and ______ (the third guy will change many times throughout the season) have the OF locked up, so let's get some pitching* or 3b.

*I heard a rumor (that started in my head 5 seconds ago) that Torii and Santana are really good friends, and that wherever Torii goes, Johan said he would follow.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Lets be real, this is a terrible move. I know I'd be salty as !$#! if the yankees signed him to a deal like this. Tori Hunter is NOT a $18 million dollar ayear player. This to me is a panic move because I guess they dont want to give up prospects or dont have the prospects to get Miggy Cabrera.

It also shows how much of a bust GMJ already is.

Hunter making more money than Vlady on the same team =
alien.gif
alien.gif

^ You do realize that during the Bulls championship runs, Jordan wasn't always the highest paid Bulls every year, right?

Props to any franchise player that is NOT the highest paid on the team... and is o.k. with that.

And if you knew Vladdy, you'd now he's perfectly o.k. with that.

Not that I know Vladdy personally or anything, but I'm saying, dude doesn't care about how big of a star he is or anything, and that's awesome.

Ska you can gladly take Johan, only as long as the Twins are smart enough to TRADE him there. Not let him walk.

And take it from a guy who has watched Santana since he came up. He's close with Hunter, but he aint that close if you get my drift.

$$$$ Talks.

way to chase the money torii. the angels were not even in the picture!!!!!!! they came outta no where!!!!!! thanks for getting the royals hopes up fornothing$*!*+%* bum. i hope he does horrible gets hit with a ball his first time up.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have said many times on here that I love this dude's game.

With Garret moving closer to Tim Salmon's territory and Vladimir likely moving to a DH spot because of his mapquest routes to the ball playing OF, getting a solid OF was a must.

So now GMMJr, Torii and ______ (the third guy will change many times throughout the season) have the OF locked up, so let's get some pitching* or 3b.

*I heard a rumor (that started in my head 5 seconds ago) that Torii and Santana are really good friends, and that wherever Torii goes, Johan said he would follow.
nerd.gif

7y2jnkj.jpg

As a Dodger fan, this is terrible.

The Angels strike again..

Off-Season isn't over yet and we are in the running for a lot of players.

This is just my opinion, but I think the Angels-Marlins deal is dead, this deal was made in one day and they threw a ton of money at Hunter.

The Angels, like the Dodgers, are under pressure to get a big bat. Making this power play for Hunter probably shows that the Angels did not want to cave in tothe Marlins high demands (I'm hoping the Dodgers don't cave in either.). If the Marlins don't lower their asking price, you can say that MiguelTejada will finally be an Angel. The Angels really want Ervin Santana to be a part of the Cabrera deal, the Marlins don't want him, however the Orioleswill take him and other pieces for Tejada.

I keep hearing the rumors that Jones or Rowand will be in Dodger blue, so it is only a matter of time (Winter Meetings).

Ska, there will be two requirements in order to land Santana: Talented prospects and high payroll. The only teams being tossed out are the Yankees, Red Sox,Dodgers and Angels. It's a nice short list to be a part of.

^ You do realize that during the Bulls championship runs, Jordan wasn't always the highest paid Bulls every year, right?

Props to any franchise player that is NOT the highest paid on the team... and is o.k. with that.

And if you knew Vladdy, you'd now he's perfectly o.k. with that.

Not that I know Vladdy personally or anything, but I'm saying, dude doesn't care about how big of a star he is or anything, and that's awesome.

Possibly during the first run Jordan wasnt the highest paid but even then he was already established and I highly doubt it unless you have some facts.

Also, you said you dont know Vlad personally yet you said he doesnt care about how big of a star he is or anything. You dont know that for sure either.Vlad has been an awesome bargain for this team and I think he just wants to win but he also understands the team is better with a Miguel Cabrera then a ToriHunter.
As a fan of an opposing team I'm just happy you guys are going to have an old%$!$ outfield in a couple of years.

^ O.K., that wasn't true about Jordan. I said it because I heard it a long time ago somewhere and always remembered it, but I never looked it up. I justlooked it up at basketball-reference.com, and he was the highest paid player during all of their championships.

But there are star that don't require being the highest paid on the team. We both know this.

And no, Vladdy doesn't care about being the star, the highest paid player, having the spotlight, or anything else that it is important to the likes ofA-Rod or Kobe. No, he hasn't mentioned other players like I just did, but he has said (and he continues to show) that he really does not embrace thesuperstar role.

Hunter is going to lose a step or two defensively in about 3 years.

For the remainder of the contract, Angels fans are going to !@%!% and moan that $16 million should get you more than a .270 average, 18 hr and 90 rbis.(I'm being generous).

^ O.K., that wasn't true about Jordan. I said it because I heard it a long time ago somewhere and always remembered it, but I never looked it up. I just looked it up at basketball-reference.com, and he was the highest paid player during all of their championships.

But there are star that don't require being the highest paid on the team. We both know this.

And no, Vladdy doesn't care about being the star, the highest paid player, having the spotlight, or anything else that it is important to the likes of A-Rod or Kobe. No, he hasn't mentioned other players like I just did, but he has said (and he continues to show) that he really does not embrace the superstar role.

laugh.gif
I knew I'd catch you on that but I never said Vlad cares aboutbeing the star etc. All I was saying in my original post is that Tori Hunter shouldnt be getting paid more than Vlad but like you said the best player isntalways the highest paid one, without a doubt.

This news makes my day. I just hope the angels just don't get killed in the playoffs next year.

Back
Top Bottom