Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

what i really want to know is how legitimate jo's camps claims are of him being fully rehabbed and this best hes felt in years.

I bet theyve said that every year after an injury.
laugh.gif

^exactly what i think man, you always hear *%#% like that after an athlete is yearning for a comeback season. Evander holyfield was tellin peeps hes in thebest shape of this life and the best fighting hes done when he did that best damn ... %%*+# haha

anyone have knowlege of our roster, or at least a hint of who's gonna be in our roster for the 2008 Summer League?

Good pickup with Hassan Adams. He'll provide a lot of energy off the bench for you guys.

Good to see him back with an NBA team.

Nice to see ya in here JB, even though your a rival fan
laugh.gif

Nah, your good in my books.

So, im off the computer for 3 days, and miss out that Caldy re-signed, Roko is coming over finally (
smile.gif
), and we Hassan!?

And, that it was Canada day yesterday!? Sweet Jesus life is good (except when the computer crashes).

Happy Canada Day fellow Canucks!

I havent pulled one in a while, so CHEAAAAAAA!

Nice to see ya in here JB, even though your a rival fan
laugh.gif

Nah, your good in my books.
laugh.gif
I had to slip in here for the 1st time since the thread was made since a former Net got back in the league.

Quietly leaves now...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I mean, I wouldnt have the guts to slip into a Net thread... theres a mutual hate but respect
laugh.gif

Its all good. JB23 FTW
laugh.gif

Matt Devlin is the new Raps PBP announcer

Raps eyeing House, Tony Allen, Dixon and Roger Mason as a combo guard off the bench.

Peaceeeeeee

Originally Posted by soulize dp

Matt Devlin is the new Raps PBP announcer

Raps eyeing House, Tony Allen, Dixon and Roger Mason as a combo guard off the bench.

Peaceeeeeee
OH MY GOD!

Not because im excited; becuase we are stupid.

Dixon - we already let him go, it didnt work. BC, if you didnt get it the first time, I dont know how you will ever understand. BTW how's Andrea shapingout?
Roger Mason Jr. - Why in the hell would he want to come back? I thought he was let go unfairly. Give one good reason why he should or would come back toToronto

Tony Allen would be a good fit, but I dont see him playing for Toronto
Eddie House... all he does is shoot. I think we have that in Kapono. The only reason why I would want Eddie to come in, is to play backup PG. And even then, heisn't a good ballhandler

We need to fix our needs, not get players that we already have spots for.

uh, someone inform me on Devlin... Let's hope our announcer has an IQ over 100 this time.

and on those players the Raptors are currently scouting...

House: Do we not already have perimeter shooting?

Dixon:
laugh.gif
no this guy again.

Roger Mason: I actually like him, but a shooter as well.

Allen: My fave. out of the bunch. Even though he had that injury, I think he still has alot of potential.

Update: Toronto Raptors SL roster.

2008 TORONTO RAPTORS SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER
(As of July 7, 2008)

Player - Pos. - Ht. - Wt. - Birth Date - School/Country
Hassan Adams - F - 6-4 - 220 - 06/20/84 - Arizona
Deji Akindele - C - 6-10 - 240 - 04/03/83 - Chicago State
Sean Banks - F - 6-8 - 210 - 01/20/85 - Memphis
Rod Benson - C - 6-10 - 235 - 10/10/84 - California
Joel Bosh - F- 6-7 - 185- 03/11/86 - Alabama State
Coleman Collins - F - 6-9 - 236 - 06/22/86 - Virginia Tech
Daniel Ewing - G - 6-3 - 185 - 03/26/83 - Duke
Thomas Gardner - F - 6-5 - 213 - 02/08/85 - Missouri
C.J. Giles - C - 6-11 - 240 - 09/25/85 - Oregon State
Joey Graham - F - 6-7 - 225 - 06/11/82 - Oklahoma State
John Lucas - G - 5-11 - 165 - 11/21/82 - Oklahoma State

Summer League Head Coach - Eric Hughes
Summer League Assistant Coach - Micah Nori

SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE

Saturday, July 12 vs. Sacramento* 4 p.m. (ET)
Monday, July 14 vs. Denver* 6 p.m. (ET)
Thursday, July 17 vs. Philadelphia* 8 p.m. (ET)
Friday, July 18 vs. L.A. Lakers^ 8:30 p.m. (ET)
Saturday, July 19 vs. Golden State* 6 p.m. (ET)

* denotes game played at Cox Pavilion
^ denotes game played at Thomas & Mack Center

^ and I have a feeling that Joey Graham will RIP through the summer league, just like in his college days.

Now that the Elton Brand to 6ers is almost finalized, they just took a huge step forward in the east. How do you think the raps are gonna fair next season,assuming JO is 80-90% as healthy as he was in his prime. I think its healthy competition, its all the more reason for the raps to work harder to stay in themid-to-top spots in the eastern conference. Whatre the early predictions as to where the raps might be a month or two into the season?

Im curious to see how guys like Hassan Adams, Daniel Ewing and Joel Bosh (purely because hes CB's bro, im just wondering what his game is like) will farein the SL. I was hoping they wouldve played Ukic on the SL team as well, to see how hes improved in the past year.

Ukic is gonna be playing here, backing up jose. just a matter of time before the paperwork for his transfer and all such is completed according to BC

This was in the Toronto Star couple days ago..

Delfino likely done as a Rap
"The Raptors are expected to sign newcomers Roko Ukic and Nathan Jawai in the next few days, but veteran guard Carlos Delfino appears to be on the wayout. Delfino, who averaged career highs in points (9.0) and rebounds (4.4) last season for Toronto, likely will not return, even though he received aqualifying offer from the club last month. Delfino is a restricted free agent, meaning that Toronto would have the right to match any offer he receives. Butthe Raptors are unlikely to exceed the NBA salary cap to keep him."

I would of loved to see Delfino in a Raptor uniform 08/09 season
but from the looks of it,thats likely not going to happen

It's official.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/rokoukic_071608.html

Raptors Sign Roko Ukic

ukic190romarelease.jpg
July 16, 2008

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have signed guard Roko Ukic (pronounced RO-ko OO-keech) to a three-year contract. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed. Ukic was a second-round selection (41st overall) by the Raptors in the 2005 NBA Draft.

Ukic, 6-foot-5, 210 pounds, played in Italy last season with Lottomatica Virtus Roma. He averaged career highs of 11.5 points, 2.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.1 steals in 19 Euroleague contests. He shot .545 from the field and .824 from the charity stripe. He had a high of 23 points versus Partizan Igokea and eight assists on two occasions (at Real Madrid and at Panathinaikos).

In 34 regular season Italian League outings, Ukic again posted career bests with averages of 11.5 points, 2.6 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.7 steals. He shot .599 from the floor and .748 at the foul line. He totaled a high of 27 points at Tisettanta Cantu. Toronto played against Ukic and Lottomatica during the Raptors' NBA Europe Live '07 visit to Rome. Ukic had 10 points and nine assists in 38 minutes as the Raptors won 93-87.

Ukic, 22, began his professional career in 2000-01 with KK Split (Croatia). He played four seasons with KK Split before moving to Spain and Tau Ceramica Vitoria for the 2005-06 season. He spent the 2006-07 campaign with FC Barcelona. He helped his teams to the 2006 and 2007 Spanish National Championship (King's Cup).

Ukic is a member of the Croatian National Team and is competing in the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens, July 14-20.

<---I'm just sayin again.

and I haven't caught the Raps playing in the summer league. It's all DALLAS and NEW YORK. Joey plays well in the summer league and if I'm notmistaken he was good last year.

and I'm also glad we get to see this guy name Roko Ukic play. Looks like a good pick-up again. we gotta sport this logo on our unis now:

unflag.gif

As it stands right now, Celtics are still the best team in the division and the NYK are undoubtedly the worst team in the division. Both the Raptors +76ersgot immediate help, if the 76ers resign Iggy, then they'll have something the Raptors dont; an athletic wingman who can score in bunches. The Nets are ingood shape too but it's going to take a while for Yi and Brook Lopez to develop into solid contributors in the NBA.

1. Celtics
2. Raps/76ers
3. Raps/76ers
4. Nets
5. NYK

Comparing the 76ers and Raps...

JO > Sammy
Brand = Bosh
Iggy > Moon
Parker = Green
Miller = Calderon

Bench: Thad Young, Reggie Evans, Louis Williams > Raps bench

speaking of uniforms...we're finally getting the black alternates that we've been pondering about for a while.

Back
Top Bottom