Toronto Raptor fans - check in here

you have a good point tripledouble198....

this season is a pointless season for the raptors.. with all the new faces.. they just need to know how each others plays... and what not.. and then they'll be fine.. mayb even next year they'll be a little better

Hornets have the brightest future

David West, Josh Smith, Desmond Mason, Chris Paul.

The Raptors just need some time to learn and some time to get Jalen traded for the right pieces to help us win.

the future seems promising with what triple said............but i think they need to have patient with the coach too knowing this season is pointless. they should not can Mitchell cause constant coach changes is not a healthy thing IMO.

If they're serious about rebuilding, they woulda traded Rose by now.

13mil per is a lot of money.

Also, a lot of games that we lost we're due to coaching errors.

OMG!!! I'M REALLY A GUY BUT YALL BEAST TO MUCH.
Seriously, yall complain way to much about your so-called girl problems.
GET A BLOG. DUN WASTE BANDWITH WIT YOUR LOVE DUCKTALES NO ONE CARES. READING IS FUNDAMENTALS.
First member of TEAM ***** - I LIKE THEM.​

^ Again...I'm not sure anyone understands the circumstances with trading big contracts. First, Rose makes $16M, not 13, and we couldn't just trade him for picks or young talent. The trade has to make sense with THIS SEASONS SALARY...so if Rose goes one way, we need to get the equivalent in this seasons salary coming this way. But that would only make sense for the Raps if the guy(s) we were getting had their contracts expire after this season (ie, they come off our books and cap after this season). Rose comes off after next, so it doesn't make any sense to deal him for any one other than Penny (who comes off after this).

Rose's trade value is lower by a country mile than that of Vince, so if you want Babs to trade Rose...expect to get more Araujo's....and be on the hook for them for longer.

Mitchell is only poor in terms of Defensive abilities and teaching. We have had about 3 games (Dallas, Wash, and Seattle that I can think of) where we had DECENT opportunity at the end to win it. In fact, its Mitchell that got Vill, Bonner and Rose several open shots.

Everyone take a deep breath....and exhale. It's not so bad folks. Sure, the record looks bad, but for the most part, the games have been entertaining. I have some very bad memories for the Kevin O'Neil days, those games were horrible to watch.

It's understandable that fans want the team to win now, but we have to suffer through these times before we move on to better times. It's a learning and developing process.

And please, don't buy into the media hype. Toronto media are just insane and unfortunately, have a big influence on fans attitudes.
Ryan ] [ Location: Toronto (Canada) ][/b]
] [ email: [email protected] ]
LET'S GO RAPTORS! ]

Quote:
Mitchell is only poor in terms of Defensive abilities and teaching.

Which happens to be very unfortunate because defence wins games and in order to help mature the younger players, they need a good teacher.

:frown:
frown.gif

OMG!!! I'M REALLY A GUY BUT YALL BEAST TO MUCH.
Seriously, yall complain way to much about your so-called girl problems.
GET A BLOG. DUN WASTE BANDWITH WIT YOUR LOVE DUCKTALES NO ONE CARES. READING IS FUNDAMENTALS.
First member of TEAM ***** - I LIKE THEM.​

raps win by 1 WOOOO lol.
I'll put u on hardbottoms like you workin' for 'Jumpman'//

^ They probably should. He's popular with the crowd and if he can still rebound he would be great with the raptors right now. He's a FA right now and the raps could prob get him for cheap.

Did he really? news to me lol

yea JYD was waived/retired and he took up a front office/scout position witht he NYK. I was hoping we would pick him up. didn't happen. |I
tired.gif

aka nkwu

Visit JustBBall Tell them nkwu sent you.

it's a shame how jyd never really found a home. he moved around a lot...kind of like unappreciated talent. i would take him over some of the guys we have on our team anyday:

pape sow
eric williams
aaron williams
derek martin (basically another chris childs in his overweight days)

2 wins in a row...watch out nba, this is the turn around. nba playoffs here we come...

what's up with eric and aaron anyways?, theyve just been benched for the season.

And Pape is tearing up the d-league.
aka nkwu

Visit JustBBall Tell them nkwu sent you.

haha we have a WIN streak.. thats a new one...

and eric and aaron should be traded.. the're not doing us any good

not using eric or aaron williams = giving vince carter away for FREE

buying out alonzo mourning in the process = PAYING money to give away vince carter...

y'all here/see the guy who goes to every raptors game with the same sign? one says "raptor killer" with a pic of babcock wit devil horns. and the other just says "FIRE BABCOCK"

Now I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Who do you propose we trade the Williams' for? Their trade value is lower than Jalen's, which means we'd get nothing for them. Any by nothing, I don't mean a first rounder who hasn't performed...I mean literally nothing.

Babcock won't trade them because A. Williams comes off the books this summer...freeing up $3.5M, and E. Williams has a player option, which he won't take because he doesn't want to be here. So his salary comes off, which is about $4M. That frees up close to $12M in salary. The only way they are traded is if a team puts up young talent that we can use or and expiring contract.

Wouldn't you rather have that money for a free agent in the summer rather than tying it up with new players. Keep in mind, we would have to trade those guys for equal salary this season...meaning we would get crap guys anyway.

Also, Babcock is waaaaay smarter than that clown at the games, for several reasons. Least of which is the fact that HE paid for his ticket...so the raps have his money...cheers, idiot.

If you want to see the Raps payroll...go here:
Hoopshype

Also...that game vs. the Nets was funny. I see the got out the magic cure for 'jumpers knee' when vince when down.

that washington game was close. thought we would go on a 3 game win streak for a second there.. thanks for the link KungFu.. gonna go through that...

Back
Top Bottom